Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. access to entire remote screen

when in control of another's desktop, if chat or attendees pane is showing, it's not possible to access items at the bottom or top of the remote screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Like a post more than once

Edwards wants to like things more than once. Probably his own posts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Use true italics

Please use Segoe UI's true italic, instead of slanting the regular version of Segoe UI.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show previews of files in microsoft teams. Allow files to be shown in line view as well as in grid view.

Is it possible to add a file preview to files on Microsoft Teams files? Our team stores many image/icon files on Teams, and it would help to be able to see a thumbnail preview, instead of just locating files by file name.

Also, it would help to be able to organize files in a list format, as well as in a grid format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Isn’t this a bad way to collect feedback? It’s a echo chamber, the top results are on top and people who want to help but want to be quick j

Don’t use a voting system for product feedback - it’s an echo chamber - more people vote for those because they are easy and at the top of the list. I’m not practically going to scroll through all the ideas to see which match my experience. If you want unbiased feedback ask open ended first and remove the vote counts from choices, and randomize those ones your product team wants additional input on. Design by top votes is like reading news by popularity - you get a bunch of ****.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New Chat, why the button?

When I click the button to start a new Chat, a new row is shown among my ongoing chats, it is titled New Chat until I add someone to the conversation and start chatting. Instead of having the button for a new chat, can this New Chat row be shown always instead? It feels redundant to have the button, which is not very well placed at the moment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. UI

Skinnable ui with options to adapt to each company and/or group. Eases for people using multiple team nodes (consultants for example).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Settings to not format chats like a text message

Reading a chat conversation my eyes have to jump back and forth across the screen to read what others say (left justified) vs what I say (right justified). Painful design for a desktop application on a large screen.

Plus completely inconsistent with how you read a team conversation where your own messages are left justified as well.

The complete lack of configurability in Teams is very disappointing. There's like 3 options in the whole app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Just about everything works the wrong way or is missing critical feature

Files
    - Cannot see where its downloading the file
    - Cannot cancel download
    - Cannot see if you have already downloaded this file (and clicking download automatically downloads with new name)
    - Cannot right click to "open local file/folder"
    - Double clicking does nothing (well some weird menu changes appear, but not clear whats the point)
    - Open button is actually dropdown menu, shows single item "open online" (eventhough i have downloaded it)
    - Weird [x] button in the menubar, when file is selected.. seems to mean "deselect"?
    - Strange "This page uses cookies.." - notification banner
    - Cannot go…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. You had the chance to blow slack out of the water. You have not done well on the ussr experience. It’s way too hard to use.

Clean the usage to be similar to slack. Make sure you have decent apis. Include smarts to clear the clutter.

I wish you got it right. Right now people have lost faith in teams and just return to slack. Please take user experience seriously.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Status visible on @mention List

When we use @mention a name, it would be greate to see the current status of its person - maybe at the moment I mention someone the person is offline or out of office, so in this case I wouldn't want to mention that person.

Right now in this version 1.2.00.1758 (64-bit) I only see the Name

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Design a UX that has a better flow.

The tabs and different options (calling, IM, teams) are clumsy to navigate. More swiping to other more detailed views could help. The replacement options for Skype for Business are not full replacements so presence and just flowing between conversations is more labored.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot click user's Start button in screenshare

When using screen share and taking control of the user's screen, I am unable to click anything in the Teams sidebar nor the Start Menu, as my Teams sidebar comes into effect and covers up the section I need to click. This needs some work and would make it a very good alternative to AnyDesk, Teamviewer, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why include a group desciption if it is not shown?

We add a team description but it does appear in the logical place I expected it. My colum for displaying team names is limited and upon hovering over the name the full name appears but this was where I was expecting the description to appear. Could they appear jointly? I belive only team owners can see the desciption as it require team editing access option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. File share link option should be removed

When I share a link to a file that is on teams, I get the option to choose a teams link or a sharepoint link.

This option should be invisible to the user and should not be a question. A short url should be created that is shareable and where the link points to should be dynamic and not a end user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Icon for "we're switching you to your other account"

It's surprising and disappointing that the "we're switching your account" icon is a generic tech white male with a beard, and there's no way to change it and it doesn't cycle through any other options. Just feels tone-deaf in 2019 and strange when MS has so many other existing icons of people it could be at least cycling through. I notice the icon is animated in some way-- I would have loved to see that design effort go toward making the visuals more inclusive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Favorites/More column has too much vertical whitespace

There is too much vertical whitespace in the Favorites/More column of the Teams screen. With a Teams window and an Outlook window open to approximately the same heights, on the same monitor/same resolution, etc., I can only view about 14 to 15 Team names without scrolling, whereas Outlook has no trouble listing about 28 to 29 folder names in a similar amount of height. The big difference is that the gaps between the names of Teams are almost as tall as the Team names themselves. Surely there doesn't need to be that much vertical whitespace to display that list?
    Trying…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base