Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow joining a call from more devices (ie: mobile app _and_ desktop app)

Slack allows joining a call from multiple devices, which is very useful for remote teams, if you need to be on the call but you're not at your desk, when you get to your desk later.

Or if you're in a call on mobile, but you need to share the desktop screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Put the call control buttons over the top of other applications

When on skype or another softphone, when I am on a call and switch to another application, a small window appears in the corner (but is movable) containing the call control buttons like hang up and mute - and in the case of video calling has the camera on/off button and the thumbnail of the remote side
    When I'm done with a call when working with Teams, I need to switch back to the app, locate the call then locate the hangup button in order to initiate hang up (currently now I am mostly just waiting for the caller to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable to /call command to make calls to PSTN numbers (direct routing and calling plan)

Currently the /call command from the top bar only allows making a call to a named person in the contact list, this command should be expanded to allow making a call to a PSTN number via the call page

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy and paste DTMF tones into the in-call keypad

You cannot copy and paste a text string of numbers (or letters) and paste them into the in-call keypad to be converted to DTMF tones in Teams, as you could in Skype for Business. This is particularly important when using Teams calling to dial into a 3rd party dial-in conferencing service, and having to enter a meeting ID. Currently this must be re-typed into the Teams DTMF keypad, which is a clunky user experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. communication credits should not expire

Ridiculous to have to have a minimum amount of money posted and then to lose it if you don't use it. Credits should remain on your account until used. Just another way to take your money.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Block specific callers

I received spam call & would like to be able to block specific numbers, just as I can do for the main phone on my device.
    A client may not have caller ID- so I may not want to block all numbers wo/caller ID; but I would like to block a number (for a number of reasons) from being able to reach me via Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adjustable call notifications (sounds)

Make it possible on iOS and android to adjust the incoming call sound (ringtone). In our company we are using Teams with the telephony add-on, so when somebody is called in break time... everybody is checken his phone, all because the ringtone is the same on every phone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. CALLING OPTION

Please add a call mee option so that one can put in the external number to join the Teams Meeting from the Official desk phone or their mobile phones.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability paste a number such as a conference number into phone dial pad once the call is connected.

Ability paste a number such as a conference number into phone dial pad once the call is connected. At the moment you have key this in manually, and click # (not the enter key as the enter key=1 which is another annoying feature)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add ability to call phone numbers and text or link teams to phones

Add ability to call phone numbers and text or link teams to phones

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add User to Call SfB / Teams

We can not another Teams user to an existing call with a Skype for Business user.

Our organization has already been migrated to teams, our partner organization is still using Skype for Business.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Note or comment option on Teams call history

There should be an option to make notes or comments attached to the call history (even a short note). This is critical for those of use who will need to refer to call history for logging project time and having some reference pertaining to what the call was about.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How are users meant to answer calls when switched to another Team domain as a guest?

With Teams replacing Skype in June we were told calling was ready for users.

However users do not receive any notification of an incoming call if they are switched to another Teams tenant (as a guest).

This is going to cause significant problems for our customers, who use our Team tenant for support / feedback. When they are switched into this, they will not be able receive any calls until they switch back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams didnt work well. I want Skype for business back

Teams didnt work as Skype. It is the worst thing in communications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Update the "join meeting" login page to differentiate call bridge Vs. Voip

Our company’s IT department are evaluating Teams and call bridge as an alternative to Webex. During our testing we have discovered it is difficult for users to distinguish which button to press when joining a meeting in order to get the proper audio connection.

On the screen shots, I have documented which buttons to press when joining a teams meeting using VOIP or call bridge. Our major issue is that If a person opens the meeting with the “join now” button and then dials into the call bridge, it creates a tremendous amount of feedback and then the meeting is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide easy access to voicemail settings

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    外出時のボイスメールの設定の簡易化について

Provide easy access to voicemail settings

■Description(内容):
    外出時のボイスメールを有効化する設定が見つからないとエンドユーザーから報告があります。
    下記のアドレスから設定可能であることを確認しましたが、Office 365 のGUI 上からアクセスする導線がありません。
    https://aka.ms/vmsettings
    Microsoft Teams からアクセスできるよう機能の実装を要望します。

Our end users reported that there is no setting found to enable voicemail feature.
    I found that it is possible to set voicemails via below URL, but there is no access from Office 365 GUI.
    https://aka.ms/vmsettings

It will be great if we could access the voicemail settings directly from Microsoft Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Send the popup notifying incoming call to the front

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    電話着信時にポップアップが最前面に表示されない

Send the popup notifying incoming call to the front

■Description(内容):
    電話着信時にポップアップが最背面に表示されてしまう事象が多くのユーザーで発生します。
    サインアウトや再インストールで事象が改善するが、電話の着信をビジネスで利用する場合に着信に気づけない動作は致命的です。
    早急に改善するよう強く要望いたします。

When receiving incoming calls in Teams, many users cannot notice the calls because the popup notification sometimes displays at the back of other windows. By signing out or reinstalling Teams, the issue will be fixed, but it might affect our business a lot if users missed important business calls because of this.
    Please fix this behavior as soon as possible to display incoming calls popup at the front always.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Share my screen and see their screen (picture in picture) for training

I would like the ability to share my screen (so an employee/client can see my desktop) and be able to see their screen in a smaller window to make sure they are following along as we step through a tutorial. A 1/4 size picture-in-picture in the right-hand corner of my screen would be GREAT! Possibly transparent while not a focused window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Microsoft HK Invoke as Microphone and Speaker for Teams Meetings and Calls

I would like to see Bluetooth or Wifi integration to utilize the Harmon Kardon Invoke as my conference phone for Teams meetings and calls. I can pair it as my Bluetooth audio out, but there is no option for it to be recognized as the microphone. This would also allow my local, in office team to jump on a meeting as one user, when conferencing with remote team members.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base