Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. left navigation: make it collapsible

make the left-hand navigation collapsible

1,127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

declined  ·  153 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Suphatra responded

We will not be doing this request at this time, due to other high priority engineering that the product needs. But we really appreciate the feedback and are listening to every one that you submit in this forum. Thank you!

3. Fonts

would like to change the fonts

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded

Sorry everyone, but the feature team has decided to decline this feature request.

-Warren

4. Ability to specify different colors for different teams

During testing of Teams app we found that users are quite often confused in regards to which team they are posting (specifically when they post to 'general' channel) - I think ability to assign different colors for different teams (by the owners/admins) would be helpful and could help to reduce amount of mistakes.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately it was declined to decline this feature request.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    -Warren

5. Screen Space

Don't restrict the width of the screen space for channel conversations, if my monitor is wide enough, adjust the display to fill up all the available space.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feature team thanks you for the feedback but it isn’t truly actionable.

More concrete suggestions are recommended such as, “Please create a more compact chat layout” or “Increase density of the UI text elements”

-Warren

7. Automatically place the pointer to chat/text input

Whenever I receive a notification and I click on it with the mouse, I then have to click a second time in the chat box before I can start typing. From usability perspective this is very annoying. Whenever you receive a notification from someone, and click on the notification bubble, you should be able to directly start responding to this person.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I hate to bring bad news, but the feature team has declined this feature request.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base