Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Mac support

The app takes over OS-wide keyboard shortcuts, and its window management is really inconsistent - especially after an update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. No internet Error while Log in

Getting attached error even if Internet is connected. This is happening for Desktop App.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. One Login and one Desktop/App for all MS Products.

Integrate all MS products under one account. I can explain the idea in steps.
    1) Login in to a UI(which is nothing but my MS page).
    2) This shows all the MS products subscribed by me.
    3) It also suggests/recommends any of the MS products that I can buy and make use of.
    4) Now I need not have separate applications to be installed in my desktop, mobile or any other devices. This "One app for all MS products" should help me to login and open the MS products I need, say it be Teams or Outlook or anything else.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add External Link to Navigation

I would like the ability to add an internet link to the navigation in Teams. My company uses ADP for our payroll. Managers and Supervisors login to approve hours, address missed punches, approve time-off, etc. It would be great if we could add an icon that links to an external website both personally and globally.
    So, where you have the links to Chat, Teams, Meetings, etc. I would like to be able to add the external link there.
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Additional download links for the desktop app.

On the O365 homepage there's a dropdown menu to install the desktop office suite or any additional apps, but Microsoft Teams is no where to be found. The only links available are for running the browser version.

Could we get a download link added to one of the O365 pages (with the rest of the apps) or even a button or menu option inside the browser app itself?

Having some additional links is preferred to the constant prompts received while using the browser version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. alt-[arrows] under "files"

I heavily use alt-leftarrow and alt-rightarrow when navigating links in Windows Explorer and any browser. I would be delighted to see this same functionality while working in the folder structure of teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Switch order for sign-off and exit in taskbar context menu

If you click right on the taskbar icon of Microsoft Teams to open the context menu, you do see "exit" above "sign-off" which is quite confusing. All other Microsoft apps have "exit" at the end of the list, which make much more sense.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Installation - moving Teams to the Application folder

In the final step of setting up the Teams Application there is a window that show the Teams icon with an arrow to the Applications folder icon. A person is able to click on each icon separately to open them, however it is not obvious that the user is intended to drag the Teams icon over onto the Applications folder icon to do the actual transfer.

I recommend that you add basic text such as: click and drag "Teams icon" onto "Applications folder"

Alternatively you could just have the box say "Do you wish to copy "Teams" into your "Application…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams window was frozen

Teams window was frozen had to kill the app. After the restart, no video or audio capabilities. Going to reboot my laptop

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Powershell cmdlets for handling own/specific channel. Checking new posts, modified files, emails....

There is need for fetching files from Teams, like example marketing teams is willing in some shared excel files and those needs to be transferred elsewhere automatically time to time. (this is already possible but it is not well packaged as it could be)

As we can sent the emails to channels(from anywhere), there might come some triggers which require immediate reaction or launch some other workflows, so it would be nice to have own cmdlet for look through new posts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. GitHub Enterprise Connection - Add alerts for Releases

GitHub webooks can push alerts for releases.
    The GitGub Enterprise Connection does not create an alert in a channel for this type of update. This feature would allow technology teams and business partners better insight when a release is created.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. always on top

After the latest update, the desktop app is always on top of all other windows. Is this really by design?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Manage Team Settings

We can no longer manage team settings. It will not hold the selection- Please see pic file uploaded. I tried with an existing team and new team. Help!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Weather app removed, how can I get it back

While trying out the new feature "Include information from an app in a conversation" I enabled the Weather "app" and wasn't able to change the degrees to celsius from fahrenheit. So I clicked remove, thinking I could add it again, but I can't seem to find it again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Help with the glitch that makes it recover constantly

Frustrating having to teams recover over and over.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need to know if the app data is sync'd. I cant tell if it needs to load more messages or

notification in the app to tell whether there are more messages that need to be loaded.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Compartilhamento de tela Teams

Estou utilizando o Microsoft Teams, porém, notei que há uma limitação do mesmo, quanto ao Skype. Não possui a ferramenta de compartilhamento

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I am not getting a desktop icon on my 32-bit system. It gives me Teams_windows_x64.exe to download instead, so it never works. Suggestions?

I am not getting a desktop icon on my 32-bit system. It gives me Teams_windows_x64.exe to download instead, so it never works. Suggestions?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base