Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add option to change your video to a "video avatar"; Change video focus based on Audio when not sharing a screen and possibly shift smaller

Add option to change your video to a "video avatar"; Change video focus based on Audio when not sharing a screen and possibly shift smaller Video tile to a bit larger or to the left, when person is talking

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Not able to do Audio or Video calls using corporate network

Hi Team,

We are using MS teams in our organization (dxc technology). Not able to do Audio or Video calls using corporate network. If I use home network it works fine. Please let us know what IP and port number should be excluded in corporate network to work it better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Turn down headphone volume. My headphones are at setting 1 at it is blarring in MS Teams.

Other programs have a setting to adjust volume for that program. My headphones are at 1 and it is blaring. Headphones work for other programs, but blast my ears in MS Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mic Troubleshooting options

Let us troubleshoot our mics, because my mic doesn't work, even when I switch out 2 or 3 different devices.

I get into a meeting and everything is broken.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow us to easily invite anyone to chat

I live in Australia, tried to "chat" to someone at Microsoft Seattle & even they couldn't work out how to contact me using Teams! Had to revert to the unreliable Skype for Bus.

We need to be able to chat to anyone who has a O365 licence (I assume Microsoft Staff do?) it looks like we can only chat to members without our own tennancy

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have a "Are you sure?" pop-up when clicking 'Start my Video' while in a meeting

Multiple users have accidentally clicked 'Start my Video' when in a Teams meeting. It would be nice if there was another button that they would have to click to verify video sharing. Similar to sharing your screen in Skype for Business that warns the user that everyone will see their screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support for integrated microphone integrated with phone

I got an earphone that has an integrated mic and MS Teams does not uses it mic, but I still can use it on other apps. Please, fix this issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Playback missed/buffered audio at high-speed instead of dropping it

When the audio can't be streamed quickly enough to play, usually it's a short-term problem, and when it catches up, it COULD play back what was missed to catch up. (I've used other apps that do this.) MS Teams just seems to drop the missed audio entirely, and I am left without context in the middle of my call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. call search

In Calls tab, when I type in Top Search Bar, it doesn't pop up my Contacts. I have to go under A-Z to search/find. I should be able to do it in both areas.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I've noticed on our first collaboration call for my team using Teams, that when a person is sharing their screen, it only appears when I am

During video and phone calling, I've noticed in our first screen share test that the shared screen only appears when I am focused on the call only. I'd like to be able to minimize the shared screen and still follow along whilst modifying my team's task cards so that I don't have to have someone pause in the middle of a presentation so I can build new ideas into cards. What I see in the minimized call window instead of the shared screen is the sharing individual's personal video feed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Joining a meeting in Teams, user unreachable

I'm having an issue in Teams where other users try to call me, I don't get any audio, but then I see a notification that the Call has started which immediately changes to 'Call missed'. The caller can hear it ringing but nothing happens or it says I'm unreachable. Are you able to help?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. search video in team

When search for content videos do not show in results

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Effect of camera for more communication

I want Effects of camera for more communication.

Like cleaning skin, clearning room, ware nice cloth at each communication with camera.
    I need some effects of Facebook's camera on phone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. green

It would be nice to have the ability to change backgrounds if your video takes place with a green screen behind you. This is a feature that Zoom has that is very helpful in situations where you are working remote or using in a sales process capacity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. screen sharing needs a confirmation box and a really ******* obvious way to turn it off

My idea is to have a confirmation that I want to share my screen when I accidentally click that stupid effing button. So I can say NO, I DO NOT WANT TO SHARE MY SCREEN AND RUIN MY MEETING.

There should also be a really obvious way to cancel. Maybe slamming on the escape button a hundred times or alt tabbing should actually do something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show emergency location

Although emergency calling is limited, I suspect it will be similar to SfB Online. In which case showing the users Emergency Location would be useful. It would also assist help desk as know a users "location" you would also know what dialplan they have so what number formatting (e.g. US vs UK). As when dialing you don't see the normalized number you don't know what dialplan is being applied.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Start recording from inside a meeting or a call

When I'm on a call (not a meeting) with a co-worker, and shareing my desktop, I'd like to be able to start a recording

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support RCS (Rich Communication Services), SMS and MMS

Jump to the front of the queue and support RCS when adding SMS/MMS support to Teams Phone.

Personally I can get around the lack of SMS support in Teams, but that would cause other issues. I need one communication/phone system that handles both voice and SMS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. keep my all my contacts visible (regardless the organisation om logged in)

Keep my all my contacts visible (regardless the organisation om logged in).

I want to see who is online or not, regardless which Organisation i'm logged in to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1on1 call with setting the topic.

It's hard to start a call without causing a stress to the other party if the topic is unknown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.