Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. name

Allow me to customize my name, overwriting AD format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide message from one person

Sometimes you want to make a surprise to someone and ask the whole company to contribute to it. I could create a Team or a Private Chat and add people manually one by one.

Wouldn't it be cool if could just exclude that one person (or perhaps multiple)? Perhaps through a channel?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I was looking for a way to find online status of our employees. We use this for the receptionist to see who is available for calls / questi

We used Skype for our receptionist(s) convenience.
    We look at who is online at their desk - who is marked away (lunch, breaks and so on. I am not sure this product is what we need to use it for. We keep all of our co-workers on a visible contact list it shows their on line status. That way we don't have to chase around the office trying to find someone. Any suggestions

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Directory Lookup must have same behavior as Skype

Today when you search for one person on search bar at TEAMS, it's looking for messages.
    If the user is already known user , TEAMS shows correctly. If not, we need click persons tab to get person we are looking for.

On Skype, we get all users from Global Directory and we can see all users corresponding the lookup and immediately the presence of these persons is available.

On Teams, serach is complicate and presence information is also complicate to get as we need to click on the person and then we can get presence information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a "Buddy List"

Many/most of the chat clients I have used over the years have the option to add people to a personalized "buddy list" (it has different names, but pretty much the same functionality). This is NOT the same as a Team. These are people you want to have frequent conversations with, but may not work on the same things you do on a regular basis. For instance, the administrative assistant is not going to be on the Team for various projects, but we still need to get in touch with her frequently.

Someone mentioned to me that you might be able…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to tag (@) people in channel chat by their Skill/Expertise or project from Delve Profile

When we collaborate and troubleshoot ideas in my organization, we would like to bring in or tag specific people to the chat based on their skills/expertise or project knowledge. It would be very helpful to be able tag experts/SMEs, for instance if we need mySQL expert, we could use tag @SQL and all the users with SQL expertise in Delve would get notified to join the discussion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 'Join' group option?

Is there a feature that enables non-members to just view a 'Team' and not its content till they become a member, and also have an option to click on 'Join' the team.. I dont see this option as of now on MS Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In team chat 10 persons , only 4 persons are in the screen. How to bring all the 10 persons ? Any solution .

How to bring all the participants in the screen if there are more than 10

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to be able to filter a channel by a certain user

I would like to be able to filter a channel by a certain user. When looking for specific posts such as out of office messages it would be very handy to be able to filter by the people in the group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Not Available options

It would be nice to have options other than Busy, DND & Away. Be nice to create your own, or at least add Lunch, Finished for Day etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bring contacts to right side of the app

Teams has all contacts on the left side. I would like to have my contacts on the right hand side. Would be great if this can by made adjustable. I always had my Skypewindow at the right and this would improve the adoption for users going with Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New status "In Meeting"

Teams is used by many organisation. A new status "In Meeting" will be very beneficial, if someone is going to attend the meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be nice to be able to edit the image for individual Teams - so we could embed a jpeg or similar

Let us replace the 2 character Block associated with individual teams and replace with an image or Avatar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Right now, the status has no value as people do not change it often. It's frustrating because it doesn't provide real information!

It also gives you a negative impression of those who are always away or busy, even if subconsciously. I think you have the potential to make something so significantly better with this small change! Perhaps a timer for away status based on movement/keystrokes, or synced to calendar appointments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Link from user card to that user's entry in Office 365 admin

As an Office 365 Admin, I just realised it would be incredibly helpful to go from /who "who is joe bloggs" and then go straight to his user entry in Office 365 Admin so I could look someone up, find out who he works for, then skip over to alter his account, licences, etc. It's probably a pretty niche request but it would be quite cool to be able to do it. Especially if you're in the org chart view and you are spotting things that need to be changed, you could just open them right up and change the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Customize Availablity

I would like the ability to change my availability to a custom message. We have people who are working but in a different location or offsite. This ability would allow people to better recognize "how" available someone is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Log out and all Teams does is log in again ... WTF???

So, I figure out a way to "log out" and all Teams wants to do is present a login dialog! WTF? When I leave, I want to leave! Is this some setting/behavior that employers want? Who knows? Back when we used Skype for Business, when I logged out - that was it. But Teams seems eerily 'sticky' and to keep me 'connected' in spite of MY preferences and my personal time. While you are at it - when I am 'Away' you should suppress messages and report to the originator that I am in fact 'Away'. But I guess none…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)