Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No link destination preview

When hovering over a hyperlink, there is no indication of where the link is going. This means that the user has to copy the link and paste it into a text editor to see where it's going without opening it in a browser.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ellipses option on every post to add thread as a link on a wiki

One difficulty we are having is getting back to past chat threads that are important to our channel...at the moment the choice we have is to endlessly scroll or search.

The text messaging we do in our personal lives really doesn't have that much of a need to scroll back to earlier messages. But in the enterprise we are working on activities over time, and may need to visit a thread from a couple of weeks ago to continue working on it

It would be good if an ellipses on a post would have a selection to add it to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't auto fly-out the sidebar if application isn't focused

The Teams desktop window's hidden side bar auto-opens at inappropriate times. When I'm not using the Team's window (not focused) but my mouse pointer passes over it the side bar flies open and then immediately closes as the pointer is no longer over the window. The effect is a sort of flicker if your pointer is moving quickly.

The effect is very distracting as I'm interacting with multiple applications and Teams happens to be between them. I like to keep the window visible and positioned in a "handy" area so see what's going on and quickly interact with the team,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

This is very valuable feedback. Can you please provide logs?

You can find them here: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams

I’d like to send this to our Performance team.

Thank you for the feedback! We’re listening and appreciate your support.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

4. Show Team name on Label if Channel is "General" in all areas including "My Activity"

This isnt limited to My Acitivities area but its a start, ANYWHERE the channel name label is "General" you really should swap out for the team name. In the screenshot you can see just how useless knowing it was posted to General is. Think about being a member of many teams and posting in general in all of those areas. Think about even if I am posting to just a single team not knowing which team.

Simple change but a functional one. Mobile clients seem to already do this btw. As a Windows Admin I am never happy to see…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multi-person screen share - display more than one screen at a time

Multi-person screen share - display more than one screen at a time

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. always on top

There should be a "pinning" option for pop-out windows: I would like to click on a button, the window should be on top always. That should be an option! Not all windows should be on top automatically!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow video and participant list to be seen while screensharing

When I screenshare, I lose the ability to see other's videos and the participant list. As a facilitator, this makes it challenging to know how to interact with my audience. For example, I can't see if a participant joins late. Check out zoom who seems to have solved this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show seen and delivered as 2 separate icons on same chat

Display the delivered and seen icons at the same time. Therefore you can see the last message seen which could be different to the last message delivered

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Move attendee video windows to top

Move the attendee video bar to the top of the meeting screen. Most web cameras are located at the top of the screen making it seem like the user is actually looking at the group when trying to talk to the attendees.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please don't move the of chat button after click it. It can be accidentally click on Request Control button

Please don't move the of chat button after click it. It can be accidentally click on Request Control button

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why is there a volume slider for a live event but not for a regular conference call?

Why isn't there a volume slider at the bottom of a conference call, just like there is for a live event. Why don't we have this option?

The volume on my computer is set to the level I would listen to a song I like, not to the level I would normally listen to an audio voice. As such, I use the volume slider in apps to raise/lower the volume as needed.

I don't understand why this feature isn't present in an easy-to-access way for Teams conference calls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. To have VR Team Room Meeting

It will be amazing to have VR meeting in Teams. Since COVID-19, there are many requirement for company to arrange virtual conference, gathering where it will be amazing to have it virtually using Microsoft Teams. We can have virtual environment (not only background) and avatar. And as arranger we can have virtual studio to drag and drop environment like mine-craft game using image or custom design room items/blocks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. get the user report of Teams by hours

need Teams usage report by hours

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pop-out window when meeying is going on.

Should be able to pop-out the meeting window, currently it becomes a small window when we navigate to different window .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Move "start a new conversation" to top

Many users make a mistake: instead of answering a thread they start a new conversation.

Please, move the edit box "start a new conversation" to top and leave the replay to thread on the bottom.

An alternative is to change color from "start" and "answer" or making the "start a new conversation" different in any manner.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give option to hide/unhide and delete last chat like skype

There should be option to delete the chat from the screen or hide/unhide the chat. this will be very helpful like skype.
    Sometimes it gives sensitive information when you are sharing the screen. Also, there should be option to open new chat when you are talking to same person. You can correlate the same with skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Easy add user to a contact group, channel or Team

When you see the user inside the organization hierarchy, you could can drag and drop/right click to add it to a group of contacts or channel or a Team...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Email Response via Teams Chat to Decrease Email Use

TLDR: To reduce emails we need a way to appropriately respond to emails via chat. Chat should indicate response is related to email using subject line indicator e.g. "Response to email: [subject line] - [chat answer]" followed by continued chat

There is an option to reply to an email via Teams chat from the email sender. Previously this option worked through Skype and when selected and a chat window with that individual wasn't already open, a new window opened and indicated in some way that the skype chat was responding to the email (perhaps indicating the email subject line?).

Unfortunately…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please a add a video background for iPad please

Please add background video or settings please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shift the "Start a new conversation." box to the left to offset it from the Reply box on threads.

The "Reply" box for a thread in a channel is indented the same as the conversation above it which makes sense.
    However, the "Start a new conversation." box is also indented at the same position, which makes it very confusing for users and makes them think they are replying to a thread when they are actually starting a new conversation.
    It would help the User Experience if the new conversation box was left justified with the user icon of the threads above it. (i.e. moved left about a half inch on my monitor.)
    Having it offset would be a stronger…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base