Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide offline contacts

I miss the functionality of Skype where you can hide all contacts that are not online. The skype groups are much cleaner and consists only of my online contacts. The rest are either away or offline. This function is a must in Teams or else the groups will be cluttered with all the different statuses mixed. You can't get a good overview.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. attendance roll call

The Microsoft Teams has the list of my students. How can I use Microsoft Teams to take attendance?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. User Staus / Presence Information in Outlook

So, I am coming at this from a different angle then most. We are a former IBM Notes / Domino shop and we are migrating to Office 365. We currently use Lotus Sametime, which integrates remarkably well with Notes. Specifically in the folders and views of the user's mail. An example would be that when glancing at the Inbox, you can see right there what the status is of the person who sent you e-mail because the presence information for that user is displayed as an icon next to their name.

So what I am proposing is that Teams and…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Associate user presence in other application using Teams client

The following article says that, to show presence in other applications, Skype for Business must be installed. But I don’t want to use Skype for Business, so it would be great if you can improve this behavior to use Teams for user presence association with other applications.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/presence-admins

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Next Available Time In People Hover Card

Soon we will be able to see real-time presence in Teams but as chat becomes more and more the primary tool to contact people it would be nice when you hover over the persons name you can get the real-time presence and next available time as well. The information is already available to Teams (Scheduling Assistant) so adding it in the hover card would not be that difficult (says the non-coder). Thanks!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. adding external contacts easily

adding external contacts easily

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow External Federated Users to be added to Contact List

Require the ability to add external federated contacts to the Contacts list under the Chat section of Teams.

At the moment, it is only possible to add internal users or guest accounts.

Key requirement for allowing communication with federated partners as is available with Skype for Business.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add greenscreen background

Add a feature to allow users to upload an image or animated gif to appear as a background behind their camera image. Using similar AI to the background blur effect, allow users to appear in front of a virtual background. This would be a fun feature that would drive engagement as well as allowing branding of corporate calls. Also, I want to appear with flames, dinosaurs and asteroids behind me to liven up conference calls.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show status message in chat window

I 'm setting "status message" (show attach file).
    But it can only see in user profile.

So I hope it see in chat window or other place.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Out of office and available status at the same time

In Skype for business when someone comes online while being out of office you can see that they are online (large green dot and small purple one). In Teams you can only see the out of office status with no apparent way to tell if they are online or offline.

I think you should fix this so that the out of office is a bit separate from online/offline status as OoO could just mean you are working from home. If this is intentional I think it should be solved in a different way by adding the concept of invisible status…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Presence for Contacts in Teams mobile app

I would like to ask to improve the presence functionality of Teams mobile app that each user’s availability would be correctly updated in real time with Contacts.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improvements NEEDED for "Contacts"

For the "Contacts" in the "Chat" tab. Have ability like S4B to add Distribution groups. Also have ability to start a group chat from these groups, same as S4B. You don't always need a "Team" room for a quick group chat.
    Also need ability to move and sort these groups manually. Currently no way to sort manually, it does it automatic alphabetically.
    Every time you leave the "Contacts" in "Chat" and return all the groups are expanded. These should not auto expand, they should stay minimized until the user expands them manually when needed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. チーム内のチャネル毎に別の権限がかけられない

チーム内のチャネル毎に別の権限がかけられない
    チャネルを担当毎に分けても権限がかけられないため、通知など担当外にも送信されてしまうため、
    チャネル毎に照会権限者、投稿権限者の権限設定を細かくしたい。

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide an option within Settings to permanently collapse or hide the 'Suggested Contacts'. It is not useful.

Offer the user an option to permanently collapse or hide the 'Suggested Contacts' that are constantly in an expanded view and must be collapsed with every login to Teams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Button for scheduling a meeting from a contact card

Just as with Skype for Business, when you hover or right click a contact in Chat, you have a "Schedule a Meeting" option. In Teams, this is not replicated. You have to go to meetings to schedule with that person whose contact card you were just looking at.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Custom away message... Like Skype.

Skype has an option to "set your location". A similar option in MS Teams would be a great boon.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. better status in chat

At the top of the chat window where it says the name, it doesn't clearly display information about what they are doing. It would be nice to have a status, next meeting @, location

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. search by title

Ability to search for people within teams by Title as well as Name. This was possible is Skype.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Status

It seems my status is always available when I have the app active on my smartphone. I’d like to be able to control this

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hide latest message from Chat sidebar

When scanning down the Chat sidebar looking for a person's name I find the most recent message text and time to be distracting noise. It would be much easier to find the person I'm looking for if those details weren't shown (personally, if I wanted to see that information I'd click on the user's name).

An option to hide this extra info, so that just the names and avatars are shown, would make the UI much clearer.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base