Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MS Teams HOLD (pause) capabilities

Since MS Teams is not always the only communicates tool in the enterprise (e.g. Jabber, WebEx, Zoom, etc.) there may be time that you need to put an existing MS Teams call (meeting) on hold to take or make another call. It would be nice to have a HOLD Button within MS Teams calls similar to how a meeting is put on Hold if you make another call within MS Teams. I have to quick call and hang up on someone to be able to put a call / meeting on hold so that I can leverage my other communications…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Call History / Activity Feed - if you are a delegate, you don't know if the missed call came in for you or your boss.

Call History / Activity Feed - if you are a delegate, you don't know if the missed call came in for yourself or the person you support. It will just say "missed call from " It would be helpful to say "YYY missed a call from " I support 3 people and this would be extremely helpful.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to hide contact details

Due to privacy reasons it would be better if we had an option to hide our contact details to unknown people.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Conference-Mode in Call Queue and Busy-Option

With the new "Conference Mode" feature, calls are transferred faster, but the "Busy-on-busy" feature from the calling policy is ignored. For normal direct calls to the user, the Busy function will take effect. For calls via the call queue, another call is signalled although the user is already on the phone.
    Can these two functions Busy and Call-Queue Conference Mode be combined?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Internal Noise canceling.

Particularly Laptop mics will pick up internal sound such as a spinning HDD (hard disk drive) or internal cooling fans. This sound is quite loud, and most people working from home right now are on laptops, So hearing this sound is pretty common. Some kind of programmed noise canceling that could filter out internal noise like this would be amazing. If ya'll would need an example you could look to Discord, they have a similar feature for filtering internal noise such as this.
    (Edit: Typos)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. call button

the call button is located at wrong location, and needs to be in green colour and located at the top side.
    the name can be displayed at the bottom section.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. URL of Audio Conferencing Reset Pin is not working

The URL for Reset PIN is automatically generated as: https://mysettings.lync.com/pstnconferencing which is not working now.

In this case, users can only reset PIN via https://admin0f.online.lync.com/lscp/usp/pstnconferencing as workaround.

Please change the automatically generated URL of Reset PIN button to to available URL instead

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Manage my Videosize / Handle webcam like shared content

Now Webcam Images are zoomed and shared Content is fullscreen. Sometimes I share a Webcam-Video that should not be cropped, e.g. a wall with images. I would like to be able to tell Teams to treat my (a) webcam like shared Content, or to share a webcam like a windows or desktop.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add The ability to show a Power Point presentation as your Virtual Background in a video call and be able to move through the presentation.

Add The ability to show a Power Point presentation as your Virtual Background in a video call and be able to move through the presentation while having your face and body be visible. This way you can use your hands to point at things and give the presentation Like you had a green screen setup.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable Video, Voice Calling, Screen Sharing in Edge browser, and in Firefox

I request you to enable Video, Voice Calling, Screen Sharing feature in Edge browser, and in Firefox which helps us to handle from browser as we see more RAM is being used while using app.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. mute person

Mute the person next to you, so you don't hear them double and delayed.

I had a meeting the other day with some collogues and when the person next to me in the office talked in i could hear him in real life and in the conference call. i then tried to "ignore" him, but that globally mutes him for everyone.

I need a button to mute the person next to me only for me, as i can hear him in real life and there is no need for me to hear his sound in the conference call as well.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Shared Voicemail in Client App

Currently we're using an AA for shared voicemails however these voicemails do not show inside the users Teams app they only get the voicemail via email. Can this be introduced into the users voicemail section inside the Teams app?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. own screen same size as others in a video call

have the option to have your own video frame the same size as others when in a video call on Teams. You may want to see yourself in a larger screen which is the same size as others, instead of in the bottom right corner.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make my own video video capture floatable so that I can move it towards my camera so I look into the camera more often

Make my own video capture floatable so that I can move it close to my camera so that I look into the camera more easily and more often (don't we all like to look at ourselves)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. call directly to voicemail

I often need to leave a message on someone's voicemail. In Skype I could call directly to the Voicemail and teams doesn't seem to allow me to do that.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teachers need a one touch mute all button.

A one touch instant mute all button is needed that will cut all the noise when instructing in a lesson. This should be an off/ on button that only the teacher has control of and not one which is activated by the slightest noise in the student's home. It should not ask for confirmation on whether you want to mute all. The button should be activated both from the keyboard and mouse/ touch.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the dial pad a stand alone dialogue box or allow it to be sized to dial pad size only

To see the dial pad I currently am forced to see all the history or contacts or.... This means it covers other apps that I need to see like chrome that contain the number I am trying to call. Or, when I am talking I constantly need to minimize the huge window to see other apps.
    Please make a dial-pad-only view so I can answer or dial from a very small window that does not dispay all the other stuff I am not interested in showing at that time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the ability to reposition my video in different corners

Would like the ability to reposition my own video view to different corner in a video call. Currently it can only be in the lower right hand corner.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Blurred background for video is great, but let's step it up with some options...

Let's get some fun options in. WFH is a bore...How about Microsoft brings a little fun?

• Beach Scene

• Man on the Moon

• Subway

• Restaurant

• iHeartRadio Festival

• Studio

• Sporting Event

• Eiffel Tower

• Bar

• Mt. Rushmore

• Oval Office

• Gym/Basketball Court