Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UX

Hi! I've noticed that plenty of people are constantly trying to reply to a private chat message but accidentally answering in a public channel. This didn't happened that often when we where using another app. I think you should test that experience and see if there is a way to improve that and help your users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 'Upload from my computer' blocks name of first attached item

When attaching file to 1:1 chat (and maybe Channels as well); if I choose to "upload from my computer", the pop up remains while I navigate, via windows, to the file to be uploaded.
    This is in the way when uploading successive files. See attached screenshot. In my example, I had uploaded the first file, and went to upload the second, but had forgotten which file I had already uploaded. I had to close out, "remember" and then pick the second file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add hover text explanation for menu items

Add descriptive text to help people with confusing/similar definitions in the menus. For example, under the channel ... menu, show a definition of Follow and Favorite so people know what they do without having to read a how-to guide.

Ultimately, I'm trying to find better ways to show people they need to take action to Follow and Favorite channels that are important to them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Put Chat back into Lync/Skype for Business where it belongs

Why have you decided to, without my firm's approval, phase out Skype for business to integrate it into Teams? It doesn't work as well, is really frustrating as a broswer window and gives me no information when compared with the ease of use that Skype has had through several iterations of version releases. PLEASE reconsider and put Skype for business BACK, no need to try to fix what ISNT broken.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. After closure of files opened from Teams Files tab we are moving not back to files but to conversation tab. somehow

After closure of files opened from Teams Files tab we are moving not back to files but to conversation tab. somehow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Like original post in thread

Right now I cannot “Like” the original post in a Team discussion thread. Replies can be liked, but this does not appear to be possible on original posts (at least those coming from external api calls, such as when Azure DevOps posts a message to a Team)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 超難用,設計超差。還找不到歷史訊息,要不是公司強制使用,那麼糟糕的通訊軟體根本不想碰

超難用,設計超差。還找不到歷史訊息,要不是公司強制使用,那麼糟糕的通訊軟體根本不想碰

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 超難用,設計超差。還找不到歷史訊息,要不是公司強制使用,那麼糟糕的通訊軟體根本不想碰

超難用,設計超差。還找不到歷史訊息,要不是公司強制使用,那麼糟糕的通訊軟體根本不想碰

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sync theme between devices

Would be nice if by theme setting (dark mode) would be saved for the next device I sign into. My company just went through a merger and I sign into two tenants, causing the theme to reset to default every time I log into the other tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ui

teams, channels and contacts are in different locations. we click contacts then the person that we want to contact if we are in a channel. it would be a nice feature to have a tree at left that displays all contacts and channels at once.
    Also we cant customize layout, for example, I wish to auto hide side panels, and use the app in a small window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Vdsmgjsfhsfjstnztnstnsfhaxhaxbdhafhafnsgnsfnafnafnfa

Tbsgnstjwtjwrjafbsckstitssvbscbzfjsg

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Having used slack previously, I just find teams less intuitive to use. Emojis less useful and search for previous contacts to intrusive

Not intuitive. Too formulaic at times. Even this site, was asked to submit my thoughts on the app and sent to this, where you need to pick from lists, can't go back to edit, and submit as an 'idea' instead of a comment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. UI change request

Can you make the response line a different colour (preferably white) to the actual responses. I keep starting new conversations not replying to existing because I can't see the response line because it is the same colour. Alternatively put a comment link at the top of a post and reply links to each comment, ala Facebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow teams to open on the actual teams channel instead of the notification page

I would like to have teams open on the actual teams page instead of the notification page. I don't know how many times I have had to click over to see what I opened it to see. I don't need it to be that way for everybody, but let us set a default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It seems a little awkward to me. I can't put my finger on why that is, but that's my experience so far.

I really don't know why, but it seems to be awkward compared to slack

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Notes integration richer and more robust. Allow someone without a Sharepoint account to integrate their Notes pages. Allow rich edit

Make Notes integration richer and more robust. -- Right now, one cannot highlight anything in a PDF 'channel' or when looking at a PDF file. In fact, PDF markup controls are clearly not enabled.

Notes: This is a Microsoft product, yes? Then why do you make the integration with it feel like you're connecting to a red-headed stepchild? The Notes integration is clunky as SIN. There's no real rich text editing capability within Teams, and formatting created in Notes simply doesn't translate.

YOU CAN DO BETTER. I expect you to do better. Microsoft, how about talking to Microsoft?!?!?!?!

Teams Free…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base