Public

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about potential bugs within Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable IM chat for students, keep the 365 App bar at the top, improve Teams Notebook interface

There needs to be the ability to disable students using the IM function. The fact that it can only be enabled/disabled for the whole district is archaic.

Teams should NOT lose the App Bar that is consistent across all other Office365 apps. It's frustrating to navigate between Teams and other apps.

The Teams Notebook User Interface is poorly designed. Users lose 1/2 the screen on simple directory, which leaves no space to work in the actual notebook. Selecting the team/channel/whatever needs to be minimized, while the workspace needs to be maximized.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Even your feedback interface is broken

Your app doesn't work. It constantly crashes. Doesn't sync properly on mobile. Even this web page broke when I entered too much text in the subject field. There isn't even an indicator that it's a subject field! It just says start typing. Perhaps you should just recreate slack. Do exactly what they do. Slack is excellent and my company would approve it if it had multiple authentication

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to have a linear (time-like) view of all the conversations in a channel. Thanks.

I would like to have a linear (time-like) view of all the conversations in a channel. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. conversation more like messages. currently feels like a forum making it clunky to search.

Take a look at phone message or how What's app handles messages for individual messages. Currently feels like the 1990 fourms, instead of flowing well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. UI

Just bad overall. UI is not thought out. Please review Slack or any other chat/message system and see how they do it. Its very confusing and unclear to read or participate in Team Conversations. Make that like chat - its very frustrating! People hate SharePoint - but you made it just like SharePoint. Please redo Team Conversations to be useful or Microsoft teams will die a painful death like most anything Microsoft does social related.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show a badge on the meetings tab when there are meetings which the user has not answered the RSVP.

When the logged in user has received a meeting invitation and did not yet respond to the invitation using Outlook, Teams or anything else the meeting tab should show a badge showing the count of unanswered invitations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hide developer tools

I accidentally clicked teams icon 3 times and noticed dev tool context menu.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export Meetings/Agenda presentation to Outlook Web and web Calendar

The presentation of the agenda and the meeting details in the Meetings tab of the Teams web client is the best presentation (easiest to read and quickly grasp the important details... also pleasant to look at) of these items throughout all of the Office application web clients.

Please meet with the Outlook Web and web Calendar people and demo the Teams web interface to them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sign in versus Log in

Generally, Office 365 uses 'Sign in' or 'Sign out'. For consistency sake, would you update Teams with 'Sign out' instead of 'Log in'/'Log out'.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Threading helper hotkey

Threading is weird. I like it, but I'm not used to it. Thus, I frequently start typing in the main chat box when I want to reply.

It would be awesome to have a hotkey that would change your input focus to the previous reply field. Hitting it again would move back to the next previous thread, and so on.

Bonus points if it carries the half-entered text you'd already typed with it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. grape.io or slack - should be your benchmark

Anything and everything - larger teams should be possible, text intelligence (missing completely), search - even on Windows is not possible out of teams (yet another silo!). An acquisition of Grape.io would make a lot of sense!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Simpler UI

the UI is very... colorful. I'd love to see a theme where it is flattened out, matching to other macOS and iOS designs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make individual teams or channels able to be "torn off" (like tabs in I,E) so they can be placed on a separate monito

In I.E tabs can be torn off and then placed in their own screen real-estate (often a separate monitor). Allowing this in teams would allow a fast moving team or channel to be permanently displayed and constantly monitored. Also in mixed reality allow individual teams / channels etc to be placed in dedicated places - for the same reason

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Convo & Teams threads all look alike

I feel we need some way to distinguish one chat from another, one team from another and particularly, teams from chats. Occasionally when I see a notification I'll reply to the wrong chat or Team. We have so many it can get confusing & it really takes me out of the other task I'm doing at the time to search & confirm I'm about to type in the correct thread. Consider assignable colors or other aesthetic variations to help users quickly distinguish where & to whom they're typing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't return user to Conversation Tab when selecting different Channels

I'm looking for a file and I think it's in a particular channel. I have the channel selected and I've clicked the files tab. If the file isn't there, I'll click another channel name, but the display changes to the conversation tab for this second channel, requiring me to click the Files tab again. It's a second click that I don't want to have to make. If I then want to look in a third channel, it can get very tedious very quickly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Received a call while on a call, and i was unable to see who it was or how to answer or join.

Received a call while on a call, and i was unable to see who it was or how to answer or join.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. remove images on Teams page

Would like the ability to hide the large images on the Teams page directly above the Add Members, Create Channels, and Open Channels.

They take up a lot of space and require people to scroll down to see what's happened.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. All I see is colored rectangles

The text message is the least noticeable thing on the screen.

My eyes are distracted and confused by the colored rectangles. Can we just get rid of all of them?

Point is, the UI is inefficient, unappealing, and makes it challenging to pick out the important information from all the noise. It's a mental slog to use Teams.

We've got our company on Skype for Biz, and with its pending demise we'll have to make a decision on Teams, and right now the answer is no.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base