Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Feature to Give Organizer power to another person in your organization to allow and admit users from the lobby

Feature to Give Organizer power to another person in your organization to allow and admit users from the lobby

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. improve calls applet across platforms

Calls applet is awkward overall. Window 10 teams app has 4 main 'tabs' speed dial, contacts, history, voicemail, with a 'make a call' button. 'speed dial' should be 'dialer, with dialpad and pinned favorites and groups together. Make a call currently gets stuck open covering the tabs pane.

Android phone teams calls applet has 2 tabs, history and voicemail with a floating '+phone' icon (make a call) that opens a dialpad with a separate people search tab. Taking a queue from android phone app, it has 3 basic tabs across the bottom dialpad, history, contacts. Voicemail could be added, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. DTMF

The Enter key on a alphanumeric keyboard should map to the hash # key on the dial pad when entering DTMF tones during a call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Include names in VTT transcripts

When generating automatic transcripts of recording done via Teams, it would be useful to include the name of the speaker with each message alongside the timestamp and UUID.

I have developed a formatter that will convert the VTT transcripts to conversational text and it would be good to include an option where each item of text/speech has the name of the speaker.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Custom default call in phone number

My default phone number for a meeting is set to LA. I would like to change this permanently for my computer to the 1-800 and a local number. This way I don't need to look up these numbers and copy/paste them each time I set up a call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow to froze image when presenting

when presenting the desktop, sometimes we need to stop presenting to search for specific content, would be nice to allow the image to be frozen while searching new content to be shared

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Generate a notification when you breach a certain percentage of calling plan minutes

Is there a way to get notification when you breach a certain percentage of you calling plan minutes? a notification to say you are about to exceed consider purchasing communication credits?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Transfer calls

When I get in inbound call and transfer the calls, the phone continues to beep as if there is still someone holding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow joining a call from more devices (ie: mobile app _and_ desktop app)

Slack allows joining a call from multiple devices, which is very useful for remote teams, if you need to be on the call but you're not at your desk, when you get to your desk later.

Or if you're in a call on mobile, but you need to share the desktop screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need ring tone when someone calling to us

if ringtone available when someone calling to us it will be better

this option is available in Skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable to /call command to make calls to PSTN numbers (direct routing and calling plan)

Currently the /call command from the top bar only allows making a call to a named person in the contact list, this command should be expanded to allow making a call to a PSTN number via the call page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to add Team phone numbers directly to exchange contacts

1) Provide an on/off option to add the team phone numbers directly to the ID in Exchange online.
    2) Be able to label this in Exchange, as coming from TEAMS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keyboard Shortcuts when using Teams for Outside calls (Hang Up Current Call, Mute, et al)

Keyboard Shortcuts when using Teams for Outside calls (Hang Up Current Call, Mute, et al)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. auto attendant choose calander days rather than time regions

Be able to choose week by week a different group to answer the call, one week one group another week another group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to choose if incoming calls come through.

It would be nice to have the ability to only allow incoming calls to ring to the desktop app or mobile app. My organization uses Teams and I like having the app on phone to stay up to date with the charts, however, having incoming call ring to my phone has caused problems of accidentally answering them. This is a major flaw to me and would easily be avoid by giving an option to choose calls to only ring through the desktop app and not the phone app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dialpad larger buttons & more similar to standard dialpads

The CALL button (or rather area you click on) is silly small on devices, and the dial pad is also fairly small.

It's strange that you're optimizing most of the Office Apps for touch, but an app that requires touch doesn't seem very optimized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Block specific callers

I received spam call & would like to be able to block specific numbers, just as I can do for the main phone on my device.
    A client may not have caller ID- so I may not want to block all numbers wo/caller ID; but I would like to block a number (for a number of reasons) from being able to reach me via Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Work with Bluetooth headphones with mic devices on Android. Who wants to carry a phone orndeci e when engaged in a call.

Work with Bluetooth headphones with mic devices on Android. Who wants to carry a phone orndeci e when engaged in a call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.