Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full Teams Client API including Call Control

Microsoft Teams should have completed Client APIs so that third party apps can be created to fill specific needs.

This API should allow call control of the Microsoft Teams application. Necessary call control features include:
    • dial/call
    • call answer
    • hang-up
    • hold/off hold
    • call transfer (all types: blind, consult, safe)
    • add participant
    • mute/unmute
    • park/unpark
    • call as a delegate
    Some general features include:
    • search contacts
    • get contact presence
    • get contact list folders/contacts
    • setup contact list folders/contacts
    • get/set my presence
    • get/set my note
    • get/set my delegates
    • get/set…

1,436 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

61 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an option to disable auto-adjusting mic level

When on the call the Teams will automatically adjust the mic sensitivity level. I want it to stay at the same level. It's really annoying as it picks up background sounds when not talking. Also, it doesn't readjust it after the call, so i.e. if I had set level 50% before the call the Teams will readjust it to 80% and it will stay at 80% after the call has ended. This forces me to keep manually adjusting the mic level. It's a minor thing, but really infuriating. Would be really great, to just have a checkbox to disable mic…

889 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

187 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete call history

We should be able to delete call history to keep the UI clean and usable.

881 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

190 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio call recording in Teams

How about recording an audio call when initiating a Teams call, similar to how Skype for Business does ?

854 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Voicemail on busy

When someone calls me, either internally or externally, and I'm on another call, the default behavior should send the call to voicemail after popping a notification and perhaps a subtle ring. This business of ringing more than once when I'm on a call is not helpful.

683 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SMS/MMS in Teams Phone System

Allow users to send and receive SMS/MMS messages from within Teams on the desktop and mobile app to the Office 365 phones number. This would be a great help for our field technicians in actually adopting a phone system rather than using their mobile phone. The MMS part of this would be fairly important in our use case.

604 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support device call controls

Support call controls for popular 3rd party headsets (handup, mute) like Plantronics 740-M or Jabra.

583 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

138 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PSTN Reverse Number Lookup (show username from Address book not PSTN number) in Teams Toast and Call History

When a PSTN user calls you on Microsoft Teams, if the number is in the address book I would like to be presented with the users name on the toast, not just the PSTN number. The same for call history or anywhere else a PSTN number appears in the client

552 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Transfer to voicemail option

In Skype for Business and most other phone systems, you can select to transfer a caller directly to voicemail (receptionists use this all the time). Teams does not have this option. It is very important for folks to not transfer to a ring-ring-ring experience if they simply need to leave a voicemail.

536 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. The transfer to voicemail option is currently in testing and will be released soon.

Note: Direct calls to a users voicemail is a separate feature which is planned. We’ll update when we have more details to share on this one.

Thanks.

10. New calls ring while on call

While in a call and another comes in on my DID number or to a call queue I belong to the call rings in my headset and the Teams popup shows the call. It should not ring in my ear - at the very least it should be a lessor intrusive tone. This is more like a call-waiting option that needs to be added. Call Waiting on/off (columns for DID and Queues). More than likely for a call queue you are not going to take another call while in a call. There is a slight possibility you would if it…

495 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. click to dial

Add Click-to-dial for tel protocol. Our staff makes a lot of calls and has to copy and paste phone numbers right now. Would love to see an option for Teams to handle "tel:" protocol or another option for the ability to click-to-dial phone numbers within a web browser. This needs to be supported on Windows and Mac.

420 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams places current Call on hold when screen sharing

I call my colleagues using the "Calls" tab in Teams. I am calling their desk phone, which is a land line. Each colleague of mine has their own direct land line number. I use Teams Calls to speak with them. I then wish to share my screen with them, so I find them on the Chat tab, and initiate a screen-share. This immediately places my Teams Call on hold. This is clearly by design, and it is a flaw. We need to be able to share our screens regardless of any other Teams activity. Skype for Business did this flawlessly.…

376 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Basic reports and call lists for queues and AA

Teams needs an overview, reports, log about the usage of call queues with some basic features like number of calls answered, missed, average waiting time.
    Also a list of answered and missed calls.

I have some small businesses who use or want to use Teams as their primary phone system and need AA/Call Queues for some very basic form of "customer service line" (although that term might overstate what they need) and they want to see missed calls so they can return the call.

350 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Switch active call to Mobile phone

Our customer should have a function to switch an active call from the computer teams client to a mobile team client.

for example:
    You answer a call at the PC/teamsclient and want to leave your desk and continue the call with your mobile phone/Teamsclient.

Normal call forwarding is not really useful in this case. It would be nice if there was something like a "Switch-Button".

343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show if call forwarded or from a call group in call history / missed calls

If an incoming call is being forwarded from another user or is being forwarded as part of a call pickup group, this is displayed in the popup call notification, however it is not displayed in the users call history. The calls just show as a missed call.

This is causing confusion for users as they see these forwarded/call group calls as missed calls and then try to return the call.

An additional column or a different 'Type' for these calls would resolve this issue.

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option for Passive voice channels.

As an avid gamer, I feel like we gamers are very good at collaboration.
    I would like to have a voice channel much like to see a passive voice channel where your team members can join and passively talk to each other as they work Much like how discord or team speak works in addition to what already exist in teams. This also will break up the monotony of needing excessive Skype meetings. For people whom work in the department, but are Geographically separated, and cant getup from their desk to just ask a teammate a simple question.

300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Include call history in chat

Am I the only one finding it painfull that the chat history DOES NOT include call logs?

I want to be able to reconstruct to whom I talked how long. As a workaround I started to use Skype again or quit the Teams calls and call back the people by phone.

In Skype this feature helped me a lot when I tried to reconstruct to whom i spoke on days where things became crowded.

Please implement that feature asap!

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. No volume control

All of us who are starting to use teams are facing the same issue...there is no way to control the volume on the teams calls

270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams doesn't recognise new audio devices being plugged in

There is a bug that USB headsets are not recognised if they are plugged in after Teams has started. The list of audio devices doesn't change even once the OS has recognised the headset and it is working, so there is no audio in a call. The only way to get Teams to recognise it and work with it is to quit out and restart the program, then it works fine.

256 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

136 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Forward calls from the auto attendant to an External Number

In a scenario when there are still enough credits on the organization.

It would be great if the auto attendant could have a feature to route/forward messages to an external number like a Phone or an Alternate Office Number.

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 80 81
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base