Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Immersive Reader --> Reading references (book Symbol) -->Translator --> "Kannada is missing"

Why Kannada language is missing in MS Teams:
    "Immersive Reader --> Reading references (book Symbol) -->Translator --> "Kannada is missing"

What should I do to add Kannada language ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do not show messages or chats on the main screen

Right now, when I have Teams open in one screen, everybody coming to my desk can see my last chats or teams messages, there is not an option to just go to a Dashboard screen or a blank screen where nobody can see my messages or chats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow Sending emojis, gifs and files to external

This works on mobile since its active in both tenants but it does not work in the desktop version but if I start a chat in the desktop version and then open it in the mobile version it then starts a chat where gifs and files can be sent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams view filter

I am a consultant that is visiting multiple clients a week, sometimes a day. I have associates on each site. I usually have 2 SharePoint's set up for each client. One for internal only coordination and one for internal and external (client as members) coordination. When I open Teams App I would like to apply a filter as to which Teams/Groups/Plans are visible so that the client I am visiting can not see on my screen other client information or data. Any thoughts?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. pop out window with active chats all in one place. If not it is hard to even see active conversations with contracts on one tab

pop out window with active chats all in one place. If not it is hard to even see active conversations. Also contacts tab/link don't show active conversations or message waiting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove menus from textbot

YOU CANT SIMPLY COPY A MESSAGE YOU RECIEVE BECAUSE AN OPTIONS MENU (three dots) AND LIKE BUTTON BLOCK IT!!

This is incredibly fristrating, inconvenient and dumb. Formatting should be removed too when you paste things in there or as you copy it or as you receive it. Any mix will do.

Have those options available OUTSIDE the frigging text box itself or remove them or allow me to remove them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Problem with Deleted Messages - Incoming Messages Should Remain Undeleted

Our company is testing Teams with key personnel. Eventually, we would like to deploy it company wide and use Teams as our primary means of official communication. In order for this to happen, we are noticing a flaw in the deletion of messages. We are a company that strives for transparency and rely on written communication to achieve that goal. However, we cannot rely on Teams to overtake Outlook because when a message is deleted, it gets deleted from both sender and recipient. Is Microsoft working on this flaw? We want it where incoming messages are still present in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Is Microsoft Teams support build in UWP app?

My custom need develop a UWP app on VR device. So, need App can exchange information with Microsoft Teams. Or, like IE can build-in app, could you please confirm Microsoft Teams support build in UWP app? Or, other solution?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Full Desktop Version for Chromebooks

Glad to see Teams available to be downloaded on chromebooks, however, the layout has only been adopted from the mobile UI, which doesn't translate well to Chromebooks desktop like experience. Please bring a version optimized for larger screens to the Google Play Store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Better access to hidden group chats

When dealing with 1-to-1 Chats, you have the option to "Hide" them within the UI. When you initiate a chat with a person after it has been hidden, the history is still there.

When dealing with Group Chats, you also have the option to "Hide" the chat within the UI. However, the only way to get back to that Group Chat is to start a new chat, and add all previous chat participants back in, at which point, the group chat history is displayed. If you are unable to recall every participant that was in that Group Chat, there is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams to the next level

Today's Teams (desktop) is usable but not great -- it hasn't unlocked its full potential as an organizational collective intelligence platform. To get there, following features should be offered (to users who need/subscribe):

- WHAT: Multi-window, each supports a different "persona", and one or multiple personas can be tied to the same MS account
    - WHY: allow user switch between identifies. Very useful for consultants/contractors

- WHAT: tabbed view (like a web browser).
    - WHY: by switching between tabs the user can quickly switch between documents, channels, conversation threads, teams... and apps. Everyone is multitasking today. That's why IE also…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. can I use Chrome (chrome.exe --app=https://teams.microsoft.com) instead of Desktop app

Teams Desktop isn't really Teams app; it's just Electron (Chromium?).

In an enterprise environment with roaming profiles, it is impractical; it installs per-user; it updates per-user.

Teams is a PWA.

I can use Chrome directly and get similar results;

chrome.exe --app=https://teams.microsoft.com
    Operationally, this is vastly superior;

no need to install or update Teams app

in an environment with roaming profiles that are deleted at logoff, the computer becomes much more responsive (in the user's perception).
    Chrome is already deployed on all computers and is already self-updating
    If people use Chrome as well, will it "share" the application memory, reducing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Desktop application

Desktop application takes a full window.it should be a small window at the corner and pop up the particular chat when someone pings. In this desktop application, sometimes it's difficult to find the person, who is trying to reaching you. Especially when someone is trying to reach through team chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. bad keyboard layout

Teams using a different keyboard layout then what is set in Windows. It is set to Hungarian 101 and teams works like it were set to "Hungarian". This layout is not even installed and not selectable! There is no other apps that has this problem (not Chrome etc).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Windows app should notify me of new chats/messages even when minimised

Recently the desktop app has not usually notified me of new chats/messages when it is minimised to the system notification area.

When I restore the window it checks for new messages within a few seconds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Calls support in Firefox (Mozilla)

From our perspective it is really instrumental for people to use Firefox and still join our calls. There are some clients of ours who only use Firefox and we cannot force them to go through hops to join calls (like installing Chrome or Teams just to talk to us once). Please add that support! Thank you very much in advance!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. go back to skype for business!! this is a very big step back in time, a total usles product

Go back to skype for business, this product should never have been put in production, it is a big waste of money, can not be used professonel.
    my customers are using skype for business and I can not communicate

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. notification from teams - Who app

Teams is designed to show desktop notification through web app. when using desktop Team clients - Who app the notification is redundant and disturbing while using the chat functionality
    -kannan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include Company in Call History

The call history includes a Name for callers if they are in my contacts list. It would be nice if it showed the Name, Company and the phone number used on the call, as well as the date and time the call took place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Your multifunction tool doesnt let me do multiple functions at once. Sometimes i really need to have a chat open while writing a doc

Let me do multiple tasks in this app at the same time so o don't have to backtrack to my word document after someone sends me a ******* meme in chat or comments xd on my post

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base