Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share desktop and camera at the same time

So that the meeting room can present the desktop screen sharing as well as the video feed of the people in the room. This is probably similar to: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38860147-allow-pop-out-of-any-window-shared-from-anyone-ca

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. problem with teams status

hello there, i have a question in regards to MS teams, why is my status always in red / busy? even though there are no meetings going on in my calendar, Is there an option to edit settings so that i am in control of the status?

i would like a feature for being in control, like skype for business had.

for example

• sync my status with outlook CHECK OR NOT

• set away status after XX minutes CHECK OR NOT

shouldn't be that hard no?

thanks,
    Gabrio

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Status

Teams shows in default as away after 3 minutes of idle time. It should be given access to the user to set his own time.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Block a Team member just how we do in Skype

Currently I do not see an option to block a contact in Teams. This is a feature available in Skype. Can you please incorporate this feature.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. チーム内のチャネル毎に別の権限がかけられない

チーム内のチャネル毎に別の権限がかけられない
    チャネルを担当毎に分けても権限がかけられないため、通知など担当外にも送信されてしまうため、
    チャネル毎に照会権限者、投稿権限者の権限設定を細かくしたい。

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tags = first name, last name

Simply, when you tag people, it should be first name then last name. You call people by their first name right? Hey “Bill” can you help me out? Not - hey Gates, Bill can you help me out?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom away message... Like Skype.

Skype has an option to "set your location". A similar option in MS Teams would be a great boon.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Out of office and available status at the same time

In Skype for business when someone comes online while being out of office you can see that they are online (large green dot and small purple one). In Teams you can only see the out of office status with no apparent way to tell if they are online or offline.

I think you should fix this so that the out of office is a bit separate from online/offline status as OoO could just mean you are working from home. If this is intentional I think it should be solved in a different way by adding the concept of invisible status…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let Group Owner View Member Login Activity

As a group owner, I'd like to be able to see member login analytics including the last date/time that a member logged in.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams status options

It's really bothering me that the status is becoming very inconvenient. I think it was working fine before, maybe Teams is updated recently. Now, when I'm not actively in Teams for a while but using other applications on my laptop, Teams will show my status as away or even offline for many times. The status option needs to customize options.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Override System Status Setting: Remove Automatic Idle Mode

Now that I work from home the majority of my time I'm available but if I step away for a bit to attend some other things it goes to Idle mode to quickly. I like to be available all day unless I have a meeting of course then it can change to busy in a meeting. Otherwise, why does it change to Away when I'm still available? I like how Skype for Business has the option to set your presence regardless of what the system settings are and we can adjust the time to change our presence if we want.…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show presence when adding people to an existing call

When adding additional users to an existing call, it would be extremely useful to see their presence status. Right now I have to go to "Chat" and search for the person to see their status before calling them. It would be very helpful to be able to see someone is away or busy right from the add participants interface.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Presence in Outlook

Currently presence does not work in Outlook without the Skype client installed, please resolve that issue

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display only active contacts

In skype we had the option to display only active contacts, folks not online would not appear in the contact lit.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like you to add a timer to the "be right back" status so it goes back to available automatically. I always forget to put back.

I would like you to add a timer to the "be right back" status so it goes back to available automatically. I always forget to put back. A timer option for 5, 10 or 15 minutes or let us put in our own time limit. If it is already there, not sure where it is.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Statuses - highlight the difference between "Appear away" and "Be right back"

As I understand it, "Appear away" should be used when you want people to just think you're not at your computer and "Be right back" is a more definitive 'I've nipped out, you won't get a reply for a while'. In Outlook, the contact card shows if you've selected "Be right back" with those words. However, in Teams you just see the icon which is the same as "Away" / "Appear away" so colleagues don't know which it is. Please could you make this clear like on the Outlook contact card.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Presence for Contacts in Teams mobile app

I would like to ask to improve the presence functionality of Teams mobile app that each user’s availability would be correctly updated in real time with Contacts.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be Right Back turns off automatically when it detects mouse or keyboard activity.

In Skype for Business, there is a useful feature where your status will go back to available from 'Be Right Back', when the mouse or keyboard is used again. This would be useful in Teams.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tags = first name, last name

Simply, when you tag people, it should be first name then last name. You call people by their first name right? Hey “Bill” can you help me out? Not - hey Gates, Bill can you help me out?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display user info on hovering over profile picture

Display user info on hovering over profile picture at the top of Teams like it is done when hovering in chat over profile picture. Then you can finally see the user login name of the currently logged in user with hovering over the profile picture. Should be easy to implement.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base