Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can we have the "Joe Bloggs is unavailable" voice in a local accent?

It's a small thing, but I bet the German or French or whatever versions don't speak in an American accent. Can we have a generic British accent instead?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Real time English Captioning for Mandarin, and all languages.

I don't understand a word my meeting is saying. Please implement this feature. MAKE IT ACCURATE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I get double billed because I use Skype and then teams. Why dont you enable telephone calls on one subscription for both

Enable one to pay for teams and Skype on one account. This is especially pertinent for people in a small business and enable full teams admin without bus 365

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Meeting Coordination- Request for Floor

There are instances where you would have over 50 people on the call and about 5 of them unmute and try to contribute to a meeting thus causing unintended disruptions. I suggest that In such cases a designated moderator should be given the permission to give those who request for the floor permission when the request comes through. We can have a "hand raise "button that prompts the coordinator and other participants. The chat section is useful but if there is a lot of activity there you might miss the request to speak.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please Allow us to Control what # and * do in teams autoattendants.

When Migrating from other systems # and * are sometimes used in custom recordings. Please allow us to control what # and * do in order to not have us re create our AutoAttendant recordings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. if Teams is to rival zoom we need to be able to call people who don't have teams - external dial in / out

If I want to ring someone using Teams they have to have the software installed.

This means that tribalism is going to kick in as some people use Zoom / Monday.com / other hub systems.

If Teams allowed me to ring people or invite them into a group conversation from outside of the organisation (even in the free app which is used by people from small and not for profit work) then I think take up of teams could be higher than it is.

Please enable us to voice and video call people using their telephone number

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pre-record message before a user joins a Teams meeting on their mobile.

In my company safety is critical and with our old conferencing tool we had a pre-recorded message at the start to remind users to ensure they are in a safe place before continuing on the call. Speaking with my MS contact this is not currently available and I think this would be useful for us and others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Let us see !

Why don’t you let us see more than 4 people at one time ? We should be able to see everyone ! What’s the point of an online meeting if I can’t see everyone.
    This is already written on this page but clearly feedback means nothing much here. Disappointed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Chime announcement needed for dial only calls PSTN

When hosting an audio only call with PSTN audio conferencing ID, there is no chime when callers join or leave a call. Please add option on admin center to turn on/off chime to announce when someone joins a dial-in only call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. change how laggy it is.

very laggy even if there are only two people in the call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create caller Group in 1 go

When you create a caller Group, it would be very handy if you can add an entire group of people in 1 go by adding the "Teams group" of your choice, rather than creating the Group, then add all people part of a certain Teams group 1 by 1.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need to drag call window extended screen and refer to chat / files main window

Like Skype, dragging meeting window to extended screen, allows me to continue to watch call window (in full screen) plus in primary monitor I can refer to some other chat / file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Suppress Caller Id

In SfB the caller ID can be modified on voice route level. Add this function to OnlineVoiceRoutes, too.
    Having this dynamic emergency calling could be used in many more countries where the calling party is used to select the PSAP.
    In addition this could be also used in situations where a main number should be presented on PSTN calls for a group of users only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Table"

Basically, in the video calling you can move around different tables. These tables, show how far away you are from another person. When you're close to someone, you can hear their audio better, and when their farther, you can't even hear them. The point of this is when you're in large groups, you can easily have your voice more heard, because when everyone is talking at once, it can feel overwhelming, and talking could feel unnatural, because it goes into more of a systematic way of talking. Along with this, there could be a "presentation mode" where you can be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base