Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Simplify UI

The UI is unnecessarily crowded and over complicated, it defaults to chats rather than contacts, the buttons are counter intuitive. Everything takes a lot of clicks. I don’t spend my whole day trying to learn Teams and simply do not want to if it’s going to just generate more work for me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. By changing Microsoft work culture to be more user centered instead of MS engineer-centered

Azure and outlook show this more strongly than Teams, but the fundamental issue behind the countless design concerns is Microsoft’s design-by-engineers culture. I’ve never even seen the inside of a Microsoft office but can see this is the case by looking at their products. Microsoft leadership and engineers would gain a lot by allowing designers to build a more user-centered culture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Send alerts on Outlook

To facilitate adoption of Teams, it would be useful if users would get alerted on Outlook if they have Teams activity (such as private messages).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There are options that CONSTANTLY get in the way.

I attached a screenshot. Can we please make it so that the 'Like', '...', and Bookmark icons move elsewhere so it doesn't cover the message if I'm trying to copy text on it? It gets agitating that I cannot copy text because those icons get in the way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Task tracking in planner

For tasks with multiple people assigned, we would like to be able to select a person who is currently working on the task

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rich text editing makes @ commands awful

The rich text editor should never work in real time, and @ commands should be left alone.

If you type @channel it will be replaced by an almost illegibly distinct "General" or whatever word, with no # or anything to distinguish that it's a channel, that looks rather awful and confusing as it looks like text you wrote. Then if you backspace the chat gets bugged and you start typing in that colour...

Rich text does not belong in chat, period. It may be good for dummies, but then only dummies will use it. If you want to make this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. voice messages for slow connections

cant see any progress while a voice message is loading (or not)!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. FIX THE SEND BEHAVIOR

My team has had the problem of messages not being sent because messages are not sent on Enter . Posts with attachments should go out as soon as you hit send

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New name

I can hardly “Teams” you, now can I, but I can certainly Slack or Skype you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give us the ability to create wireframes of the teams client (or parts of it) to show you what layouts work best for us.

I look at the teams UI and I cannot read anything. When I say read, its not just a matter of font size or if I'm wearing glasses, I mean the navigation and organization of the communication points in the client makes it hard to quickly determine if some action on my part is necessary. Its also stupidly hard to locate the correct click points to compose a message to a specific party.

Its not just these things, its many things, and its hard to convey with text or verbal. I say its hard because of the dearth of complaints…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Less boxes

The block style and colors are hard to read slash follow. Unlike slack where things like status can fit in a couple short lines.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notification

No funcionan las notificaciones .
    WhatsApp es mejor

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Light images pasted in Dark Mode change color

Please see the screen shot. I downloaded an image from my email, then uploaded to my Teams wiki from my HDD. Look what happened!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'm looking at a PDF saved to Teams and it takes up about 1/3 of the screen. What use is this?

I'm looking at a PDF saved to Teams and it takes up about 1/3 of the screen. What use is this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Double click top left closes app not expand it

Programs have always been able to be closed by double clicking the top left hand corner. Why the change with this app? It's confusing as it goes against the interface of all other WIndows programs, and also may hinder those with usability issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make email addresses available and visible to copy and paste from teams messages (BAD UI/UX)

For some reason teams covers the email address in a message. This makes it a nightmare to select whole email address in order to copy and paste. It happens every time I ask for someones email address and I go to select it, and copy/paste into outlook. The Elipses and like button uncessarily covers it. It is extremely aggrivating. See screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. App Bar Information

It might help onboarding and initial use of Teams by having a small bar at the top of each app when selected describing the main focus.

Yes, there is a nice welcome message and onboarding experience when you first install the application, but breaking this down further might help.

How it might work:
    1. You open an "app" from the "app bar" (area of Teams you wish to interact with). Chat for example.
    2. In the main area of the window, there would be a small bar that runs along the top, just below the window (dark purple) bar. This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base