Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lite UI mode for Teams

It would be great if Teams had a lite UI Mode where all (most of) the beauty is switched off to favor performance and minimize resource needs.

The current Teams App on Windows 10 needs a lot of performance to render and to run in general. I need my CPU and my RAM for my development work! Not to run a stupid chat client!
    Skype for Business was much reasonable in its resource needs therefore I favor still that utility instead of Teams!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Different icon for task bar notification

Right now the task bar icon shows a little red dot when you are busy or if you have a notification. I propose that it should show an circle with an exclamation mark for a notification, and a plain red dot when you are busy.

Sometimes I get out of meetings early and I'm confused why the task bar icon tells me I have notifications when I'm really still marked as busy and it's really annoying

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add hyperlink to jump to Last Read

Add a static hyperlink in chat to jump to the Last Read section similar to the hyperlink to view new messages.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Monospaced Font

Since Microsoft has decided to lock the user out of selecting fonts, why isn't the default font monospaced? Copying in data which relies on its formatting to be readable is horrible in MS Teams.
    E.g. Data from SQL queries, in any application which has (or allows) mono spaced font, the tables are perfectly readable, in Teams, they're a complete mess.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow me to change Group Chat icons

Right now we have a bunch of Group and once you start adding names to it, they are pretty hard to identify which one is which. If I could change the Group Chat icon, it will be easier for me to identify this.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide more legible text colors.

Teams provides a limited palette of text colors and little thought appears to have gone into their selection; many of the choices result in illegible text.

I suggest reviewing the recommendations established by the W3C in Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 technique G18, "Ensuring that a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 exists between text (and images of text) and background behind the text".

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Navigate chat/channel history by date/month

Because going back in chat or channel history is painfully slow, and because jumping directly to a found search result does not work, at least implement the ability to navigate by date or month. Something like: "Go to previous day" or "Go to previous month"

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keyboard shortcut for expanding threads

If you are in the process of writing a reply to a thread and wish to expand the thread, you are forced to use the mouse to click in the thread expansion area.

Add a keyboard shortcut to expand the current thread so you do not need to leave the keyboard.

Also make the keyboard shortcut easily discoverable e.g. using a tool tip on the thread expansion area.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams needs inline email expansion

When email is used to send a message to Teams, users need to download the associated .eml to read the complete message. Being able to expand and read the message inline would be much more fluid.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Let us change the View for files.

Let us change the view in the File folders so we can preview files as thumbnails . This would be useful for folders with many image files.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Users are prompted to create a Team even though users are prevented from creating O365 Groups

In our organization we disabled the ability for users to create O365 Groups. All groups are created by an admin and then assigned to the owner. When the owner goes to add a Team to their Group, the first time experience for users is to create a dream team in large print even though they don't have access to do that. At the bottom of the prompt in small print is the option to add Teams to an existing Office 365 Group, which is easily overlooked. Our users are mistakenly trying to create a team for their Group, receive an…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Right click context option to paste unformatted

Although we have the Control+Shift+V hotkey to paste unformatted text, it would be nice to also be able to right click, and have a second option to paste unformatted.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Navigation needs some improving

Navigation could be improved.. Make it possible to put app icons on the very left menu bar where the activity, chat, teams, meetings and files icons are. It would be nice to put app icons there for oneNote or other apps so that you can quickly navigate to them and have the app open within the teams workspace.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Consolidate Sharepoint into Teams and remove link

Move more sharepoint functions into Teams and remove the "Open in Sharepoint" link. It's confusing and not efficient to have to open Sharepoint for some functions, mainly syncing a directory via OneDrive.

Also improved file management, can't move folders to other projects within Teams, but can move files.

Also when you share a link to a file within teams you have to choose either a sharepoint or teams link, need to just have one option.

I think you're getting there, but essentially I just want to have our company use Teams as it's headquarters for all communication and filesharing. But…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Inherit theme colors from Windows 10 accent colors

The application should support inheriting the accent colors that Windows 10 applies to the Start Menu and other Windows widgets, including the automatic accent colors.

It should also inherit light/dark theme from the Windows 10 app mode setting.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. move tabs

Move Tabs between channels and teams

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Simpler editor without formatting (WYSIWYG)

As a developer, we share a lot of code snippets and logs information. Would be great to have a simpler text editor, with no formatting (pasting something from the web is often painful) for composing messages.

It could use markdown for formatting, keeping it user-friendly.

Maybe an option in the settings to use the simpler editor would fit better for all types of users.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Esc to cancel editing message

When you choose to edit an existing message, there is no immediately obvious way to cancel editing it if you change your mind. It should be possible to stop editing by pressing esc or clicking outside the text field or both.

Furthermore, if you choose to cancel editing a message, the Teams client should remember the edited version of the message so you can pick up revising the message at a later point.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.