Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make file links from teams/sharepoint a tiny URL with preview.

When attaching a link to a file withing the team, add a link either with a preview or less of an eyesore. This is just for better usability.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The "You've got the latest updates" shares no useful information and is not helpful

Starting teams often shows a popup that says "You've got the latest updates." This popup provides little to no value as you can't even reference any sort of relevant patch notes.

Please consider removing it entirely.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. support a more "dense" layout

There is lots of whitespace (at least in the browser app) leading to lots of scrolling. Would be nice if there would be a more compressed layout

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Standalone 'Chat' Interface

While I understand that one goal of Teams is to bring all of the tools under one UX, Microsoft should consider allowing for a break out of the 'Chat' tool for user experience. While there are a number of use cases, one simple example of need is where something is being edited or viewed in the teams UX and a 'Chat' comes in, if the user clicks to view the chat, they lose their place in whatever file or video they were viewing their their other respective channel. The preference would be to have chat in one window, and the…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Link to OneNote app does not work when pasting link of OneNote multi-byte page title

Link to OneNote app does not work when pasting link of OneNote multi-byte page title

When I get a page link with OneNote (not Winows app) in Office 365 ProPlus and post it on Teams, the link does not work properly. (Web View works)
    This behavior works fine with Outlook email text, so I want the Teams client to handle the link as well.

Reference: Japanese support team announcements
    https://answers.microsoft.com/ja-jp/msoffice/forum/all/%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E3%82%92%E5%90%AB/9aa134f7-16d5-402f-9908-a9057705c54b

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Quick Hide and Hide All Conversations

Currently in Teams it takes two mouse clicks to close a chat conversation. In Skype there is a "X" to close the conversation. This results in a single mouse click to close out a conversation window.
    This makes it easy to rapidly close out any open conversatations you are finished with. It would be nice to have this same function in Teams.
    The X could go either to the left of the CHAT name or next to the "...".

Also it is very easy for your "RECENT CHAT" tab to get filled up with several conversations and takes a long…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Don't hide reply field in Teams chat.

In Teams chat, replying to existing conversations is a more frequent occurrence and requirement that starting a new conversation. The Teams chat UX however requires the player to open up a reply field before then entering a reply, whilst the 'start new chat' field is presented as the default option.

This often leads to replies to existing conversations being posted as new conversations.

Could you please find a way to reduce instances of users inadvertently (but intuitively) starting new conversations when trying to reply to existing ones. I would suggest displaying the reply field already open below an existing chat…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Different icon for task bar notification

Right now the task bar icon shows a little red dot when you are busy or if you have a notification. I propose that it should show an circle with an exclamation mark for a notification, and a plain red dot when you are busy.

Sometimes I get out of meetings early and I'm confused why the task bar icon tells me I have notifications when I'm really still marked as busy and it's really annoying

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change feed order

Change feed order so the recent posts appear at top (similar to facebook). Or at least give the chance to change this behaviour.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Move a folder

I'd like to be able to move folders once they are created. Either by dragging and dropping or by clicking on then and using an option like "Move to...".

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Get rid of splash screen

I don't need this splash screen every time I log on/restart my PC...

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add actual Contact List functionality for chats

The current design/implementation for chats is terrible. Just create a way to create a contact list with the ability to sort people into "groups". Every other chat client does this. If this could be done, it would make Teams a lot more useable. If companies are expected to use Teams as a true collaboration tool, one of the biggest features are chat, which it currently sucks at (when compared to tools like Slack, HipChat, Trillian, etc.).

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please allow users to choose an IRC-like format for Chat

Right now, chat is displayed in bubbles, almost like an SMS text message. In my opinion, it should be changed to look like IRC (no bubbles, text displayed as a “wall” almost).

Many other chat clients do this (Discord, Slack, HipChat), and I think it lends itself very well to group chat. At the very least, an option to change between display styles would be MUCH appreciated.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keyboard shortcut for expanding threads

If you are in the process of writing a reply to a thread and wish to expand the thread, you are forced to use the mouse to click in the thread expansion area.

Add a keyboard shortcut to expand the current thread so you do not need to leave the keyboard.

Also make the keyboard shortcut easily discoverable e.g. using a tool tip on the thread expansion area.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop reaction emoji choice from showing when hovering over message

We're super happy that we finally can have more than just the "thumbs up" reaction. That came out of nowhere today!

Saying that, please, please, please immediately/ASAP change, so that reaction choices don't pop-up when hovering over a message. I do like Teams and am a big advocate for it in the office, but sorry, that one's terrible and super distracting! The choice only should come up when either clicking on or hovering over the "reaction button". Thanks in advance.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Embed within Outlook

Hurry up already, and integrate Team into Outlook! Would like to see some sort of extended integration with Outlook desktop. More than a plug-in. Dedicated panes, like Calendar, Email, Contacts!

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Right click context option to paste unformatted

Although we have the Control+Shift+V hotkey to paste unformatted text, it would be nice to also be able to right click, and have a second option to paste unformatted.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it easier to switch between teams and channels

It is very seamless to switch between channels in Slack but the Teams app seems very convoluted with navigating.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add more area to grip the title bar

The new ui changes make it very hard to move the desktop app around the screen. There are too many buttons on the title bar now and it seems the only grip point is between the search bar and the org link. It is very easy to miss click when trying to move the window around your desktop. I think that the search box should be reduced to add more title bar.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 79 80
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base