Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams doesn't recognise new audio devices being plugged in

There is a bug that USB headsets are not recognised if they are plugged in after Teams has started. The list of audio devices doesn't change even once the OS has recognised the headset and it is working, so there is no audio in a call. The only way to get Teams to recognise it and work with it is to quit out and restart the program, then it works fine.

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

148 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. multiple phone numbers

It would be nice to be able to assign more than one user number to a single user. Call qeues are not always a suited solution. E.g. if the user needs to dial out with different numbers.

258 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add functionality for simultaneous interpretation of audio/video meetings with human interpreters..

For meetings with participants who speak different languages, it would be great to enable an interpreter console feature, allowing participants to choose their preferred audio channel (language), and listen to the interpreter (a meeting participant who could be remotely connected) rendering into their language. How about an add-on app to do this?

224 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Barge, Whisper, Listen In

I found a similar request for Skype here (https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/8900035-monitoring-features-silent-monitor-whisper-bar). I haven't been able to find documentation on implementation of the following so wanted to throw it out there just in case.

1) Whisper - Managers or supervisors can tell agents what to say (advice or answers) without customer hearing them.

2) Barge In - Managers or other users can jump on a call without permission from the original user to help with a call (especially useful in call center situations).

3) Listen - Managers or other users can listen in on a call, given they have the access…

214 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Display incoming caller Id when callers dial a call queue

Incoming calls to a call queue should show the caller id of the person calling. It only shows the name of the call queue in Teams.

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Merge Calls

The ability to "Merge calls" was available in Skype for Business. The ability to call one person, put them on hold then call a second person, and then merge the calls together just like it was on Skype for Business.
    Why was this ability removed?

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Merge two conference calls/meetings into one

Usually when we dial into a conference call meeting, it requires us to input extension number, meeting room numbers or etc. So when I want to combine two meeting into one, I can merge calls in Skype for Business, but cannot find the same feature in Teams. Is there any roadmap to add this feature back to Teams?

207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mute microphone by default when joining a meeting

I've seen other user voice topics on this issue, and some even say there are fixes in place, but it only applies when 4 or more participants are on a call. Most of our Teams meetings are using the Audio Conferencing add-on, so when a customer joins a meeting on their laptop (after already calling in to the conferencing bridge) they generate a bad echo. Yes, this can be resolved with training, but why can't we at least have the option to disable the microphone by default (regardless of the number of attendees in a meeting)

200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Meeting Record Quality is low

The meeting record quality is worse than the actual realtime video. For screen share video's this can make somethings difficult to read due to the blocky-ness of the recording.

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hide my video, only for me

Video calling works great, but one feature I really wish Teams had in common with Skype for Business is the ability to hide my own video. It's pretty distracting and makes me feel a bit self-conscious, so I often end up turning it off... Skype has a little button in the top right of the user's own video that hides it. This would be really useful!

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Caller ID for outgoing Calls

When you call someone using Teams as your Phone system, the caller ID on the receiving end only shows a phone number and location. It should be possible to tag the company name to the number for Caller ID purposes.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Meet Now Button on Android in Channels

On the desktop/web app, you can click "Meet Now" in a channel to start a video call. However, in the Android app, you can only start calls via selecting individuals in a private chat. The "Meet Now" button should be enabled in channels on the Android app so that an all-team video call can be started without a desktop.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow microphone gain to be set by user

During quiet times the app auto gains the call and this cannot be overridden. Under the old desktop Skype you could set the microphone gain to the desired level and turn off AGC. This option should be available

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adjust the volume of individuals in a group call

Like discord I would like to adjust the volumes of each member in the call.
    This is to adjust volume levels to the microphones they are using, or lower background noise from other participants.

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams calling with on prem cisco CUCM

Around 45 million cisco iphone endpoints mostly via cisco on prem CUCM deployements.
    Need Teams to integrate with on prem cisco CUCM so that we can use it as enterprise softphone with on prem PSTN cabability.
    I am sure this would make teams adoption even more compelling within large enterprises like us.

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support for multiple default local dial-in numbers for PSTN

Currently it's only possible to have one default local number added to an MS Teams meeting invite.

It would be helpful to be able to be able to include multiple default local calling numbers as meeting participants can often span multiple calling areas/cities. Otherwise, the additional number(s) must always be manually added.
    Otherwise, the additional numbers will need to be manually added by the PSG member with a meeting request update after the initial meeting request is sent out.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Personalised muting

I want to be able to mute someone in my headphones without muting them for other participants.

If I have a participant in the room with me who is also logged in on their own device as a participant, I hear their voice in real life and then on the call after some lag.

I want to mute them so I don't hear this lag, without muting them to the other participants or muting my headphones.

Essentially I want just a small amount of the kind of control available in Digital Audio Workstations like Logic or Pro-Tools to mix a…

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make a call on behalf of a Call Queue

A call queue agent should be able to make a call on behalf of the call queue they are a member of. The calling line ID should be shown as the number associated with the Call Queue and not the agent's personal number.

Similar functionality existed in Lync and Skype for Business - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/answer-and-make-calls-for-a-response-group-in-lync-2010-d9182de9-32f6-492d-90cd-9bd0c0a390b2#makeacall

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Link audio conferencing to video session via Participant ID

Every other web conferencing solution I've used has had the feature that displays a "Participant ID" on the screen when joining the meeting, which you can then enter via keypad on your phone when you call into the audio conferencing line. This links your audio and video session together so the system knows that you are a single person, instead of two different users.

The feature should be available in both the desktop client and the web client.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatically block incoming calls when you are already in a call or meeting

Please create a setting a user has the ability to change that automatically blocks incoming calls or allows the user to even forward all calls to someone else when already in a call/meeting if applicable. It is very distracting to have my phone ringing while I'm in a call.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base