Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. User’s display name in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ユーザーの表示名について

User’s display name in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在 Teams を多く利用しております。
    最新表示にそれぞれのユーザーの情報がユーザーの名前で表示されるため便利に確認しております。
    しかし日本語環境だと、名前のみで表示されているユーザーが多数おります。
    連絡先の項目内 ”表示名” に空白が入ると空白以降の表示となる動作は理解しておりますが、日本語環境だと、一般的に性の後に空白を入れ名前を入力する事が多いかと存じます。
    現在は Microsoft 365 管理センターにて変更をする事で表示を見やすいよう検討しておりますが、ユーザーが多数いて工数もかなりのものになるため、機能の拡張を要望します。

When users set the language setting to “Japanese” in Microsoft Teams, some of Japanese users are displayed with only their first names in the user information. The reason of this is in Japanese, most people put space between surname and first name, and if the space is included in “Display name” field in contact information, letters entered before the space won’t be shown in the Display name.
    If we want to fix the display name, we…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improvements NEEDED for "Contacts"

For the "Contacts" in the "Chat" tab. Have ability like S4B to add Distribution groups. Also have ability to start a group chat from these groups, same as S4B. You don't always need a "Team" room for a quick group chat.
    Also need ability to move and sort these groups manually. Currently no way to sort manually, it does it automatic alphabetically.
    Every time you leave the "Contacts" in "Chat" and return all the groups are expanded. These should not auto expand, they should stay minimized until the user expands them manually when needed.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Organize Contacts

Need basic features from Skype for business to organize contacts by who’s online and who isn’t

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams should allow to track timesheets for team members

Teams should allow to track timesheets for team members as well. Then Teams is going to one stop shop for the team and TPMs. Of Course, we can integrate with VSTS. VSTS does not have option either to enter the timesheets.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide an option within Settings to permanently collapse or hide the 'Suggested Contacts'. It is not useful.

Offer the user an option to permanently collapse or hide the 'Suggested Contacts' that are constantly in an expanded view and must be collapsed with every login to Teams.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full contact details and add to Outlook optiona

Teams/Skype is often used as company phone/contact directory. Compare to Skype Teams provide less contact details and missing option Add contact to Outlook.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Status

It seems my status is always available when I have the app active on my smartphone. I’d like to be able to control this

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Go offline without logging out

I want to be able to set both the desktop and mobile apps to show me as offline but don’t leave me in a state where in need to fully authenticate again. I don’t want people to think I’m avIlable for chat if I’m actually off work. At least S4B remembered my credentials when I signed out go offline; Teams requires several steps to re-login with the same creds I used last time.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sort Teams members by joining date

In Members interface, add a sortable "Join date" column.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove "status unknown" or add time like with away or offline

Sometimes status is shown as status unknown instead of offline, not sure exactly what it means but judging from what I've seen it could just mean the user is offline.

Ideally I think this status should be removed since either Teams has contact with the user and can determine the status or contact can not be established and then the user is offline (a status which you have).

If it for some reason can not be removed then I think you should at least change it so that you can see time since last activity. The same way as with…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Syncronize exchange and teams so that calendars sync to the user's status

Can we get the ability to see a calendar item title on smeone's status as well as marking them busy if they have an item in their outlook calendar? Cisco Jabber does this.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow setting idle time to avoid constantly appearing "Away"

Now that we are working from home, we need to appear as available all time, or at least for more time that 3 minutes even when you are not actively using the computer.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams presence includes when i'm on my mobile

It would be great if Teams recognised when I'm on my mobile phone and set my press busy on a call

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Associate user presence in other application using Teams client

The following article says that, to show presence in other applications, Skype for Business must be installed. But I don’t want to use Skype for Business, so it would be great if you can improve this behavior to use Teams for user presence association with other applications.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/presence-admins

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. External user profile information & edit

Ability to edit External User's information in Teams (in team members, for example): Name (if error was made during invite), Title, Company, Mobile number should be possible. If not in Teams UI then external user AAD information should be editable (or reflect information from the source AAD).

Or: External user should be able to change these in Teams profile per guest-tenant (settings)

Currenly changing external information in AAD does not show in Teams and there is no information about guest user.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show status message in chat window

I 'm setting "status message" (show attach file).
    But it can only see in user profile.

So I hope it see in chat window or other place.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype for Business Functionality missing in Teams

As a consultant I am constantly interacting with people in other organisations, especially video calls with screen sharing. Recent auto upgrade to Teams from Skype for Business has reduced my functionality not increased it.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. contact card cuts off text but doesn't show on hover

Looking for some info in a co-workers contact card (hover on their name), the info I need (cubicle location) is cutoff (has an elipses), but hovering over it and selecting it don't work and there is no scroll.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Users deleted from O365, but seen in Teams

Users deleted from O365 on November 13, 2018 will be viewed on Teams today, November 22, 2018.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dismiss other user's out of office status in a team

When I go to a team channel or a group message and one or more participants is out of office, I am notified every time. Even if I acknowledge the message, it just comes back. I realize that a single person is not going to receive the message, but it's still relevant to the other 30 people on the team. If I dismiss someone's OOO message in Teams, it should stick, I shouldn't have to dismiss it every time I try to send a message to the rest of the group.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base