Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. llamar a un grupo creado al mismo tiempo, y habilitar llamadas a números celulares

LLAMAR A TODO UN GRUPO AL MISMO TIEMPO (SIN NECESIDAD DE AÑADIRLOS UNO A UNO A LA LLAMADA) Y FACILITAR LA LLAMADA A CELULARES, MANTENER VARIAS LLAMADAS AL MISMO TIEMPO

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Background

Appreciate if you could expand the application of customisable background images for phone users, as I really enjoy this feature on the desktop!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Align call in users with online profile

There should be a way to align call in users with their online profile. When A user uses the phone to call in for audio, their phone number shows up and appears like someone else.

Other systems have a "User ID" feature you can type in so that it aligns that phone number with the user logged in. This ensures your video/picture shows up when you talk rather than just the phone number.

This is a problem when bandwidth is low and users want to use the phone to connect their audio.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Busy tone or automated message when other person is calling

Busy tone or automated message when busy in calls.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. DND Feature when on call

Can we show our statue as DND while we are on a call via TEAMS as we use to have in skype. What happens sometimes is the team will show red dot while one is on call and same when someone set their status as busy so its difficult to identify if someone is on call and they just start placing their calls. If we can add DND then it can be avoided

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Don't ask for call quality Every time a call has occurred

Request to re-open of https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36120226-ability-to-disable-how-was-the-call-quality-reques
    I place anywhere from 10-30 calls every day, this question popping up when ending every call makes me less likely to give feedback.

I would suggest improvements to detect transmission dropouts and / or doing spectral analysis on the receiving end to determine the need to prompt the user for feedback.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to be able to (video)call people outside of my active team(s)

When I am logged in my team and a relation shared in another team is in active in the other team, I am not able to (video)call them. Same goes for contacting ppl outside of your team(s). You can't connect to them. It would be very handy to make this possible, so I can contact business relations and such outside my active team(s)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We need to be able to put Conference Bridge attendees BACK in the virtual lobby until they are re-admitted. Zoom and WebEx have this featur

We need to be able to put Conference Bridge attendees BACK in the virtual lobby until they are re-admitted. Zoom and WebEx have this feature.

Courts are now allowing virtual mediation which means people have to come and go from a room. Currently, if you REMOVE a participant from a meeting, that person can just dismiss it and come back in or accept it and be dropped. We don't want participants to have to dial back into a meeting to wait in the lobby again.

So the organizer needs to be able to put an attendee on hold or back…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. allow video calls on more than four channels at a time

I'm a teacher, using channels for pairs and small group work. It would be a lot easier for me to hop around from call to call if I didn't have to hang up a call in order to add another. Please allow more than four calls to be open at once--six would be great as a minimum.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Filter to remove unwanted background noise caused by children

Simply put, would be amazing if there was a filter that we could turn on that removes the unwanted noise, nags, yelling, fighting over who's turn it is on the Xbox, I'm hungry, I'm bored, etc. Would work perfectly with the camera blur function. As a parent WFH, that feature would be amazing. Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the ability to reposition my video in different corners

Would like the ability to reposition my own video view to different corner in a video call. Currently it can only be in the lower right hand corner.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams Click to dial is broken

Tel: does trigger dialing in Teams.

Its just broken and doesn’t handle the syntax properly.

The "Join Teams Meeting" button, in outlook, generates the following URL in the invite which Teams can't process itself.

tel:+1%20647-749-0000,,111111111# (I modified the original slightly)

It tries to dial but fails.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Simplify the license structure

So we need to buy a phone system (£6 per user per month) then a calling subscription (£12 per user per month), totalling £18 per user per month MINIMUM to have an operational system. This is insanely expensive when you have a lot of staff that make a small amount of calls, the entire point of having a soft phone system is that it should be cheaper to operate than a hardware based system!

The £6 per user per month is reasonable as it is comparable to the lifetime cost of a hardware system (in fact it's a bit more…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When using Chat the screen share minimizes

When in call, when trying to use the Chat the shared screen minimizes. It would be great to be able to keep the shared screen on one screen and the chat on another (or at least a split window).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. communication credits for csp

ADD Communication credits to MS Business Voice users under CSP - documentation notes but CSP clients aren't able to set up Communication Credits without an E5 subscription - clients need this access ASAP especially in current environment …

• Toll-free dialing and the International Calling Plan are available at additional cost using Communications Credits. To learn more, see toll-free dialing and international calling rates.

From <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/microsoft-365-business-voice-service-description>

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Volume toggle on different callers

For whatever reason, some callers voices come through louder than others. If there was the ability to change the volumes of different callers (and a 'reset to default' button) it would be great

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Queue presence

I need to be able to see who is logged in to the queue(s) at any one time. I can't manage a team of people, in multiple locations, when I don't know who is able to take a call (or not).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. be able to merge two calls like skype, zoom, and every other similar program.

You are talking to one person. Somebody else calls you. You merge that calling person into the existing call. Now all three are talking together. Like Skype and Zoom and all the other similar programs.
    Digital communication 101

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add paging feature to Teams native phones

Currently, none of the Teams native phones offer paging like the phones certified for S4B does.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. merge contact information

Need to add full functionality for adding contacts to the contacts list from teams to include email, multiple phone numbers, notes etc. Users shouldn't have to leave teams to manage contacts. Also need to add the ability to delete contacts from within teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base