Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort Teams members by joining date

In Members interface, add a sortable "Join date" column.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let Group Owner View Member Login Activity

As a group owner, I'd like to be able to see member login analytics including the last date/time that a member logged in.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Syncronize exchange and teams so that calendars sync to the user's status

Can we get the ability to see a calendar item title on smeone's status as well as marking them busy if they have an item in their outlook calendar? Cisco Jabber does this.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. More focus on external contacts

Overall the Teams approach seems to be focused on collaboration with internal or company peers. For people who spend more than 50% of their time working externally the overall usability of teams features seems like this isn't a priority scenario.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams should allow to track timesheets for team members

Teams should allow to track timesheets for team members as well. Then Teams is going to one stop shop for the team and TPMs. Of Course, we can integrate with VSTS. VSTS does not have option either to enter the timesheets.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ''Get-CsUserSession'' Powershell command

Add the support for getting a full list of session details via the "Get-CsUserSession" Powershell command like it is currently available for "Skype for Business Online".

Thank you in advance!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom away message... Like Skype.

Skype has an option to "set your location". A similar option in MS Teams would be a great boon.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customize the order of my contact groups

Hi, I want to customize the order of my contact groups. Favourites are always at the top, but I want another group at the top.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New status "In Meeting"

Teams is used by many organisation. A new status "In Meeting" will be very beneficial, if someone is going to attend the meeting.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notify when session has expired and I need to log in again

Often I will open Teams from the notification area only to discover my session has expired and I need to log in again. I never know how long I was signed out and unable to receive messages.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. delay messages for "busy" contacts

The contacts that have set their presence as "busy" or DND should not get notified/disturbed by the messages. If someone tries to send messages to a busy contact, MS Teams should ask if the message is really critical, with options "urgent, send now", "automatically send later when the contact is available", "dont send".
    Its such a basic feature, it ought to be there

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Disable the presence association between Teams and Outlook

It would be nice to have a setting that disable the presence association between Teams and Outlook.
    We are also using Skype for Business in our environment and we can disable the association by setting Teams upgrade policy. However, if we do so, Skype for Business becomes main app and we cannot use Teams. So, we would like to disable the linkage.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. User’s display name in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ユーザーの表示名について

User’s display name in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在 Teams を多く利用しております。
    最新表示にそれぞれのユーザーの情報がユーザーの名前で表示されるため便利に確認しております。
    しかし日本語環境だと、名前のみで表示されているユーザーが多数おります。
    連絡先の項目内 ”表示名” に空白が入ると空白以降の表示となる動作は理解しておりますが、日本語環境だと、一般的に性の後に空白を入れ名前を入力する事が多いかと存じます。
    現在は Microsoft 365 管理センターにて変更をする事で表示を見やすいよう検討しておりますが、ユーザーが多数いて工数もかなりのものになるため、機能の拡張を要望します。

When users set the language setting to “Japanese” in Microsoft Teams, some of Japanese users are displayed with only their first names in the user information. The reason of this is in Japanese, most people put space between surname and first name, and if the space is included in “Display name” field in contact information, letters entered before the space won’t be shown in the Display name.
    If we want to fix the display name, we…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to add groups within groups under contacts.

Many times we have different departments within our company that could be saved as a group under contacts. However my contacts in one group could have vastly different work. Person X in Group1 could be much better to ask about Product Z than person Y might be.

If I could add a group within another group me and my colleagues could avoid fracturing our contact list so massively and make it way more effective. The main group could be named "Department 1" and the subgroup within the main group could be "Product Z"

This is not possible today and it…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link contact groups from Outlook to Teams

Ensure that contact groups that have been created in Outlook are visible / can be used in Teams. Now I have to re-create certain groups in teams and instead would just like to copy from Outlook

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Team address books (and company-wide address book)

The lifeblood of Microsoft teams is the people that that make up those teams and generate the content within teams. As of now, there is now basic way of listing who those people are within teams.

It would be really great if each team had it's own "people" tab where it would be an address book of all the people who make up that team. Without it, how does a general user even know with whom they are speaking?

Furthermore, it would be good to have the option for a company-wide "people" tab in the left menu, which would function…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Contacts

There needs to be better management for viewing contacts in the chat section. It's really frustrating that even though I have placed different contacts into groups and then I collapse those groups that when I navigate away from the chat section and then come back that all of my groups get automatically expanded.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. External user profile information & edit

Ability to edit External User's information in Teams (in team members, for example): Name (if error was made during invite), Title, Company, Mobile number should be possible. If not in Teams UI then external user AAD information should be editable (or reflect information from the source AAD).

Or: External user should be able to change these in Teams profile per guest-tenant (settings)

Currenly changing external information in AAD does not show in Teams and there is no information about guest user.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sync "Teams Status" with "GitHub Status"

I just spotted the new feature to add a custom status message to Microsoft Teams. GitHub introduced a similar feature recently. As a customer using both products it would be nice if you could sync those two statuses. Thus, users could manage their status at the preferred app and see other users’ statuses in both environments.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Organize Contacts

Need basic features from Skype for business to organize contacts by who’s online and who isn’t

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base