Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make my own video video capture floatable so that I can move it towards my camera so I look into the camera more often

Make my own video capture floatable so that I can move it close to my camera so that I look into the camera more easily and more often (don't we all like to look at ourselves)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. busy with another call

a small feature you can add is to show "In another call" when someone call and i am busy with another call

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow shared calendar for teams

have single calendar for groups - to allow allocation of shared resource - or to reserve physical space.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Missed calls - show in chat

When someone has called, and I miss it - to show the missed call in the chat.

Today it is too subtle that I've got I missed call, I miss this all of the time.

I spend most of my time in the chat section of Teams, this is where I've got all the information regarding my conversations with my coworkers. To only shows as a new "un-read" message and the first time I open the chat is fine.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. it would be great if we could see more people than just four when in meetings with a large team.

it would be great if we could see more people than just four when in meetings with a large team.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lock unmute option, behind a warning to prevent accidental unmute to avoid embarassment

Sometimes by mistake you click on mouse

or unmute button on your headphone and you are sitting at home/travelling on a bus,

then so much noise is there behind...

So we can bring an option to lock unmute. So that when you press unmute, there should be a warning coming,,

Do you really want to unmute ?

Many calls we are just listener and there on mute throughout...

People have to face embarassment due to accidental unmute.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add 'Assigned To' user column in Teams admin portal in Voice --> Phone numbers

Adding additional columns besides 'Assigned To' to the 'Phone numbers' tab would be great as well. Theoretically you can see this information in the 'Users' tab, but there seems to be a display glitch there currently.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. when in a call resume from hold feature lacks visual confirmation

When you highlight the resume button it goes purple, when you click it there is no visible change, as this is a cloud application sometimes it can take a few seconds to actually resume (sometimes much longer) therefore it looks like it hasn’t worked.
    Is there any way you can provide some better visual feedback of the process.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. to be able to dial in an external phone number to join the meeting

to be able to dial in an external phone number to join the meeting

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Steelseries Arctis Pro headset support

Need support for steelseries arctix pro. Device own mute doesn't interact with Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change dial tone (not ring tone)

Since our company uses teams as a phone solution, I am absolutely annoyed about the dialing tone.
    Is there an option to change this tone to a 'normal' dial tone?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide more action options for incoming calls

We should have options to respond to an incoming call like send it directly to voicemail, a call queue, silence the ring or respond with a message (for internal/federated Teams calls).
    This would be especially useful as inbound calls still ring in your ear when on a current call which is extremely distracting

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mutliple numbers on a user, auto-attendant or call queue

It would be great if we could have an Auto-Attendant that has more than 1 number assigned to it. Most organizations advertise or have advertised multiple numbers in their history. It's unacceptable that I can only have 1 number route to an AA or Call Queue or user. In another phone system we support, a user or AA can have a main Direct Inward Dial number and 10 alternate DID's.

Will this be implemented in Teams?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft Teams Budget Phone

Now that Microsoft have announced the EOL of Skype online and also the EOL for the gateway that support 3PIP Skype for Business phones, customers now only have a very small amount of Microsoft Teams phones they can choose from. Yealink (4), Audiocodes (1) and Polycom has yet to GA their phones. All the phones have a fancy lcd screen with a Teams client running in it. They are also more expensive. In order to be a PBX replacement customer requires a budget phone ($100 or less).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Type name in dial pad

Typing a name in the dial pad doesn't bring up the corresponding contact's phone number to call. Teams just calls the numbers associated with the letters you typed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The call from Queue should not be offered to agents in status other that Available (green)

When calling the queue, the caller can wait for ages till the call goes one by one agent in the queue, no matter if the agent is busy, away, do not disturb, be right back, appear away.

This should work as in SfB on-premise.

The calls should be offered only to available (green or inactive less than 5 minutes) agents, so the caller is connected as soon as possible to the agent who is able to pick up the call.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to store call back numbers

Would like to have the system store call back numbers.
    I cannot use laptop for calls; so I have the application call me back to my desk at work, desk at home, work mobile or personal mobile.
    It would be nice if the app stored these numbers so that I could select from list to have me called back, instead of having to enter each time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. No way to export a report containing time spent in voice or conferences by user

We need to be able to export a report containing detailed voice minutes and video conference durations per user. Right now, when I click on a user to view their voice and conference details, there is no way to export the data. Additionally, team leads have requested that these reports be delivered on a schedule, and there is currently no way to get the data out of the lovely graph on the screen.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. plz populate always on top screen option

plz populate always on top screen option

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)