Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a 3rd participant to a peer-to-peer federated call

Currently, we have no way to add an additional participant to a P2P federated call. Example, I call my customer and we want to bring in their Microsoft rep on an ad hoc basis. There is no way to do that. We have to schedule a meeting and then add the Microsoft rep. This feature was available in SFB.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide more action options for incoming calls

We should have options to respond to an incoming call like send it directly to voicemail, a call queue, silence the ring or respond with a message (for internal/federated Teams calls).
    This would be especially useful as inbound calls still ring in your ear when on a current call which is extremely distracting

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Automatically set Phone Configuration Profiles

Configuration Profiles currently need to be manually assigned making us have to check the portal all the time to see if there are new devices. Also there is no way to tell if a configuration profile has been assigned so we have to select all every time to make sure.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The number in the dial pad can be edited to the same format across the Desktop client and Mobile client

We want to aline the phone number display across all Teams clients (both windows app and mobile devices) with the same format, please help on this.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can we add more ringtones as options for Teams?

The current ringtone options in Teams are pretty mechanical and unpleasant...sounds like they come from an old 8-bit Nintendo game from 40 years ago...can we get some more options to choose from?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Volumes do not decrease in a call

When taking part in a call in Teams, the volumes of other sounds in the system are not reduced like they were in Skype. It's very distracting and inconvenient; it would be great if the other volumes were able to decrease once entering a Teams call.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Type name in dial pad

Typing a name in the dial pad doesn't bring up the corresponding contact's phone number to call. Teams just calls the numbers associated with the letters you typed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I hang up on mobile and desktop doesn't hang up

Both desktop and mobile apps concurrently call, if I pickup the mobile app version, then carry out the call, and then hang up on mobile - desktop call stays open

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. plz populate always on top screen option

plz populate always on top screen option

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a feature that adds spotlight to whoever is speaking in a call

Add a feature that adds spotlight to whoever is speaking in a call

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keyboard Shortcuts when using Teams for Outside calls (Hang Up Current Call, Mute, et al)

Keyboard Shortcuts when using Teams for Outside calls (Hang Up Current Call, Mute, et al)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Call by clicking non-E.164 telephone number in Outlook contact

It is possible to make a call by clicking phone number on Outlook contact, but in some case, for example the phone number is extension number on their own PBX system, it isn't possible to make a call. I want to make a call by clicking telephone number on Outlook contact regardless of format of telephone number.

for example:
    Phone number on Outlook contact : +81 3 1234 6789
    Phone number on Teams client : +81 3 1234 6789
    ---> It is possible to make a call

Phone number on Outlook contact : 6789
    Phone number on Teams client :…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Voicemail Administration Access

I've been clicking around for a long time and can't find where to change my voicemail greeting. Add a button that takes me to Voicemail Administration.

I can change my voicemail greeting. Right? :|
    I can receive a text message from a client. Right? :| (It goes without saying for those of us in the real world. SMS text)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to share computer audio in a Teams conference call

I have seen a request for users to be able to play video with sound through Teams.

It would be very helpful to simple just share the audio from my computer to the people present on the call. I previously used Zoom to do this, I would be able to play music during our team retrospectives whilst we were posting notes on the virtual Mural board, unfortunately Zoom is no longer available to my company.

This would be a really cool feature for Teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Calling a users PSTN line from Teams search results

Would like to see the ability to search for a user and call from the results instead of:
    Searching for a user, opening the chat window with them, opening the contact card by clicking on their picture, copying the PSTN line from the contact card, going back to the calls tab, pasting the phone number into the dial pad and then calling the user.

The current process is not efficient and a better work flow is needed!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When on a chat and have an impromptu call, there has to be a way to maintain call details (time, date, duration, etc) when not recorded.

When on a chat and have an impromptu call, there has to be a way to maintain call details (time, date, duration, etc) when not recorded.
    This is critical when you are working and have to bill clients by time. Right now, unless I record my call, there is NO history of it in teams anywhere!!! No Audio call history.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better PSTN Joining support in Teams

Better PSTN Joining support in Teams

When joining a Teams Meeting, audio and video options appear, but nothing for joining the meeting by phone (when the organizer has a PSTN license). It is instead hidden with the meeting information, not at all easy to find naturally.

When joining a meeting, why not have an option for join by PC or phone, and when Phone is selected, mute all PC audio, and provide the call-in info and call-me box?

And, like most other audio conferences, there should be an ability to join with an attendee ID so the video and voice…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. easily change between headset and loudspeaker during call or meeting

In older days, everyone was using a normal telephone. Sometimes during a phonecall, you maybe want to have your collegue that is sitting or standing net to you listening to the phonecall aswell or maybe even take part in the conversation. So in older days what you would do is activate the loudspeaker in your telephone by pressing one button.

Now in Teams I normally use my personal headset. If I would want to switch to "loadspeaker" during a meeting or a phonecall, I could do this by changing the device settings for loudspeaker and microphone, but I think this…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base