Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable sharing system sounds during screen-sharing

We've been using Skype so far to review projects internally, and liked to have the option to share system sounds while screen-sharing (some of our projects are videos with voiceovers).

Would it be possible to add the same functionality in Teams?

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Visual feedback when I speak would be helpful

When I join a team meeting, the profile images of all other members in the meeting are displayed. Whenever one of them speaks, a subtle "sound wave" effect radiates out from the speaker's profile image. This is useful, as it lets me see who is speaking.

However, when I speak, I do not see any feedback at all. This means that if my microphone cuts out, or I forget to un-mute myself, I have no idea that nobody can hear me. On the other hand, I may forget to mute my microphone while someone else is speaking, and accidentally inject…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Better support for video/phone calls in conference rooms

I need an easy way to pull up a video/phone call in a conference room without potentially exposing private messages, meetings, etc. This could be a different account, or a login with an option to enter teams with a limited "conference" based feature set. A "do not disturb" feature would work, but not completely disable private sections.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. separate audio controls from the OS

It would be great if you could separate the audio config for the application away from the OS. This way, I can use a headset for calling, and an external mic for Cortana.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable audio recording for private calls MS Teams

Users want to have the option to record one-on-one calls in MS Teams.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Jabra integration with teams

Jabra currently highlights integration with Skype and Microsoft lync. Will the option for Microsoft Teams be provided?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide recording of audio and/or video meetings in Teams

Provide recording of audio and/or video meetings in Teams for later playback

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Select Webcam in Settings

Using the settings button while on a web-call appears to have the option to choose which webcam you would like to use, but not all webcams show up from the drop down list (only one appears). Users should be able to select the webcam they want to use for the call in the settings.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Presence based Call Queues/Groups

In Skype for Business on-prem Response Group Groups presence based routing methods:

Longest idle - to offer a new call first to the agent who has been idle the longest (has had a presence of Available or Inactive in Skype for Business Server the longest) .

Parallel - to offer a new call to all available agents at the same time, the call is sent to the first agent who accepts it.

We use these extensively and can't migrate to Teams without finding a replacement. Please add this functionality to SfB Online and Teams Call Groups.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. show call time

Hello,

in teams it is not possible to see how long the call duration was. (after hanging up the connection) IN skype and skype for business this is. Is it possible to add a log line of the duration of the call.
    Second request: Is it possible to add a log line that a person has called and the date and timestamp to it. Now this is visable in the activity log but without the time stamp.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow camera detection on Chromebooks

Web-based teams on Chromebook seems to work great! The one thing it is missing is the ability to engage in a video chat. When i click on the video camera link in Teams, I am taken to a page prompting me to give access to the Mic and Camera. Unfortunately, the method that is being used does not interact with Chrome OS properly so you cant allow access to the camera.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Set the background on video

From twitter

"Could we select a background instead? I'd like to do my daily stand up pretending to be on a roller-coaster or flying a jet."

https://twitter.com/martingbrown/status/1044247376922386432?s=19

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Consult Transfer (aka Warm Transfer) Call

Allow users to do a consult transfer or a warm transfer. This could be accomplished two ways:
    1. Put the caller on hold and give an option for a "Consult" button as in Skype for Business where you "call ahead" and make sure the person is ready. Could give second option for chat or call.
    2. Add a conferencing feature that brings a third party into an active call. Allow the second party to leave the call without ending the call for the other parties.

This would allow for a better customer service experience. Option two would also fulfill the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make more video call party

currently you can view 4 user when you start video call from group chat.
    by some reason it would be more cool if this app can view all parties who join the video confrence

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. see more people's video squares

(mac) A scrum team of 4 + PO + SM is 6 people. I would like all 6 people to be visible at the same time. Our monitors are big, and our computers powerful, so either show all participants or allow us to see more participants, or allow each user to set their own # of participants to see at once. Google Hangouts offered 10 at a time.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3rd Party Phone Integration

We recently went with a 3rd party VoIP provider for voice. They have federation into Skpe so that we can use Skype with their service and they also have a soft client for Calls, Chat, etc. (They don't do video without a meeting). I want to utilize voice calling via teams with our 3rd party provider. My vision would be that caller ID, customer screen pops (salesforce integration), voice mails, texts, fax and all would be integrated into a single app. I also guarantee that if you get this working both ways we will convert to Microsoft PSTN if pricing…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Default video settings

The automatic settings for video are not great on my LifeCam HD-3000. The Microsoft Camera app (Win 10) does a much better job at selecting appropriate settings. For example, in low light the Camera app appears to compensate, but in Teams I am barely visible. The feed appears to be higher quality in Camera too (but that might be a bandwidth thing).

If you're not going to provide detailed settings, you need to pick a better set of defaults.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When video calling, pop out into its own window

When you make, or receive, a call in Teams, i want to pop it into its own window similar to how SFB worked. This is because i have my chats on one screen and my videos on another screen and many times, if we are sharing screens, i make it full screen. When it does so inline, i am forced to move my teams window to my other monitor and then have to move it back when finished.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add ability to record phone calls (one-on-one)

Add ability to record phone calls (one-on-one)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. android bluetooth

After terminating a phone call, Teams should release the Bluetooth audio device so that media players are able to resume playback.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.