Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Having red squares as the Team icon is HORRID. Red should only be a highlight for action items, and used by choice.

Please don't include red as an icon color for teams. It should be for action items and used as a "by choice" highlight. Using at as part of the regular icon color set downgrades the usefulness as a highlight color and is unpleasant to look at.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ugly ui

I Set reminders, send messages to ourselves, copy Slack UI, solve confusion between channels and chats, get rid of the mandatory ‘general’ chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show Activity and chat by hover

When I'm working with a document, I can miss a notification and just see that something has happened in the activity or chat section. It would be great to see what it's about just by hovering over the sections so I can decide if it worth exiting the document (it's quite a loading pain entering and exiting documents back and forward). Maybe just the new notifications can show by hover?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make creating a new thread and replying to an existing thrread harder to mix up

It's far too easy to respond to a conversation when you meant to post a new conversation, and vice versa. Make this much harder to mix up, or at the very least don't show any indication of deleted posts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Following Channels Overview

Give me a screen with a simple list of all the channels I am following in the mobile app and give the ability to un-follow them from the same screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. lasst die Umfragen-Nerverei weg !

lasst die Umfragen-Nerverei weg !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Missing "Manage my account" button

There is no way for the user to navigate to their Microsoft account from within the Teams app. The user can only change one aspect of their account the profile image. The "Change picture" button should be a "manage account" link. This would allow users to change and update any of their information and make the teams app feel more connected to the rest of the ecosystem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In Activity, under "Type a new message" -> Align the tool-tip at the top of the cursor

Hover over Format, Attachment, or any of the other items in this area and the tool tip appears at the bottom of the cursor (installed on a Windows 7) making it hard to read.

Placing the tool tip at the top of the cursor, eliminates this difficulty.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. why does she think she is posting this request in the team site?

It just occurred to me Monica thinks she is posting this request on some Team Site, which I could not find. Why does she think that is what she is doing?

If the attached is like this for everyone that sends a chat post on my personal page but thinks they are doing it from a team page, with 8 team sites and growing I will never be able to figure this out. I have looked on every team site and don't see her post and we are on multiple teams together.
    Much better to receive an email from her…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Clicking on chat in recent view gets wrong chat

Several times recently on my Mac I've clicked on a chat in in the Chat > Recent view and started typing. Instead of opening the chat that I clicked on, however, Teams opened a different recent (non-pinned) chat.

In all intances that I recall where this happened, Teams was not the focused window.

The difference between clicking on a chat when Teams has focus and when it doesn't seems to make for unpredictable behavior. This is exacerbated by the fact that Teams has its own titlebar look rather than the native look, where the usual cues for focused vs. unfocused…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the markdown code styling more distinctive

The code text in other apps, e.g. Slack, is very distinctive (often red), making it easy to identify/find these bits of text. In Teams the lighter color has the opposite effect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The UI element showing classification labels is too narrow

We need more than 20 chars for our classification lables shown in the upper right corner. Right now the text is centered and cut off both to the left and to the right

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 'Share a link' also when file is outside a channel folder

When I try to 'Share a link' to a file from a post and the file is not in the same channel folder (or belonging tree) as the channel where the post is written, I only get the option to get the option to 'Upload a copy'. I always want to share link to avoid version cluttering.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More design choices in setting up a class Team

I would like to be able to rearrange components and select the landing page. So I might put conversations as a feed on the landing page which might be a web page with intro information and a tour of the course. I think we should be able to rename the General channel and hide default tabs eg Class Notebook if that is not being used. We should be able to change the order of tabs including default ones. We should be able to replace the image at the top of Conversation tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Where the heck is the border?!? Where's Help-> About to know which version is installed? Why doesn't it operate like a windowed applicaito

Improve Lync.
    Where the heck is the border of the Window?!?
    Where's Help-> About to know which version is installed?
    Why doesn't it operate like a windowed application?
    Why doesn't it have some of the most basic behaviors of a typical Windows application?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. auto close side menu list after click or enter

the chat list keep display after select the channel.

Please auto close it.
    it is better when i just want to use keyboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Send same attachment to multiple people

Every time I want to send the same picture or attachment to different people it always says already uploaded. Please allow sending the same attachment or picture to multiple people in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.