Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Call Queue Disconnect with Message

Call Queues should have a third overflow option. "Disconnect after message". Not only disconnect or disconnect with busy signal, but the option to play a message before it disconnects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide my video, only for me

Video calling works great, but one feature I really wish Teams had in common with Skype for Business is the ability to hide my own video. It's pretty distracting and makes me feel a bit self-conscious, so I often end up turning it off... Skype has a little button in the top right of the user's own video that hides it. This would be really useful!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I wish we had control over how many video/people display in a meeting, and be able to adjust the proportion of video to shared content

I would like more control over the proportion of video to shared content, and be able to see more than the most recent 4 speakers in video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It is really complicated to add dial in numbers to anything outside of enterprise grade

Please make it easier to add dial in numbers to plans that aren't enterprise grade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. sottotitoli

Sono un non udente. Vi chiedo per le riunioni o videochiamate, di attivare l'impostazione della lingua del video che consente la generazione automatica dei sottotitoli in lingua italiana. Grazie

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Contact integration with Exchange online and/or Dynamics (BC)

A reverse lookup in Exchange online, Dynamics BC, and/or LinkedIn would be phenomenal as an alternative or supplement to passing calling party name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Talking simultaneously

Simultaneous talking doesn't work, and makes it really hard to understand people in unorganized group conversations. You cannot interrupt other people mid-sentence, it just cuts you out - which is a big problem if what you were going to say would prevent a huge misunderstanding. Other voice chat software like Discord (or regular phones) don't have this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. green stripe

Mac Pro with Windows 10 displays green stripe and green tinted ghosting in chats

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show display pic for users with obscured cameras

Users often share video, but then cover the camera with a Post-it, piece of tape, or other cover. This results in their useless video stream taking up valuable space in the 4x4 view.

It'd be nice if Teams would recognize the lack of content in the images and not show them in the 4x4 view.

I think the meeting host can mute people's video, but the meeting I'm in has an inexperienced host and I'd like to be able to deprecate some of the video streams myself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display Video of all persons even when their audio is turned off/ or dialed into a room phone for audio but have their video on PC

Promote who has video turned on over those who don't for the 4 displayed squares - or make additional squares that are focused on video -

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix the DailIn conferance # tel link is broken for some phones

These links are currently broken for some types of phones.
    Doesn't work on my Samsung Note 8 phone but works for IPhones.
    The link current format is 'tel:+1 555-555-5555,,12345678#'
    The space is an absolute NO in tel links.
    The dashes should be ok, but does not help and breaks on my phone. Since its a link those dashes can/should be omitted as well. The less 'junk' in the url the less chance of breaking stuff

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow a second camera to be used instead of internal only option.

Teams will only show a hard wired camera on laptops. I have a second HD camera for conferance calls but Teams will not detect it even though I have disabled internal camera?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please eliminate sibilance ('s' sounds harsh)

The sibilance ('s' consonant) is incredibly shrill and hurts my ears whenever somebody pronounces an 's'.

Please find a way to eliminate sibilance in the audio calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use depth cameras for background blur

Background blur is a very useful feature, and generally is effective - but not always.

Many systems are now shipped with depth sensor cameras (eg Intel RealSense) which are typically used for Windows Hello facial recognition.

Teams should use the depth sensing capability to significantly improve the backgroud blur feature (so it dosent have to rely simply on AI based image face detection)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. display your phone number while in a call

It would be handy to have your phone number be displayed while you are in a call with someone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Less restrictions in allowed numbers for Call answering rules

When we enter some phone number with certain prefixes in Call forwarding rules (call forwarding, also ring etc.), Teams doesn't allow us to save them because it seems it doesn’t think it’s correct.
    These prefixes allows us to use call-forwarding and "Also ring" features and disable for example voice-mail pickup if unanswered. An example would be +9992<cell phone number without leading zero>.
    This is extremely valuable for agents in response groups which may be unable to answer calls from time to time when a voice mail instead picks up some calls unless these prefixes are used in Call answering rules. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add "Invite another user" into call to the eclipse (3 dot) menu.

Add "Invite another user" into call to the "Other options" eclipse (3 dot) menu.

This would be a much better user experience as all options required for call functions would be available in the same place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premium call support for the Netherlands

Premium call support isn't available in the Netherlands.
    Even 0900 numbers (premium calls without additional cost) are disabled.
    These are even used by the police to report incidents (non-emergency calls).

Other countries support using credits in the tenant to pay for the additional costs.
    This makes it impossible for us to sell this in the Netherlands, because a lot of companies and government bodies use 0900/0909 numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.