Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Windows client greatly increases roaming profile size (Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams)

On Windows, Teams is available as an end user self-install app. The app installs to AppData\Local, so not part of the roaming profile. However, it stores *LOTS* of content in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams.

Our organisation uses roaming profiles and profile size policy; users are beginning to exceed a [very generous!] limit, and Teams is a big cause of this.

Please fix!

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the Mac App

- Can't find it in Mac App Store
    - Weird first run experience (very un-Maclike)
    - Didn't know which monitor it was on (had windows on both)
    - Ignored system level text replacements when trying to log in (I have a shortcut for my fairly long email address)
    - Non-standard UI, and not in a good "I hope this takes off" way
    - Non-standard emojis automatically used when you type keyboard ones (e.g. ;) is turned into a horrible animated winking face that looks like it is leering at me... but it also lets you insert system native ones alongside…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Go native for Desktop

Please, for the love of sweet candy, go native on Desktop platforms.

I'm looking for an alternative for Slack as it uses electron which sucks every last bit of RAM it possibly can before destroying your computer in a sweet sweet fire. After seeing the wonderful performance of Office I was really hoping this would be native!

Please, someone with the development experience and financial backing of Microsoft must be able to accomplish this in your sleep. Surely?

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Edit in Word/Excel - Currently not working

When you have saved an excel/ word file in files section in teams then you click on the file and edit. The edit in word/excel online works but the edit in word/excel does nothing and does not open word/excel to edit the document. Desktop teams version is Microsoft Teams Version 1.0.00.10302 (64-bit). It was last updated on 4/21/17.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remote Support via Microsoft Teams

Skype for Business offers the possibility to support colleagues remote instead of using Teamviewer.

Normal Skype and Teamviewer are our current tools

The remote support via Microsoft Teams would be another excellent reason why my colleagues should install Teams.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. small chat window view (like gmail chat used to allow user chat in small window near bottom-right corner)

It would be nice if ms team can support small chat window view (like gmail chat used to allow user chat in small window near bottom-right corner.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Screen Clipping Inserts

Teams and Skype for Business need to have Screen Clipping as soon as possible. My team and I find this feature so helpful in Zoom.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. resize sidebar

Sidebar is taking too much space. Can this be resizable? Loosing to much space

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Don't include Teams in task switcher when closed

When Teams is running it always appears in my task switcher (ALT+TAB), even after I have closed the window.

Steps:
    1. Open teams and log on.
    2. Make sure your settings are to keep the application running in close.
    3. Close the window. You should no longer see Teams in your taskbar, but you should still see the Teams notification icon in the system tray.
    4. Hold the ALT key and press TAB. Keep the ALT key pressed.

The next window in the task switcher is Teams, even though the window has been closed.

Worse yet - if I release…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to archive Chat Conversations

Please add the ability to archive and/or delete conversation history form the Chat conversations. It's terrible to open a chant while sharing a screen and everyone sees your past chats.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams should not be installed under %userprofile% but %program files% instead

Teams should not be installed under %userprofile% but %program files% instead

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. alert notifications teams

Make alert notifications in "teams" not only in chat.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Expired password login loop

When I change my expired password in AD, and thus Office 365, Teams Desktop app asks me to login again. The app closes, re-opens and I get the same message. Loop. Cannot get to settings through normal method. Had to use the system tray icon to access settings to log out.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Desktop app should use much less system memory.

I installed the desktop app, and it's by far the most memory-hungry program in my system. When I took the screenshot, it was even running in the background. And why are there 4 of them? I'm seriously concerned this will cause performance issues with my computer.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When using the Teams Desktop App, the App should not prompt you to download the Team Desktop App. Seriously, how narcissistic can an App be?

When using the Teams Desktop App, the App should not prompt you to download the Team Desktop App. Seriously, how narcissistic can an App be?

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. print task

Ability to print the task screen would be great

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Organize teams

Not sure if this is out there but I think it would be very beneficial to be able to group teams into folders or groups. This would help our team a ton with organization.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow client to export my chat messages

Individual and group chats absolutely has to have the ability to export it out as a word document or such. For a large business sometimes the context of a chat has to be copied out for various reasons and to not have the ability to do that is simply insane. There needs to be an export option (PDF, DOC ECT.) included in chats. Saving one individual message is not adequte.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable enterprise control for application install

Running a "stateless virtual desktops", has enabled our company of 5,000 staff to operate with 15 desktop support staff, which represents operational efficiency, cost saves, consistent patching and a consistent experience. Teams will not run in this environment because we can't App-V it and it gets installed in local data which is destroyed at logoff. We have a portfolio of 400 unique apps and Teams is the first which will not work and therefore cannot be deployed. Please make this enterprise ready...

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.