Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include Drafts in 'My Activity'

Currently there's no way to track reply/post/chat drafts.
    The 'My Activity' feed seems a natural place to put this.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot cancel post edit

After selecting "Edit" on a post you cannot cancel the edit even after quitting the app. (There's no "Cancel" option and "Esc" doesn't do anything.) You have to "Send" the non-edited post, which then shows the post as "Edited" even though it wasn't.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. left justification of conversation feed

The main conversations view has everything center justified. Makes it hard to read. Slack does a great job of making the core conversation UX compact, readable and scannable.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Making panes adjustable

Can we have the functionality to adjust the sizes of the panes?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let user reorder tabs

Tabs on the left might be better if the individual user can reorder them to their liking and use

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a functionality enabling to merge / split Teams Group

Organizations evolve and teams or projects split or merge. A functionality enabling splitting or merging Teams Group (and thus retrieving easily Files, OneNotes, etc...) would stick to "real life"

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Short Links - like OneNote links

Copying links to locations in OneNote and pasting into other places creates a short HTML link in a format "Location (Web View)". Something similar in Teams would be brilliant. Pasting links to places or documents in Teams (even within the Teams environment) results in gargantuan strings like:

https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/files/abcde?threadId=19%3A5284adh639fm85844c01ad0e633c0e7f272b%40thread.skype&messageId=1507595897215&ctx=channel&context=New%2520Phase%252F01%2520Client%2520Issued%2520Documents%252FCore%2520Dialogue%2520Documents

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. share a link to local version of documents (file:///)

It would improve usability for a team on a LAN to be able to use links to local folders. Can this feature be added? I just want to have a clickable link to Windows File Explorer, like you can with html.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove recommended users

I always see the same recommended users, with no way of hitting a x to remove them. One of those users left our company years ago for example.
    Now there's no way to say 'no thanks, I don't want / need to add this user to my list'. It just keeps showing up.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add an option to collapse the sidebar to get a full page view of the chat window

Add a way to collapse and expand the user list on the side to focus on one conversation (or any ui settings beyond themes)

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams startup in system tray only

Please create an option for Teams to startup in the system tray only. I can get more people to use it that way! I really like this app so far!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Too much wasted space used, you need a compact view with the ability to hide the side bar, pictures and the chat field is way too wide.

Too much wasted space used, you need a compact view with the ability to hide the side bar, pictures and the chat field is way too wide.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Combine Chat and Teams

It would be great if 'Teams' and 'Chat' were in the same navigation along the left rail. I constantly have to jump out of chat and over to Teams when someone adds a message there and not in the 1 on 1 Chat. Teams seems like a Group Chat

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Too much white space in UI and not enough message density

There is far too much graphical 'white space' between messages in teams. It is not serving any value and is wasteful. For example move the 'Reply' button to the right of the message rather than below, the Reply button being below every message wastes valuable vertical space. On top of this there is a 'gap' or border and moat between each message. Compare to mIRC, Slack or other chat clients one can review much more messages and read more seamlessly without having to scroll as often. In other words, make it more chat client'y and less email client'y.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PLEASE make the scroll bar darker, especially in Planner

PLEASE make the scroll bar darker, especially in Planner. It's hard to see and just plain annoying.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a favorites tab that keeps my favorite teams and chats in one place.

On the left-hand panel there should be a "Favorites" Tab, that list all of my favorited Teams and chats in one place. Having two separate tabs for Teams and Chats is annoying. Also, when you go to the "Favorties tab" it should group the Teams and Chats separately. Thanks.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. support a more "dense" layout

There is lots of whitespace (at least in the browser app) leading to lots of scrolling. Would be nice if there would be a more compressed layout

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tabs appearance customization

Tabs are of great help when it comes to productivity enhancement. We can already change a tabs name, but it would be awesome to be able to further customize them (font color, back color) or, even better, to display small icons matching the corresponding program (PDF, PPT, OneNote, etc.). This way, it would be easier to work with many tabs and have a quick overview of what has been pinned in a given channel. Thanks in advance!

Simple workaround in the meantime: I personally use special characters in front of the name of the tab. For instance:
    ⎙This doc
    ⎙That…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display keyboard shortcuts in hover states

I love using keyboard shortcuts to speed up my work. Please consider adding keyboard shortcuts to hover states to help learn what the keyboard shortcuts are.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We need the ability to work offline

Maybe in other areas of the world this is not such a big issue, but in South Africa this is a major issue. If you are in the airplane you are unable to access anything in teams, or if you are in area with weak or no internet connectivity. This make this functionality very much impractical to use.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base