Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a feature that adds spotlight to whoever is speaking in a call

Add a feature that adds spotlight to whoever is speaking in a call

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard Shortcuts when using Teams for Outside calls (Hang Up Current Call, Mute, et al)

Keyboard Shortcuts when using Teams for Outside calls (Hang Up Current Call, Mute, et al)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Call by clicking non-E.164 telephone number in Outlook contact

It is possible to make a call by clicking phone number on Outlook contact, but in some case, for example the phone number is extension number on their own PBX system, it isn't possible to make a call. I want to make a call by clicking telephone number on Outlook contact regardless of format of telephone number.

for example:
    Phone number on Outlook contact : +81 3 1234 6789
    Phone number on Teams client : +81 3 1234 6789
    ---> It is possible to make a call

Phone number on Outlook contact : 6789
    Phone number on Teams client :…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. improve video with low upload bandwidth

Teams video and audio crackles out when I am on a connection where the upload speed is below 1Mb/sec. Please optimise the experience, or change your minimum bandwidth requirements.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Calling a users PSTN line from Teams search results

Would like to see the ability to search for a user and call from the results instead of:
    Searching for a user, opening the chat window with them, opening the contact card by clicking on their picture, copying the PSTN line from the contact card, going back to the calls tab, pasting the phone number into the dial pad and then calling the user.

The current process is not efficient and a better work flow is needed!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When on a chat and have an impromptu call, there has to be a way to maintain call details (time, date, duration, etc) when not recorded.

When on a chat and have an impromptu call, there has to be a way to maintain call details (time, date, duration, etc) when not recorded.
    This is critical when you are working and have to bill clients by time. Right now, unless I record my call, there is NO history of it in teams anywhere!!! No Audio call history.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better PSTN Joining support in Teams

Better PSTN Joining support in Teams

When joining a Teams Meeting, audio and video options appear, but nothing for joining the meeting by phone (when the organizer has a PSTN license). It is instead hidden with the meeting information, not at all easy to find naturally.

When joining a meeting, why not have an option for join by PC or phone, and when Phone is selected, mute all PC audio, and provide the call-in info and call-me box?

And, like most other audio conferences, there should be an ability to join with an attendee ID so the video and voice…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Background blur with minimal background noise.

Dear Microsoft,

Thank you for amazing softwares. Well recently I’ve seen a feature that Microsoft team released about background blur where you can blur your background while you’re doing a video call or having an online presentation. It would be much more interesting if we can minimise the background noise as well in realtime.
    We can do Fast Fourier Transform on person’s voice after that we’ll have a person’s voice frequency. Now we only want to allow the transmission of person’s frequency to other side. This will help us to reduce noise. More precisely it would be amazing if we…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Incoming Call opens URL

If there is an incoming call, Teams should open (if actived in the preferences) an URL with the number of the dailer. Many countries have public phone book services which can be queried "www.phonebook.com/0587777777" which can show the company who called me. It can also be used to start the customer data from the on-premise CRM system, if the URL lookup is possible. It should't use a lot of effort to add this feature in Teams Windows client to activate it and definde the URL.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. easily change between headset and loudspeaker during call or meeting

In older days, everyone was using a normal telephone. Sometimes during a phonecall, you maybe want to have your collegue that is sitting or standing net to you listening to the phonecall aswell or maybe even take part in the conversation. So in older days what you would do is activate the loudspeaker in your telephone by pressing one button.

Now in Teams I normally use my personal headset. If I would want to switch to "loadspeaker" during a meeting or a phonecall, I could do this by changing the device settings for loudspeaker and microphone, but I think this…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Text to Speech Voice call from Azure Monitor/Flow to Teams

I want to wake up my engineer by call to Teams application if something had happened. It can be triggered by Alert or E-mail notification. For example voice call can be initiated as action from Flow or HTTP post-request with text-to-speech message

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. need to include "take control" of the shared screen during conversations

need to include "take control" of the shared screen during conversations.
    same as skype.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add new caller to current call

When I am on a call and another user calls me, one of the 'answer' options should be to add the new caller to the current call. We could do this in Skype, but in Teams, the only way to get the same effect is to decline the new call and then go add that user to the current call.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Integrate MS Stream Comments with Teams

Recording a Teams meeting to Stream is AWESOME! It would be even better if you could comment on that video in Teams. For example, I go to my meeting recording in Stream and make a comment - that comment is actually tied back to the meeting thread in Teams (allowing for @ mentions and other native Teams functionality).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When computer is locked, forward all calls to another destination

In the call settings, it would be nice to be able to say that I want all phone calls forwarded to either voicemail or my mobile number when I lock my computer.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio freezes from conference rooms

Audio cuts out, sometimes it looks like the video freezes as well.
    When talking in a conference call the users in a conference room with a logitech speaker puck and webcam (or a polycom speaker with video) will freeze for 1-4 seconds while they are talking.

Users that are on the call from their desk or phone will also hear/see the problem. Users on the call calling directly from their desk or phone will never cut out/freeze.

This problem does not happen in Skype for Business, we have switched our teleconferencing to Skype for Business after it has gotten bad…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When sharing screen, only the first tab of my web browser is shared even if I am sharing an entire screen

I am finding that screen-sharing in Teams is very hit or miss. Half the time, it won't share anything. Other times, it won't for example update the view if I change the tab of the browser I'm sharing. I can be working in a tab and all is sharing fine. When I switch to another tab in the browser, those viewing my screen continue to see the original tab instead. This is when using the "Share Screen #" or "Share Desktop" options, not one of the more focused screen-sharing options.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. when someone calls me, the call goes through my teams app on my phone. i am unable to "join call" or call my coworker back on my computer.

when someone calls me, the call goes through my teams app on my phone. i am unable to "join call" or call my coworker back on my computer. i have tried signing out of teams or even uninstalling the app on my phone while someone calls me (trying to answer on my computer) but this hasn't been helping. this issue basically renders teams useless to me.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base