Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Skype integration (Consumer Federation)

It would be nice to integrate public Skype (not Skype for Business) into Teams. I am able to chat with Skype for business users within my organization but when working with external clients I still have to go back to public Skype. If I could even just simply chat and call with Skype users as well that would allow me to use Teams as my sole communication platform.

533 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

104 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow service numbers from a SIP trunk via Teams Direct Routing

Could you please add support for service numbers (usable with auto attendant or call queues) that come from a SIP trunk connected via Direct Routing? It doesn't make sense to support BYOT with Teams Direct Routing but not having the possibility to use the numbers on the SIP trunk as service numbers for an auto attendant or a call queue.

123 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow screen sharing / Desktop sharing in the web browser

Currently the functionality "Desktop sharing" is only available in the app version of Teams but not in the web version. The button to share the screen is available but grayed out. When hovering over the button, it says "Desktop sharing isn't supported in your browser yet".

In scenarios where deploying the app is not favorable (e.g. VDI, Linux), screen sharing from within the web app would be highly useful.

Tested on Google Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)

111 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Audio call recording in Teams

How about recording an audio call when initiating a Teams call, similar to how Skype for Business does ?

92 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Have video OFF by default in a team call.

Should have to opt IN to turning on video for a team call. It seems to be this way (off by default) for a video in CHAT, just not in a TEAM call.

78 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Audio calling from browser

From day 1, there is no way we can make audio calls from the browser. This is a very much required features quite a few users use Linux and there is no way we can use Teams with them.

66 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The request for 1:1 calling Chrome support is still “on the backlog”.

Completed items:
                1:1 calling works in Edge.
                Group calling and meetings works for Edge & Chrome.

I hope to have more information to share soon.
                -Warren

• Include call history in chat

Am I the only one finding it painfull that the chat history DOES NOT include call logs?

I want to be able to reconstruct to whom I talked how long. As a workaround I started to use Skype again or quit the Teams calls and call back the people by phone.

In Skype this feature helped me a lot when I tried to reconstruct to whom i spoke on days where things became crowded.

Please implement that feature asap!

43 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Doesn't show Audio Call start, stop, and duration on Chat

For some reason Audio Calls stopped recording the start and stop times, as well as duration of the Audio Call, on the Chat window. There is no record whatsoever that we switched to Audio. I still run Windows 8, so maybe it's because you're trying to pull the plug on Windows 8? :)

42 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add better support for full room cameras

We use this camera in our conference room: https://www.owllabs.com/. It is designed to show a 360 degree view and also focus on the speaker(s). When Teams does its own resizing of the video, it often cuts off portions of the view from this camera. It would be nice to force teams to always show the full perspective from this camera (even if it is resized smaller). It would also be nice to set this as a "primary" camera in the meeting, so that it is not resized smaller.

41 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Wide-angle web cams are cropped

We have a wide angle webcam for our conference room. When we have more than 1 person join a meeting, it crops the video feed of our conference room. Microsoft Teams recognizes the wide angle aspect ratio just fine but crops it based on how many other users join the meeting. Either the right or left side of the video is cut off depending on which position the video is placed in the meeting screen.

Having a setting to maintain aspect ratio would be really helpful. We are loosing video of people who are presenting if they aren't in the…

41 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Query contact name for incoming PSTN calls from Exchange adressbook and other sources

Today, Teams displays the number of the caller for incoming calls from PSTN. Teams does not display the name of the caller. So I dont know who is calling.

Would be great, if Teams queried the number in my/company Exchange adressbook (and other contact databases, like CRM) and displayed the name of the caller instead of the number.

40 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • undocking video window

allow for the small video window in the top left to undock for multimonitor support. If I want to chat, or make updates, but I also want to see someone elses screen, or video in a large picture, it would be very helpful.

31 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Pop-Out Video Chats

Need the ability to separate video chats from the rest of the UI.

27 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Bluetooth support in Android

BT does not work on Android.

25 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Meet now Video button

In a Channel, when you click on the Meet Now video button and then click on "Meet Now", the camera is automatically turned on. Please set this to disable so the camera is not automatically turned on, people may not want to start a video call and may just want to do a Screen share.

25 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When you click the “Meet Now” button in a channel, you can click the little “Off” or “On” that appears in the window next to the word “Video”, and this will either enable or disable video before the call starts.

Please note we currently allow screensharing only when the video is enabled. If you would like to be able to screenshare without a video, please vote here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16936774-enable-screen-sharing-without-video-call

• Make widescreen option in video calls

When there are only 2 video callers on Teams, you can see the video in widescreen mode. However, with 3 or more callers, the video is severely cropped and you can no longer see a widescreen view of the room. This creates a very poor video experience since you can no longer see everyone in the room. It would be nice if there was an option to view participants in widescreen mode. Even in this sample image, you can see the room on the left only shows one person and everyone else at the table is cut off. If it…

24 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Transfer active call between devices

Transfer an active call in Teams from my phone to my desktop and back. This for comming back at the office or leaving the office.

23 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Call Contact's Work or Cell phone

When I click the call button on a contact, Teams automatically begins a teams/skype call to the user. It should offer options to call the user's phone numbers (work/cell/other) or to make a skype/teams call, similar to the drop down menu offered by skype for business.

21 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Join a video meeting without incoming video to save bandwidth

When participating a meeting, I don't have an option to save bandwidth by shutting down incoming video. [You can close the outgoing video, though]. In situations like attending a meeting abroad through mobile data connection, the video consumes 100's of MB's for a 10-minute meeting. (compared to plain audio, which would be only probably approx 1MB/minute). Or in other cases where you want to save bandwidth and video doesn't come through with good quality (like when working over vpn with a big latency)

Skype for Business had an option to join a meeting with audio only.

21 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability for meeting participants to draw on shared screen

Participants in a a meeting with a shared screen should have the ability to draw (with their mouse or touch pen) on the shared screen. E.g. if a PowerPoint is being presented, participants would have their designated color to draw with (to distinguish who is drawing) and a mouse pointer in the same color. The could then point and draw for the other participants in the meeting to see. This would be similar to a whiteboard, only it would be for drawing on top of a shared screen.

20 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base