Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Attend multiple Team meetings in parallel which cannot be done. Kindly make this possible to attend multiple calls

we cannot host or attend multiple calls in parallel. Can you allow this as part of new feature.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prioritize audio quality over video on slow connections

On slow connections, we have to manually stop transmitting videos to be able to understand each other. A meeting without an understandable conversation is completely useless! Teams should prioritize audio over video. It must automatically and adaptively adjust the video quality or slow down the frame rate to maintain a sufficient audio quality. I never had similar problems with the competition!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. On-Call Rotation Calling

Allow calls to be automatically forwarded to the person who is scheduled to be on call. This would work great using the Shifts app tied into Teams if they allowed a shift to be longer than a day.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add side tone to Teams calls with headsets

Not being able to hear myself during headset calls on the teams app is really distracting. Please add a side tone feature that puts a users own voice into the headphone channel.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cast video calls to chrome cast or smart tv

It would be nice to be able to cast video calls to your smart TV screen so that your phone or laptop only acts as a camera and microphone and your TV the monitor.
    This could make video calls feel more real for those taking part as people would be more life size!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shared Voicemail in Client App

Currently we're using an AA for shared voicemails however these voicemails do not show inside the users Teams app they only get the voicemail via email. Can this be introduced into the users voicemail section inside the Teams app?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Easier Phone Audio Joining Capability

Currently when I join a call or make a call out, and I want to use my phone as the audio. I have to click 3 dots go to attendees and manually enter in phone number to dial. Could we make this option more forefront as in an option immediately available when starting or joining a call. Also can we have the ability to save a number to be used all the time when joining via phone audio instead of having to enter it every time.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it possible to have custom background in calls

Add an option to make it possible to use cutsom pictures as background in video calls.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have the same windows shown in a video call for all users so that people know when their video is being featured

Users don't know when they are being shown as one of the four (soon to be nine) windows shown in a video call. It would be great if the video screens being shown is the same for each user, even if the user him/herself is being shown.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Settings that allow limiting bandwidth usage on a per user level.

By Microsoft Teams reportedly has a much lower bandwidth requirement than Skype but in practice can easily use much more data. Given the current move toward everyone working from home and many countries having usage limits as standard this makes Teams far more costly than Skype for Business. Adding settings which allow users to limit bandwidth usage on their side either by settings that limit receiving video or that place limits on bandwidth usage up to a certain video and call quality

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need Shared Voice Mail for Call Queue, Auto Attendant

Need the Voice Mail to be SHARED, for the Call Queue and Auto Attendant. When one ID (is done processing the VM) and deletes the VM, delete it from the other IDs this was distributed to.

Currently one can send the VM to multiple IDs When one ID deletes the VM, it is NOT deleted for all parties. https://docs.microsoft.com/MicrosoftTeams/create-a-phone-system-auto-attendant

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve Flexibility of Speed Dial & Contacts

Include the same flexibility that Skype has for arranging, moving, minimising contacts in groups such that you can easily order groups into named disciplines and not have to view all contacts that also currently automatically expand to view all.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams Federal and State Legal Requirements for CDR Retention

[T]he FCC requires that carriers keep CDR for all toll calls for a period of 18 months (if you want to read the actual language, the cite is 47 C.F.R. §42.6). Some states have different retention periods that exceed the federal requirement. In addition, some states simply defer to the FCC’s then-applicable retention period while other states are silent on the matter altogether. At this time we can only pull 30 days of CDR data which does not meet Federal or State legal requirements. Florida, where we preside, requires 3 years of CDR data. What's the roadmap for Teams voice…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search and call contacts from dialpad

When typing alpha characters into dialpad, show matching contacts to allow user to call by name.

yes you can go to contacts first but if there is no downside, its more ergonomic to be able to do more on the dialpad form.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. to be able to dial in an external phone number to join the meeting

to be able to dial in an external phone number to join the meeting

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Link a phone number with a video feed, so the video feeds pops up when talking vs the person icon with phone number.

When I join via video feed and also call in with phone (not using mic on computer), I'd like my video feed to be seen when I'm talking. Currently it only shows the phone number. Is there a way to link a phone number with a video?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can we add more ringtones as options for Teams?

The current ringtone options in Teams are pretty mechanical and unpleasant...sounds like they come from an old 8-bit Nintendo game from 40 years ago...can we get some more options to choose from?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cloud Voicemail: Allow different Call answer rules for Out of Office

I would require different Call answer rules for how calls are handled. For example, I have a greeting and an out of office greeting.

I want callers to be able to record a message after they listen to my greeting. However, my out of office greeting is supposed to inform callers that I am on vacation and after that, callers shall not be able to record a message. So I would like to be able to set different call answer rules. One for greeting and one for out of office greeting.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Indicate whether an incoming call is video, or voice only

When you're notified of an incoming call, you given the opportunity to answer with video or voice only. It would be good to be shown whether the caller has chosen video, or voice only so you can better decide how to answer.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. change sound or music while ringing

Please let us change the ringing music of the Teams Desktop App.
    The sound it makes, when i call a number and wait for the other side to get the call/voicemail. We have several clients that complain about this (+- 1/5 to 1/4 of all clients since we use Teams)

Some (rare) times it doesn't even make a sound/music at all.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base