Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow option to show participants video feeds at the top.

When someone is presenting and a conversation ensues, I end up looking down to the participants bar to watch them as they speak. A large number of people have camera that sit above the screen. If we had the option to move the participants video bar to the top or even a side to match where our camera is, we would more easily be able to look at the camera and see who we are talking with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the wiki part work more like MS Word

I keep my daily notes in Teams/Wiki portion. Using it is an ADVENTURE... Where is the cursor going to be next time I log on and try to make an entry? Why do I need to SCROLL to where I left off last time? Why does the page JUMP AROUND???? Those are the most annoying parts. Then of course there the spell check function [there is? kinda sorta]. And you're going to get rid of Skype for Bus. and just use Teams? What a mess! How about making it obvious how to respond to an IM in teams?? Would that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow Windows 10 users to specify their own sound files for TEAMS notifications and sounds.

TEAMS notifications are worse than worthless as they rarely get people's attention and Windows 10 Desktop users cannot change the sounds to use sound files of their own choosing. When a user is playing music or is viewing a sales presentation, the TEAMS sounds just disappear into the music/noise/background. With other collaboration software, whether running in an app or in a browser (I ALWAYS run teams in a Browser, typically Edge DEV) I can configure sounds for different notifications - "Someone has messaged you", "Someone has joined the meeting", "Someone has left the meeting", "Someone has joined the chat", "Someone…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. can we change the background

Background change for individual

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it more modular - being able to separate the text field from the video. It allows a more friendly platform when providing instructions

The users should have the ability to separate the text window from the video when operating in the video or call mode. If you are instructions and a student ahas a question you have to go into chat which minimizes the video window in order to respond to other text that are outside the meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Back button shows recent history of last viewed chats/channels etc

When you hit the back button - Add a drop down menu showing the recent chats/channels were you in as opposed to currently needing to hit the back button multiple times to get to where you were previously

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Consistent right-click option order

Ensure the order for how to open documents is consistent. At present, the options are in a different order different depending on where you open the file from - see screenshots.
    I keep automatically clicking the wrong one and opening it in the browser or Teams by mistake!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Few enhancements/feedback suggestions that I am missing while using Teams:

1. While in a meeting/call, there is no option to put the call on hold. If I get a call on mobile I want to show people that I am on hold. Disconnecting the call or not answering feels rude.

2. I have to chat with some people in a day. I find they are showing busy. Now there is no, separate window I can keep open as a reminder to me that I need to talk to that person.
      3.When I am in a meeting while there are other meetings I am part of, but haven't joined. It bugs when I…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow one to collapse or move the overlay while video chatting.

To avoid tech ignorant person to accidentally scared themselves of losing the overlay, just put it in an advanced setting that need to be turned on before the features accessible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add TABS to the MS Teams Main Window

I want to flip between viewing or working in multiple files and/or Channels. I now have navigate using a back or forward < > buttons to reopen the spaces I have been working in. If I have 3-4 reference spaces needed at once, this back/forward experience is not practical. As with Tabs in a browser or in OneNote, I can quickly jump from one to another item, without closing or navigating. This would be a HUGE help, as I frequently need to be working on one file and need to refer to 1-2 others, for my workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Video enabling button arrangement

Hi team,

You are doing a fantastic job. I would like to share my experience while working from home during this tough times for all.

What I feel is Video enabling is something which the user might click knowingly or unknowingly. However, the voice getting enabled unknowingly during a call is also troublesome but still manageable, I feel.

But video becomes tricky. I would suggest not to keep the 2 enable/disable buttons of Video and Voice very next to each other.

Also, when the video enable is clicked, the user should be prompted again to enable it (just a confirmation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. increase size of video window while in chat

when answering a chat it would be nice to pop out the video or make it larger

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams needs to make it easier for host to mute other participants

As of now, mute seems to be hidden behind a "..." menu. I need to get it via a single click. Alternately or in addition, it would be nice to force "press space bar or button" to talk mode. We find Zoom works better for large groups. Also, maybe a quick mute everyone but me/person button, or only one person can talk at a time mode... clearly, UI work would be needed to make such a mode clear to the user.

In general, we find Zoom (and even Skype) to have much better audio quality or deal with lags better…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. An icon which shows if you are one of the 4 primary camema views

The default view when ona multi-party video conference is the 4 people who spoke most recently. There is no way of know if I am one of the most recent speakers and therefore showing on other people's screens, this would be useful to know.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Status for period of time

Somethime the work you are doing is intensive and you don't wan't interrupts.

Setting status Busy is solution, but it would even better, if I could say I'm busy next 2 hours and then my status change automatically to previous status.

It's not convinient to set calendar event for all of your tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Color Code Grades tab

Grades tab that shows the assignments and student status - Turned In, Reviewed, Returned. It'd be useful if these were color-coded so I wouldn't have to, you know, read. :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have an icon/emoji in the application title that shows if your camera and mic are on/off

It would be great in the Teams title bar had an icon that shows if the camera or microphone is active or muted. Something similar to the way Google Chrome displays a speaker icon on a tab when that tab is playing audio.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to keep Teams/Chat/Activity sidebar visible (large zoom, small window)

I have poor eyesight so I run the Mac client at 140-200% zoom. At 200% or when I shrink the window, the Teams/Chat/Activity sidebar auto-hides. I would like an option to keep it open, either by a preference or by having a splitter/sash to reduce the width of the chat/channel section so I can keep both.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams would benefit from being more size adaptive

Teams would benefit from being more size adaptive, so that when minimized it is easier to use and navigate, especially when utilizing chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams stream should have a join button

In the Microsoft Teams desktop application, events accessed from the Calendar panel: Meetings have a nice obvious "Join" button on the top right. Streams don't have this and instead have a fairly subtle "Stream Link" text that doesn't so clearly indicate you would join the stream. Muscle memory makes me go straight for the "Join" button, which isn't there. Ideally this UX would be consistent for usability.

Also, from the calendar view, meetings have an instant join button while streams do not and should.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base