Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Override System Status Setting: Remove Automatic Idle Mode

Now that I work from home the majority of my time I'm available but if I step away for a bit to attend some other things it goes to Idle mode to quickly. I like to be available all day unless I have a meeting of course then it can change to busy in a meeting. Otherwise, why does it change to Away when I'm still available? I like how Skype for Business has the option to set your presence regardless of what the system settings are and we can adjust the time to change our presence if we want.…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Status

Give the user the capability to define their own custom status text with a list of icons they can pick from to display with it.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. ''Get-CsUserSession'' Powershell command

Add the support for getting a full list of session details via the "Get-CsUserSession" Powershell command like it is currently available for "Skype for Business Online".

Thank you in advance!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customize the order of my contact groups

Hi, I want to customize the order of my contact groups. Favourites are always at the top, but I want another group at the top.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New status "In Meeting"

Teams is used by many organisation. A new status "In Meeting" will be very beneficial, if someone is going to attend the meeting.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Statuses - highlight the difference between "Appear away" and "Be right back"

As I understand it, "Appear away" should be used when you want people to just think you're not at your computer and "Be right back" is a more definitive 'I've nipped out, you won't get a reply for a while'. In Outlook, the contact card shows if you've selected "Be right back" with those words. However, in Teams you just see the icon which is the same as "Away" / "Appear away" so colleagues don't know which it is. Please could you make this clear like on the Outlook contact card.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customizable statuses (like Jabber)

Customizable statuses (like Jabber)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability not to show Disabled/Blocked users

Presently users of "Blocked", "Unlicensed" and even Shared Mailboxes all show up in the search / can try to converse with them. Can these be filtered out / a setting to remove them from the teams search?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hide latest message from Chat sidebar

When scanning down the Chat sidebar looking for a person's name I find the most recent message text and time to be distracting noise. It would be much easier to find the person I'm looking for if those details weren't shown (personally, if I wanted to see that information I'd click on the user's name).

An option to hide this extra info, so that just the names and avatars are shown, would make the UI much clearer.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Put Presence Text on Contact Popup

Presence (text) doesn't appear anywhere except on mouseover for a split second before the contact card pops up.

This needs to be addressed even without having other presence enhancements because until some of the other problems are fixed, most orgs using Teams will still rely on Teams PLUS their other corporate collaboration tool, and have to juggle what "yellow" means. Once better Presence/Status options are in place, this is a no-brainer.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams status options

It's really bothering me that the status is becoming very inconvenient. I think it was working fine before, maybe Teams is updated recently. Now, when I'm not actively in Teams for a while but using other applications on my laptop, Teams will show my status as away or even offline for many times. The status option needs to customize options.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Filter the Contacts list by status

As a team member, I would like the ability to filter the Teams contacts list by status so that I can see only those team members who are presently listed as "Available" for immediate consultations.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. draw participant

Select a random name among meeting participants.

This functionality will have a social character, facilitating the execution of events during meetings

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams user availability status does not show up in outlook.

Skype was linked with Outlook to show Skype user status of everyone in an email. With Skype not signed in,outlook does not shows user status from MS Teams. One has to go manually in MS Teams and search for the persons in email to know their availability status. This feature of skype should be helpful to have in teams also.
    I have attached 2 screenshots - 1. Showing User availability when Skype was signed in and 2. Showing User availability blanked out when Skype was logged out but Teams was signed in.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide an option within Settings to permanently collapse or hide the 'Suggested Contacts'. It is not useful.

Offer the user an option to permanently collapse or hide the 'Suggested Contacts' that are constantly in an expanded view and must be collapsed with every login to Teams.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow all users to be able to see who has seen a post @ the bottom of the recent message

Allow all users to be able to see who has seen a post @ the bottom of the recent message

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Presence bubbles don't appear next to the name in the To, CC, and BCC fields

The outlook status is sync with Teams status, however presence bubbles don't appear next to the name in the To, CC, and BCC fields on Outlook. The presence bubbles did appear in the past but after an update this option was removed. Is it possible to bring it back? Thank you

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Last Seen - Optional

There should be a privacy setting that allows masking of "last seen" to viewers.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show presence when adding people to an existing call

When adding additional users to an existing call, it would be extremely useful to see their presence status. Right now I have to go to "Chat" and search for the person to see their status before calling them. It would be very helpful to be able to see someone is away or busy right from the add participants interface.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Background/foreground

Hi
    Now that we can get a nice background - I would really appreciate getting filters for foreground, ie myself, like snapchat filters, and preferably selection of clothing, hair, make up, different styles etc!

Thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base