Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Presence Time Stamp

As Skype for Business had, it would be great to have a Time Stamp when a person's status is offline or set to 'Away'. For example, Skype for business used to show the number of hours or days, however, Teams just says 'Yesterday', or 'Offline'.

This would allow better monitoring of staff working hours as if they are working late. Currently you are unable to work out what time they were working until as teams presence just shows 'Yesterday'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Presence Status Check as like on Skype (Available, Busy or Away)

As like Skype, can we have those small round dots which indicates whether the person is available, busy or away. It really helps alot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We need to be able to have a list of groups or persons (favoutites) with their status/presense

We need to be able to have a list of groups or persons (favourites) with their status/presence like in Skype. It's essential in these Corona times where we work more from home and need to see if people are available for a quick word.

I would suggest this could be optional sidebar on the right in Teams with the option to pop it out and have it like a separate window like with Skype (and a small font to be able to see many people at once). Upon restart the popped-out window should ofc pop out automatically or make that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. the windows where Teams is displayed is too big

I like Teams but having half of the screen used by teams i do not liked. also I do not liked when i am in a meeting and somebody else send me a chat message. I have no idea who send it because is not available chats other than the ones in the conference.

So my suggestion is to use pop ups chats or video meetings and keeping as a base all the contacts visible like a main layer.

Regards
    Juan Pablo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keep only 1 or 2 Teams tabs open not 3

Omit in new conference version of teams the fact that three tabs have to be open when you minimize teams and the new pop-out feature for conference calls. There should only be one or two tabs (personally I want one) open for Teams. No need for three tabs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Presence indicator shape and colors for daltonian people

All icons in Presence indicator in TEAMS are round which make them difficult to read especially for daltonian people like me! When yellow green and red look close to the same is doesn't help. Bigger shape, and other form shape like triangle, losange, square and octagonal will be easier to see. Also the definition could be visible when passing on with the mouse.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Timer based status change or logout from app

Is it possible to have a timer based automatic login and signout for the mobile app? The 'available' status is on all day and night 24x7

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove the status: Do not Disturb. Replace it with Occupied or Single threading. I am not disturbed when contacted

The term Disturbed means: 1. having had its normal pattern or function disrupted or 2. suffering or resulting from emotional and mental problems or 3. both combined. A professional, under normal circumstances, should never reach this level. Perhaps in England, 1700 or 1800 Disturbed had a more docile meaning, the equivalent to distracted today. 2020, Disturbed has acquired a negative connotation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Laat de gebruiker zelf kiezen na hoeveel tijd hij/zij als afwezig weergegeven wordt.

Ik word vrij snel als afwezig weergegeven wanneer ik even niet aan de computer actief ben. Ik ben op dat moment wel nog beschikbaar, maar werk bijvoorbeeld aan documenten, maak tussendoor een praatje met een collega,... Ik zou graag zelf kiezen om langer beschikbaar te staan zodat mijn collega’s zien dat ze mij wel kunnen opbellen...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change the name of MS Teams to almost anything else

I don't know if you guys were on drugs when you named this app but i can't describe the frustration when i'm having a discussion with colleagues about their teams but not their MS teams and then creating other teams but is this real life or their actual physical team etc. this is daily. Just idiotic. just causes unnecessary confusion

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Using the Teams phone app and the Windows installed app

I would like to leave Teams running on my work PC all the time. I am fine with the way it handles status automatically: when I'm typing/mousing, it says I'm available. And when I lock my computer, it switches to Away.

That's all good.

But I would also like to have the Teams app on my phone. I'd like having/using that app to never make me available. In other words, if I decide to open it on my phone at 11 PM to check messages, I'd like to continue appearing Away. But when I come back to my work laptop…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Better marketing and name recognition

Our university is using Teams more and more, but it still remains awkward to invite or request communication via the app. "Chat" is too generic, as are "Calls." For example, if I am requesting a meeting with someone, I can offer Zoom (which is recognizable and obvious as to what I'm asking) or <awkwardly fumbles for easy description> 'Microsoft Teams video call.' It's way too much and doesn't flow. I request you rename the features to something more catchy and exclusive, or start advertising a way to phrase it that will become common knowledge (maybe TeamsChat or something better). Also,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. STUPID *** APP

Make Microsft Teams better by ***FUCKING DELETING IT***. TEACHERS ARE SITTING ON OUR SHOULDERS AND MAKING US DO WORK.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Want block the participants after the schedule time.

We don't want to allow participants after particular time as per schedule to avoid disturbance to others.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. how to get signatures of all attendees?

please provide a panel or page for e-signatures in real time of all the attendees as may be required in any official meeting which may be later on audited by regulatory bodies to ensure that all of the people enlisted really attended the meeting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have presence detection consider multi desktop

Have the auto presence detection consider if the windows desktop Teams is on it the current desktop.

As more people are working at home, and using Teams they are using personal PCs. For me, I separate my work activities and personal stuff using the Windows 10 multiple desktop feature. I have a desktop for work stuff, where I run Teams logged into my Work account. When my work day ends, and I move over to my "personal" desktop I would like teams to detect that and set my status as aways (just as it does when the PC is idle).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better visibility of user status

At the moment it is possible to see if person is in the call or in a meeting only when hover over the name for mini-contact card. In Skype4B for example, it was shown under a user name, you can even differentiate if this a call or conference call, which I cannot see in MS teams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base