Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Themes

Why not having the Skype Theme Color function instead of this ugle purple design.
    More flexible solution here is needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don’t show the current sign-in account automatically in the Teams desktop app

I would like to hide or change the sign-in account currently shown in the credential prompt when signing in to the Teams desktop app, because by default, the Windows credential will be shown automatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it easier to disable teams

Make it easier to disable teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Just make it reliable and give me audible alerts on my PC

I use a PC. Some colleagues use a Mac.

(1) Often the status of a Mac is not shown correctly to a PC user and visa versa. Just make it work reliably. Eg, a colleague is showing on my screen as unavailable yet shows as available on his.

(2) I can get an alert on my Apple phone and Apple Watch but not on my PC why! I shouldn't have to rely on my Apple Watch to know I have a new chat. This is terrible.

(3) When I do a meeting via Teams, allow me to give a phone…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Basic photo editing in the input box

Ability to do basic photo editing directly in the input box. Classic use case: you want to show someone a menu flyout that you can only capture with print screen and not with snip. You want to crop to the part of the screen with just the menu flyout really quick, but as of now you have to paste the screenshot into another program, crop, copy, and then paste into the Teams input box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow for direct responding from the notification

Imessage for Apple allows for direct responding to a message from a notification, allowing for quicker response time, and a smoother transition between working task. If that same response could be implemented, it would save precious time rather than having to open up in browser (where I work does not allow the desktop download)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make a light version, that only has the basics.

Make a light version, that only has the basics.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Leaner Style

The Style is a bit old school and the UX horrible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make textboxes in Chat > Teams active on appearance

When editing a group's name in Chat > Contacts the textbox becomes inactive after a moment and users have to press 'Tab' or LMB to reactivate/refocus on the textbox.
    It would be much more comfortable if the textbox remained active after it appears. 
    In the attachment you can see a short video recording of the current situation.
    https://streamable.com/bzo6p

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make textboxes in Chat > Teams active on appearance

When editing a group's name in Chat > Contacts the textbox becomes inactive after a moment and users have to press 'Tab' or LMB to reactivate/refocus on the textbox.
    It would be much more comfortable if the textbox remained active after it appears. 

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make textboxes in Chat > Teams active on appearance

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Conversation Sub Categories

Would it be possible to create sub-conversations within a Team site? The purpose of this is to separate out activity that is most relevant to any one individual. It allows the sub-team to avoid adding clutter to the general conversation.

1. Activity - user has added something or someone to the team site. This becomes a lot of noise that's not necessary embedded in the community.

2. Full team conversation. These are things that everyone on the site needs to know.

3. Sub-set of full team - these are folks coming together to work on various tasks. These may or may not be…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save messages on local storage to scroll them quicker

As all messages are saved in cloud it taks too much time awaiting they are loaded while scrolling. Please add local storage saving to show messages immediately when scrolling up

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Probably it's a Skype for Business hangover

Probably it's a Skype for Business hangover, but Teams is not as efficient and easy to use as Skype.

I have been using skype for long, and recently moved to Teams, it is bit uncomfortable.
    There are many good Points in Skype I miss here:
    1. Visuals: Well Skype is a apllication which occupies smaller area of the screen while chatting making it more handy tool while performing the actual work. Where as Teams occupies the whole screen. Yes it can be restored to but then I cannot detach it from main window like a messenger should do.

1. Cannot chat…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unify the Microsoft Communication Infrastructre

Do I use Teams to communicate or do I use Outlook? If I split my communication between Outlook and Teams, how do I search for information from a single interface? The separate communication infrastructure is a mess.

With Skype, Skype sessions used to appear in outlook as “Conversations.” Using Outlook, I could search for communication threads through mailboxes and folders as well as Converstions. Loved it!

With Teams there is no interoperability and the communication threads are separated. I have to search through two separate messaging systems to find information.

Terrible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Should remember the login

Teams keeps asking for a login (why?) and on each occasion it requires me to enter my email and password, as well as asking for an SMS code.

Teams should not require a login, I'm logging in from a domain-joined account. Have you forgotten what Kerberos is?

At the very least, teams should allow me to save the email and password as Skype for Business does.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. As a host, I want to resize the screen portion of a camera feed

By default, Teams will split the screen so all the camera feeds share "equally" the display area. This is a big inconvenient for many different situations. This lack of flexibility is getting more than annoying now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow to use guest and organizational account without reload of application

Very great improvement would be that I can open two windows of application. One with organizational account and one as a guest

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add REMOVE to rightClick menu on names/people in Recent/Suggested

When first opening Teams, the Recent tab is open and under Suggested is a long list of people, many of them I have not communicated with for a long time.
    It's annoying that names cannot be removed from the list.

Please add REMOVE to the context menu of these list items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. editing a message should not resize the message

When selecting the "edit" action for a chat message, the edit control is narrower than when the message is displayed normally. That means the text moves, and you have to re-find the correct place to make the edit.

A minor annoyance, but an annoyance none the less.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base