Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. macOS native share experience

Please make an add-in so we can share directly from the macOS plattform into teams. You have this on iOS already and it is GREAT.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UWP App for Windows 10 and guest login support

An idea I leave here and I believe that it needs a lot is to leave the app of Microsoft teams as an app UWP in order to meet the ecosystem Windows 10 (Desktop, Mobile, ARM64, Xbox...) and extend the login to the guests in the app, so that they can also access and Interact with the teams.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Chats should have a "pop-up" notification similar to Skype, or incoming Outlook email.

Have a small notification that appears on the screen when someone is chatting with you. If Team is minimized chats get missed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams is great but needs to adopt a one-hotkey-to-rule-them-all paradigm similar to Slack's `cmd+k`

Teams is great but needs to adopt a one-hotkey-to-rule-them-all paradigm similar to Slack's cmd+k. The current setup seems to have context sensitive hotkeys, and I can't always remember which ones to use where. I want to push one shortcut, type [part of] the name of the location I want to get to. It should go there regardless of my current location (can't get from chat to teams this way) and regardless of my destination.

• one key to bring up keyboard navigation

• UI quickly suggests chats, teams, channels, files, etc that have my text in them.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Group conversations

It would be great if you could add websites to a group conversation just like you can in a one on one conversation.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I have Teams open on a monitor that isn't my main monitor and then undock my laptop, I'm unable to access

When I have Teams open on a monitor that isn't my main monitor and then undock my laptop, I'm unable to access the application as it keeps trying to open it on my other monitor which at that time isn't connected making it inaccessible.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. enable addition of photos from my pictures to use as background effects

enable addition of photos from my pictures to use as background effects

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I need reply featture in Desktop mode.

I need reply feature in Desktop mode.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams Group Status sorting

when we are creating are creating a group in the group list there should be a sorting option to sort out team members according to the status so that it becomes easier to check the availability of the team member and according to that we can check the status of team member

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cross team calendar / schedule / Planner

Add a feature about a Cross Team calendar / schedule / planner to coordinate differents team to not overlap activities

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keyboard shortcut to toggle Full Screen in meeting

I would like a shortcut that toggles full screen on and off. The GUI interface to do this is awkward. Full screen is important with someone else is screen-sharing in a meeting, so their screen is not shrunk to an unreadable size.

(On Microsoft's web page it says to use Ctrl-Shift-F, but on my Teams app that is mapped to "open filter" and there is no mapping for full screen.)

I am using Teams 1.3.00.3564 on Windows 10.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. select messages in chat

Please add ability to select messages in chat and for actions with them: Forward, Delete etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please disclose the logic regarding the “Recommend” and “Trend” notification functions.

There are "Recommend" and "Trends" in the notification function.
    However, there is no information about this notification.
    Please disclose the logic of operation.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow pop-out of any window shared from anyone (cameras, desktop shares etc).

We have a hard time as a team trying to stay connected with remote teams in our meetings. When we start a meeting, we see the other team or team members in their individual camera windows. But often, this is 1 or two conference rooms in remote locations. We'd like to be able to pop out a video share from one team, and drag it to another screen (imagine dual TV's in a conference room or dual screens at a desktop) and pop out another screen being shared for DevOps backlog.

We start to feel disconnected from other teams when…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. forwarding to virtual user agent (auto attendant or call queue)

User should be able to set a forwarding to a virtual user (auto attendant / call queue) in the desktop client. Currently these virtual users cannot be found (or entered) in Settings/Calls/Call answering rules in the desktop client.

In the mobile clients (both Android and iOS) the virtual users can however be found and used to forward calls to.

Functionality is required as many organizations, like ours, like calls to be always answered even if the user is not able to or does not timely answer a call, instead of using voicemail.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. screen sharing keyboard layout BUG

Its not really an idea, it is bug (a bug tracker would be a good idea...)

The bug: if you take control over the screen of someone else, and the other person has a different keyboard layout, your keystrokes in teams are interpreted using the keyboard layout of the pc you are controlling.

(try running some powershell commands if you have no idea where any symbols are).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Free the Team list panel

In Teams client, teams list are organize in 2 level (My teams and hidden teams.
    Will really appreciate to organize manually the list of teams in this panel.
    Example :
    - Internal Projects
    - Customer projects
    - Dev

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cannot "Unhide" multiple chats from search results

Once a Chat is hidden, the only way to get it back is to search and then once selected you can "unhide" it. The problem is if that was not the one you wanted, you have to search again, find the one you wanted go through the process again.

You should be able to select multiple chats from the search results so they all show up in your private chats and then you could unhide them all.

Chats should have a "hide" / "unhide" icon directly in the private chat display so you do not need to go into the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add cellular calling option like Skype.

Skype has better call options and phone integration.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integrate Teams (not just meetings) into Outlook

Opening two different clients (Outlook and Teams) for collaboration wastes screen resource. Access to all Teams functions within Outlook would be helpful. An addin that allowed users to collaborate through Teams, Chat, etc all within Outlook would be welcome.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base