Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audio call recording in Teams

How about recording an audio call when initiating a Teams call, similar to how Skype for Business does ?

352 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

67 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. Two updates on this:
    1) Audio 1:1 call recording feature is on the backlog. We’ll update when we have more details to share.

2) Compliance recording is being worked on, partnering with 3rd party providers. Please see the posting below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/07/11/microsoft-teams-reaches-13-million-daily-active-users-introduces-4-new-ways-for-teams-to-work-better-together/

2. Transfer to voicemail option

In Skype for Business and most other phone systems, you can select to transfer a caller directly to voicemail (receptionists use this all the time). Teams does not have this option. It is very important for folks to not transfer to a ring-ring-ring experience if they simply need to leave a voicemail.

298 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. The transfer to voicemail option is currently in testing and will be released soon.

Note: Direct calls to a users voicemail is a separate feature which is planned. We’ll update when we have more details to share on this one.

Thanks.

3. PSTN Reverse Number Lookup (show username from Address book not PSTN number) in Teams Toast and Call History

When a PSTN user calls you on Microsoft Teams, if the number is in the address book I would like to be presented with the users name on the toast, not just the PSTN number. The same for call history or anywhere else a PSTN number appears in the client

275 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support device call controls

Support call controls for popular 3rd party headsets (handup, mute) like Plantronics 740-M or Jabra.

247 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Transfer active call between devices

Transfer an active call in Teams from my phone to my desktop and back. This for comming back at the office or leaving the office.

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Busy Options (Busy on Busy or Voicemail on Busy)

Provide a functionalitiy similar to the one is SfB Server.

Busy on Busy - Incoming calls will be rejected with a busy signal if the user is busy.

Voicemail on Busy - Incoming calls will be forwarded to voice mail if the user is busy.

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include call history in chat

Am I the only one finding it painfull that the chat history DOES NOT include call logs?

I want to be able to reconstruct to whom I talked how long. As a workaround I started to use Skype again or quit the Teams calls and call back the people by phone.

In Skype this feature helped me a lot when I tried to reconstruct to whom i spoke on days where things became crowded.

Please implement that feature asap!

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Be able to choose different device for ringing

When I don't have my headset on I cannot hear when somebody calls.
    Should have an option to ring on a different device e.g. Skype 7.41.x. See attached.

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Feature: Add ability to adjust call audio volume

In Skype I could adjust the volume on the application level. This isn't possible in teams

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have video OFF by default in a team call.

Should have to opt IN to turning on video for a team call. It seems to be this way (off by default) for a video in CHAT, just not in a TEAM call.

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded

Hate to share bad news, but this request was declined by the feature team.

-Warren

11. Bluetooth support in Android

BT does not work on Android.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. undocking video window

allow for the small video window in the top left to undock for multimonitor support. If I want to chat, or make updates, but I also want to see someone elses screen, or video in a large picture, it would be very helpful.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Hold Music for the caller to hear when doing a consult than transfer.

Add Hold Music for the caller to hear when doing a consult than transfer.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make widescreen option in video calls

When there are only 2 video callers on Teams, you can see the video in widescreen mode. However, with 3 or more callers, the video is severely cropped and you can no longer see a widescreen view of the room. This creates a very poor video experience since you can no longer see everyone in the room. It would be nice if there was an option to view participants in widescreen mode. Even in this sample image, you can see the room on the left only shows one person and everyone else at the table is cut off. If it…

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Skype Room System + Teams doesn't provide dial pad once a call is connected

Using a Skype Room System with an E5 license allows you to initiate a telephone call either via Skype or via Teams. When using the Teams option, you can dial a telephone # but once connected the dial pad is no longer accessible. When dialing into a conference #, this is often required in order to enter a PIN or conference code. The Skype option allows this dial pad access after a call is connected.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams doesn't recognise new audio devices being plugged in

There is a bug that USB headsets are not recognised if they are plugged in after Teams has started. The list of audio devices doesn't change even once the OS has recognised the headset and it is working, so there is no audio in a call. The only way to get Teams to recognise it and work with it is to quit out and restart the program, then it works fine.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Delete call history

We should be able to delete call history to keep the UI clean and usable.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. No volume control

All of us who are starting to use teams are facing the same issue...there is no way to control the volume on the teams calls

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show if call forwarded or from a call group in call history / missed calls

If an incoming call is being forwarded from another user or is being forwarded as part of a call pickup group, this is displayed in the popup call notification, however it is not displayed in the users call history. The calls just show as a missed call.

This is causing confusion for users as they see these forwarded/call group calls as missed calls and then try to return the call.

An additional column or a different 'Type' for these calls would resolve this issue.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.