Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Floating menu on top left corner

It would be handy to have the normal floating menu on top left corner of the window. Almost all the windows programs have this menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ignore adding Japanese Ruby (Furigana) Characters to selected: Katakana characters English characters

How can I have the Phonetic Guide to:
    Ignore adding Japanese Ruby (Furigana) Characters to selected:
    Katakana characters
    English characters (it just shows the same English character)
    numbers (it just shows the same number)
    some special characters (like '-', '=', '<', '>', '/', '$', '%', '^', '&', '*', '+', '|', etc) (it just shows the same character)
    other special characters (like '@', '#', '→') (it just shows the name of the symbol spelled out)
    Apply Japanese Ruby (Furigana) Characters to a whole document (or at least, to a "Select All")?
    There seems to be some kind of limit to the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams has a behavior where it relaunches after an update. This is very disruptive as it interrupts work that I am doing. Background instead?

Teams has a behavior where it relaunches after an update. This is very disruptive as it interrupts work that I am doing. Could this be done in the background instead?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Aw shucks, but I like this featur! :-)

Try using those back buttons when you’re in a video call and you’ll find it useful too, I promise.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

5. Why is Teams so giant and takes up so much of the screen?

Skype is a smaller interface, easily tucked away; smallest I can make teams is 1/4 of screen. The glory of Skype is that is was low key. I feel like everyone around me can read messages on Teams. I definitely won't be using this app until it has a smaller, more subtle, & private interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Let users configure things like latest message at the top etc

Let users configure teams to work like the chat app they prefer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow camera output to be moved/rearranged

All the camera images are arrayed at the bottom of a meeting screen, but my camera is sitting on the top of my monitor. Especially when there is a presentation in the forefront and someone is speaking, I tend to look at the camera output of the person speaking, and thus anyone looking at me sees my eyes looking down rather than at them they way you would in a direct conversation. If I could move the camera displays up to the top of the window near my physical camera, it would appear more natural like I was making eye…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. when in meetings, ability to hide the contacts below taking up valuable screen space

when in meetings, ability to hide the contacts below taking up valuable screen space. Why not have them on the left/right side where there is normally plenty of screen space on wide screen monitors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. set focus on textbox when adding a contact

when you add a contact to an existing chat group ("add contact to this group"), please set the focus in the textbox that allows to enter the name and don't let the user click another time. This would save so much time and make it more fluent

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make posting images alot easier, similar to how users can post on instagram

Is there an easier way to post news and photos into a teams Chanel similar to how it is done on Instagram.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Different icons for 'Open in Desktop App' and 'Open in Browser'

Opening a file in teams has 3 options: 1. Edit in Teams, 2. Open in Desktop App, 3. Open in Browser

I almost always want to open in desktop app - can this be set as a default option or get an icon that is different than the 'open in browser' option?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add channel topic

Allow users to set the topic on a channel. This is convenient for posting announcements or in our case we post the current integration branch for our development team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Design

Recently migrated from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams. Can we make it compact in design so that we can keep it open like a messenger and monitor users presence and just click on the user and explore all the available options for communication like voice, video, meeting scheduling etc. As of now it's big page covers the whole screen and to check it need to toggle the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Move new conversation into previous one

When replying to a thread, I frequently accidentally start a whole new conversation. Then I have to copy what I just wrote, paste it as a new reply to the other conversation, and delete the new one I wrote.

It would be great if you could drag/drop your new conversation into an existing conversation. The drag/drop ability maybe should only be enabled for 10 seconds after you created your new conversation, to prevent accidentally moving things around.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I click on a team channel in the flyout selection screen, the flyout should close.

Click on Teams icon in left nav and the flyout selection screen is shown. Then click on a team channel. The flyout selection doesnt close.

ESC doesnt make it go away. Clicking in any part of the screen that isnt part of the flyout and isnt the text entry box doesnt make it go away either. Very annoying that this kind of UI defect exists in the first place, as it should have been noted and corrected before it even left the developer's computer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix Teams so that the scroll wheel on my mouse works reliably.

Rarely, while in the middle of editing a wiki document, Teams will stop responding to my mouse wheel. I can still hover over the scroll bar to make it appear, and then click and drag it, but when this happens, the only fix is to quit Teams (not just close the window, but sign out and kill it in Task Manager) and re-open it.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, version 1903.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. open minimized or otherwise NOT full screen

i cannot find a way to make the app NOT open full-screen. Its way to dominant (borderline obnoxious). All the app to open partial screen or at last usage size.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The UX and iconography used in Teams looks cheap and not in keeping with Office 365

The whole app needs a UX overhaul, it looks and feels clunky, nothing matches the look and feel of Office 365, and the layout and navigation is completely different on every platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to Open a Second Window

Often times I am using information from one team channel to update information in another. The inability to open a second Teams window makes this difficult. The ability to open a Team or Channel in a new window would be a great addition.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Throw it away and start over!

Worst app ever made! It's like it was made by a thousand developers with their own idea how it should work and look and none of them collaborated with each other, then in the end some poor guy had to smash all the code together to make this piece of garbage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.