Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Here's a suggestion: Add a SETTINGS button! Where the heck do you even access the settings?

Here's a suggestion: Add a SETTINGS button! Where the heck do you even access the settings?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do not Disturb icon is somewhat simillar to busy ; needs a change

The icons for Busy and Do not Disturb are so similar sometimes I feel they need a different color.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please implement a feature to show group members in a list, and choose members from there to start chatting

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    グループ内のメンバーを一覧表示し、その中からメンバーを選択して通話を開始する機能の実装希望
    Please implement a feature to show group members in a list, and choose members from there to start chatting

■Description(内容):
    Skype で使えていた機能が使えないため不便を感じています。
    管理者が用意したグループの一覧を用いて、各ユーザーがグループ内のユーザーを選択してグループ通話を開始する機能の実装を希望します。​
    We feel very inconvenienced as the features we used in Skype cannot be used.
    We hope that a feature can be implemented to use group lists that the administrator has prepared, and let users choose the group users from there to begin group chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change the Teams pane to Areas

As everyone knows, linguistically, calling the Teams Areas in Teams "Teams" is horrible (see what I mean).
    We have switched to calling these Areas and it has made the language and user experience much better.

This idea is to adopt this across the board and to change the heading for the teams list in Teams from 'Teams' to 'Areas'.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Skinning and Branding

How about let customer to skin/brand the UI? Instead of "Create a Team", the client can be configured the label to "Create a Engagement" or "New Business", etc. Branding such as adding a company logo instead of the default.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have a vision issue, and your program is barely usable. Why are there no accessability options in this program?

This should have accessibility options. I have a vision disability and every time our company IM messes up and we are asked to use your programe I struggle all day due to this. When you have to magnify the size of the text there are no options to make other ui elements smaller or remove them all together to increase the viewing space to an acceptable region.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. keep a file open in the "teams" tab. If I have to jump between chat and file it is extremely frustrating

keep a file open in the "teams" tab. If I have to jump between chat and file it is extremely frustrating

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Changing increasing and decreasing font size icon

In office products the icons for increasing and decreasing font size are the same and users make mistake in using them, If they become different in size it will make a better experience for users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show current zoom scale

I have 2 screen, one is high DPI with a scaling and one isn't.
    After docking/undocking (switching to high DPI and not) a few times, I though I had are weird bug where Teams was stuck in high DPI mode.
    I've tried rebooting, changing compatibility settings, etc. nothing worked.

After a few days, I had the reflex to use ctrl+scroll, which revealed that I was zoomed in...
    If only there was a little scale, or whatever, that showed the current zoom factor (like there is in Word, Excel, Visual Studio), I would of know that it wasn't a DPI bug…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it easier to leave a chat

In the mobile app I had some ... inconsiderate people chatting way after hours. You Mute doesn't work so I looked for a way to leave the chat and couldn't find it. This morning, I Googled and found that's hidden under chat details. Why? Why would you think it's a good idea to hide that? Especially when the Mute doesn't work?

Please put Leave Chat in the same menu as Mute (which doesn't work).

A side note on Mute, which doesn't work. If I select the mute option I should get no notifications for that chat. None. No sound, no…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change 'Posts' back to 'Conversations'

Change Posts back to Conversations. Calling it Posts makes it look like you aren't now in 2-way dialogue with people and not expecting a response. We have yammer for that. 'Posts' goes against the whole team-work / collaboration ethos of teams and the reason for getting behind it. Really odd decision to rename it in this way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Put the "Type a new message" field under a button for "Add a New Topic"

The "Type a new message" box is in exactly the place you would expect a "reply" box to be. Too often, people add a whole new topic that just reads "Sure." What they meant to do was reply to the most recent topic. There is already an item on this list for moving the box to the top of the screen. I propose putting it under a button. Either would work I think.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Streamlined IM/Audio-Video Chat Interface

I would really LOVE to see a separate streamlined IM/Audio-Video Call stand-alone app, executable, or mode of the primary Teams client, similar to the Skype for Business client. I would request this client or interface mode for Windows (UWA), MacOS, Android, iOS, and ChromeOS.

This would make a MUCH more smooth transition for a user coming from Skype for Business.

For a previous Skype for Business user, or for anyone, strictly wanting to use IM/call/video, the Teams client is just much to busy and gets in the way of how we used to be able to message simply with the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Branding Feature

Currently, Teams displays org name on top right if user is part of more than one tenant. Ability to add a company logo on the top similar to Office 365 suite bar will make more distinctive. Also organizations also have guest users using Teams for collaboration. Having this one or two options for branding will certainly help in getting guest users/ customer confidence.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I’m not sure what each Teams indicator means

I want some public article which describe what indicators in Teams mean.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change "Invite this Room" text

We've usability tested Teams Rooms here, and overwhelmingly saw issues when participants attempted to follow the instructions on the "Invite this User" page.

The first step on that page is Outlook-focused, but the Outlook instructions only work reliably for meeting organizers. Our more common scenario is attendees in a secondary location attempting to add a room without being the organizer.

The steps listed for adding a room in Teams are far more reliable (and easier since our beacons are functional), but all participants went sequentially down the list and wasted 5+ minutes before getting to the Teams instructions.

Please either…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Scrolling back through messages is difficult - it's not easy to see when the messages you're viewing were from

At the moment, the day marker, e.g."yesterday" title is quite small, and so when I'm trying to scroll through multiple messages to find things from a specific day it's quite difficult. It'd be great to have something that pops up and tells you which day's messages you're looking at, or just something that makes it more obvious (especially when you're scrolling quite quickly)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Copying or moving of Folder or Folders from One Channel to Another Channel

Due to lack of the above capabilities, we have to create the manual structure for four channels that I have created. Each of the four channels are having similar content, as they have similar goals.

I am surprised that this taken for granted feature in any NAS or File management structure is lacking in Teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Publish release announcements for new features for Teams

It would be great if we could get release announcements for all the new features in Teams, so that we have more chance and time to know about them. Unknown features/menus sometimes make us confused.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base