Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable screen sharing without audio/video call

Enable an option to start a screen sharing session without starting a an audio.video call. This is a common use case in our organization.

5,478 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

415 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

UPDATE: I have confirmed with the feature team that this is, in fact, functioning as you expect – you can share your entire desktop or a specific window directly from a private chat session, without starting audio or video. The mute microphone button is enabled so you are able to easily add audio by “unmuting”, but we realize this is causing confusion. We are working on further experience improvements.

Please feel free to respond to teamsml@microsoft.com if you are still seeing issues.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. Complete Skype for Business Integration into Teams

Honestly, this is a tall order due to the fact that Teams was not launched this way in the first place, but my real world experience, and feedback from the field, is that having Skype-for-Business-like functions in Teams (chat/Presence/etc) be separate from Skype for Business itself is not only confusing for many users, but inhibits adoption. Users want to consolidate the number of apps they use, not increase it. I personally find this to be true.

Teams is an incredible tool with so much potential, but living and breathing in Skype for Business, like so many of us do, Teams…

4,501 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

This topic will be closed out as completed since the vast majority of the S4B convergence has already released to the public.

If you have any specific requests, please open a new topic or vote for an existing topic that more specifically targets your wish.

The team is aware of the issue of using Teams will force you from using S4B.
    I’ve opened a topic specifically for that based on the feedback below – vote for support of this request at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/35124451

As for notification issues and being able to view multiple conversations, there are topics for allowing different types of notifications – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16925461 and a topic for multi-window for chats and more – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16926739
    The ability to send audio or video messages can be voted for at – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/32372014

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions.
    -Warren

3. screenshare without audio

In Skype for Business it's possible to share your screen without using the audio feature. This is important for us, because we use a different conf bridge. Using Skype/Teams audio in that scenario just gets in the way (echo, unwanted audio through PC, etc).

Bottom line, it would be nice to be able to share your screen in Teams without using the voice/audio feature.

619 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have confirmed with the feature team that this is, in fact, functioning as you expect today – you can share your entire desktop or a specific window directly from a private chat session, without starting audio or video. The mute microphone button is enabled so you are able to easily add audio by “unmuting”, but we realize this is causing confusion. We are working on further experience improvements.

Please feel free to respond to teamsml@microsoft.com if you are still seeing issues.

Thanks,
    Alex

4. While in a call, add another person to the call

While in a call, you should be able to add another person (or more than one) to the call, to instantly create a group call. Similar as in Skype by clicking the "+" button.

402 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature has been released and will now be flagged as completed.

Thank you all for the feedback!
    -Warren

5. Allow service numbers from a SIP trunk via Teams Direct Routing

Could you please add support for service numbers (usable with auto attendant or call queues) that come from a SIP trunk connected via Direct Routing? It doesn't make sense to support BYOT with Teams Direct Routing but not having the possibility to use the numbers on the SIP trunk as service numbers for an auto attendant or a call queue.

383 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Be able to choose different device for ringing

When I don't have my headset on I cannot hear when somebody calls.
    Should have an option to ring on a different device e.g. Skype 7.41.x. See attached.

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ability to join meeting by calling me instead of using computer mic & speakers

Like with Skype PSTN Conferencing, let me join the meeting by calling me instead of using computer mic & speakers. The way Teams works today, I have to manually mute my mic and my speakers, and then call out to my phone. It would also be nice to be able to select from a list of frequently called numbers, so I don't have to type in the whole number every time.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Hold Music for the caller to hear

Add Hold Music for the caller to hear when doing a consult than transfer.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make ordinary phone calls from work number using a dialer in Teams

I can make calls from Skype for Business by entering a phone number. I couldn't find the same feature on MS Teams

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Joining a meeting should auto-mute your microphone!

Joining a meeting does not auto-mute your microphone!

We are attempting to use MS Team's meeting for the first time since various launch issues were fixed.

For all of us, the meeting auto-connected our audio and microphones and our mic's were not muted. This is a problem when you have grown accustomed to Skype for Business as Skype auto connects, but does so while muting your own microphone. Huge difference and could cause someone to overhear something they shouldn't have.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is already completed. (Occurs for 4 or more participants.)

11. Support Skype hardware peripherals (like Polycom)

We have a major investment around the company in various Skype for Business compatible hardware, such as Polycom speakerphones, headsets, etc.

I notice that Teams uses these as standard external speaker/mic devices, but doesn't support their volume, mute, and disconnect buttons like SFB.

As we use SFB less, and Teams more, this is increasingly frustrating.

Please make Teams support Skype hardware peripherals like SFB.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams Meeting Conference Call

In my organization we have our conference call numbers synced with our Skype meetings so users can be on a computer, phone, or conference line.

It would be great if this was also available for Teams meetings. So far that is the only issue we have with using Teams exclusively. We can't run audio out of a laptop for a room full of people that has a conference phone system. The Skype Meeting audio currently has the edge but Teams meetings beats it in just about every other way.

Thank you

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item completed and is available to the public.

As always, thank you all for the feedback and suggestions!
    -Warren

13. Ability to call a landline or mobile phone from within Teams

In Skype or Skype for Business you can make voice calls to landlines and mobiles.

It would be great if from within Teams you could dial a landline/mobile phone number for a voice chat. It would also be great to dial a landline/mobile user in to an existing voice call within Teams.

At the moment we're stuck with having to keep Skype or Skype for Business to call landlines/mobiles as well as using Teams, when we'd really just like to cut down on the number of different communication tools used and only be using Teams with its enhanced threaded conversations,…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is completed if you have the proper license.

14. Save speakers and microphones settings

I wish Teams would save my speaker and microphone settings. I always want them to be set to my Logitech headset, but teams does not retain my settings.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been released. This should make things a bit easier when setting up for multiple meetings day to day. :)

Thank you all for the votes and feedback.
    -Warren

15. Auto-generate Teams Meeting in an outlook email/calendar invite

When creating a new meeting in MS Teams, it does not generate any outlook email/calendar invite. You must find the meeting in Teams and click add to Outlook Calendar.

For other meeting applications (Skype, WebEx) that we are aiming to transition off of for team specific meetings, we rely on the Outlook Calendar meeting invite emails/notifications. Please allow meetings created in MS Teams to include the option to send an Outlook email/calendar invite automatically.

Meeting reminders in MS Teams similar to outlook would be a welcome addition (you get the reminder until you decline the invite).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base