Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4,716 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

529 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. don't switch to "away", just because I'm using a different application (i'm still at work!)

The availability status should indicate whether or not someone is available, which means they are available to chat.

So it does not make sense to switch my status to away, just because I'm answering email or do something else on my computer.

1,313 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

191 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this is officially completed! For the specific issue of status changing to away in Teams when you are still active on the device, there was still a small % of users who saw the broken behavior, but as of today, all should be working correctly. Please note this was a backend fix, so no client update is needed.

If you believe you are still having an issue, please feel free to capture logs by typing Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 1, and send the file from your downloads folder along with detailed repro steps to teamsml@microsoft.com.

Thanks everyone – and enjoy!

3. Add "What's happening today?" Status

Skype for Business has a "What's happening today?" custom status under their name which users can write custom messages such as "Teleworking" or "At Lunch". Teams should have this also.

463 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow us to modify the settings to stay "Available" when we are idle.

In Skype you were able to stay "Available" for either set amount of time or even permanently when you were idle and working on other things. I have people asking me if I'm available now because after a few minutes my status goes to "Away" if I'm not actively moving around in my Teams Window.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

You can now set your status as Away. Just click your face in the lower left corner of the app and in the fly out menu, choose your status next to your photo.

If you like this feature, please tweet us a shout out with the hashtag #MicrosoftTeams. You can also find me at @skprufo.

Happy Friday!
    Suphatra

5. change status automatically to busy when in a meeting

after all it does that when i am on a call ...

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show Status Indicator on Taskbar

I keep forgetting to change my status back to active after being away. I don't always leave the Teams window open and there's no status indicator in the Windows Taskbar to catch my eye and remind me to change my status back to available. Skype has an indicator on the taskbar, so it's much easier to remember to change your status back.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

This has completed and is gradually rolling out!

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base