Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have the row of people's faces at the top of the Teams window, closer to the webcam on a laptop/Surface

When someone is presenting, the row of people's faces is currently at the bottom of the screen.
    It would be great if these were at the top of the screen, so that they are closer to a laptop's webcam. This makes it easier to keep eye (camera) contact and engage better with the other people on the call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. يمكن للجميع ان ينشئ دردشة

ان ييمكن للجميع ان ينشئ دردشة

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add "show location" to "..." menu for shared files.

Hey,

I often find myself trying to find where a file is stored in the "Files" section when it shows up in a post as I want to be able to find it again without having to scroll through pages and pages of posts or having to rely on the near useless search in teams.

As of now this is really hard. One can try to identify the location from the horrible links which are being created or one can open it in the desktop app and start saving a copy + pressing browse. Both is really really cumbersome.

There…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. While sharing desktop/file, Can we have an option to see attendees list?

While sharing desktop/file, Can we have an option to see attendees list? sometimes you don't know who is online and have joined.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Could be possible in Grades, add tags column and filter

In grades, besides the existent columns, add the tags column, and with that column permit filter visible students, this would facilitate register grades by group of students

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. left navigation: make it smaller or option to hide.

Given the new add-ins you have produced (sharepoint Lists) it would be good to be able to reduce the left navigation pane to allow expansion of the headings from the SP list, as i currently have to scroll to view the different headings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Specific color/icon when someone is "in a call" or "in a meeting"

right now all Busy, In a call, or In a meeting look the same - you have to hover over the red icon to display what is the current status - and people never usually do - It is not the same to ping someone while they look as Busy than when they are In a call - It should be easier to identify each status and this also helps to set expectations on response time to pings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Status colour between "In a call" and "Busy" should be different.

Status colour between "In a call" and "Busy" should be different as it's difficult to spot if someone is in a call when trying to ring them up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Separate status icon for call and busy mode

As of today same icon been used for being in call as for busy mode.Where the prior will be set automatically and later will be set manually.If there would be separate icon for both call and busy mode we would identify whether the user is actually in call/busy mode

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. User Interface: Make the width of columns (Favorites, Teams/Channels) adjustable (Desktop App)

Let me adjust the width of Favorites and Teams/Channels columns in the user interface of the desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Behavior when moving from “Activity” to “Team” in the Teams app bar

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のアプリバーの "最新情報" から "チーム" に遷移する際の動作について
    Behavior when moving from “Activity” to “Team” in the Teams app bar

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のアプリバーから "最新情報" でチームの内容を確認した後、"チーム" をクリックして遷移する際は直近で確認した "最新情報" のチームに遷移できる機能の方が便利なため機能を戻してほしいです。

以前は Microsoft Teams のアプリバーから "最新情報" をクリックしチーム内の会話を閲覧した後、"チーム" をクリックすると、"最新情報" で確認した直近のチームに遷移してましたが、現在は "最新情報" で確認した直近のチームが表示されず、"チーム" で操作していた直近のチームが表示されるため以前の機能の方が便利です。

After viewing team information in “Activity” on the Teams app bar, when you click “Team” it was more convenient to be taken to the team you were viewing in “Activity” so please make it work like this again.

Previously when you clicked “Activity” on the app bar and checked the team chat, “Activity” would take you to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams Onscreen Space Usage needs to be optimized

I think below need to improve
    1) When someone is sharing screen, you do not have optino to see full screen - by removing all unnecessary icons of Teams on screen
    2) You do not have option to hide team members present in meeting
    3) you dont have option to remove icons on top - they should disapaer and reappear upon courser move - its simple thing available in Skype
    4) Its all black screen - you dont have option to change settings to other colors
    5) see how course clicks can be reduced for useful features instead of putting…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create Daily email of user's teams activity

For those that must Time-log on a daily basis, Keeping track of time spent in Teams can be overwhelming/impossible. Would like to be able to get a daily/weekly email of time spent on Teams (as active window? typing in conversation?) summarized by conversation

Conversation with Bob and Jim: 15 minutes
    Conversation with Sally: 10 minutes
    ad-hoc call with Joe and Shirley: 25 minutes

etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. You should improve ui by following video https://youtu.be/sLib5QX9qMw

Microsoft should learn from these following video to improve ui please look at once

https://youtu.be/sLib5QX9qMw

https://youtu.be/GksehGJccqQ

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Full message on the meeting popup

before the meeting, Teams meeting popup shows up to remind me the next meeting. But the message on the prompt is cut down from the middle and I’m not sure which meeting is coming. It would be great if I can see the full meeting title on the popup.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. call duration in individual chat

You are showing call duration in group meetings, similarly you can show call duration in individual chat, as once call is finished, you asked about how was the quality, at the same time you can show call duration for with that particular person. This will assist to track the things easily. Instead of going to activity and check the details.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Differentiate Status between Away and Busy & Away

Currently, the Away status (yellow) takes precedence over Busy (red) after a period of 5 minutes of inactivity. This often makes it seem like you're unavailable or away from your computer, when you may just not be actively engaging; like participating in a meeting, using a non-Teams video conferencing app, or working on physical mediums.

I would propose that you either: 1.) allow this to be a setting, to allow Busy to take precedence over Away (perhaps differentiating inactivity with a locked computer), or 2.) signify if you are Busy and also Away/Inactive. You could do this with a Red…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd like to be able to create, edit, and delete Teams policies that include a special character, especially the "&" and "-" symbols.

I inadvertently created a few Teams policies a few weeks ago that contained an ampersand (&) in the policy title, as I hadn't read the fine print about creating custom meeting policies (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-policies-in-teams). Unfortunately, from then on, I couldn't modify or delete the policies. It was only after spending several hours on the phone with a Microsoft Teams Technical Representative that they were able to replicate the problem and walk me through the PowerShell ISE commands needed to delete them.

As a result, I would like one of two outcomes: a) change the Teams code to allow certain…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How do does Classification in Call Quality Dashboard calculate Good, Unsatisfied, Poor values?

I believe Poor value is calculated by Poor streams/ (Poor streams+ Good streams) * 100, but the value is sometimes not relevant.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it easier to switch between teams/organizations/logins

I have one login for work, and one login for personal use (hotmail/outlook) which is split between two different organizations. I get having to log out and then log back in again to switch between accounts (for work/personal use), but it should really be more seamless for me to switch between organizations on my personal account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base