Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support @ mentions for meetings scheduled withing Teams so invitees get toaster notifications for meetings just like Outlook provides

Support @ mentions for meetings scheduled withing Teams so invitees get toaster notifications for meetings just like Outlook provides

Using @ mentions can get the attention of my team because they heavily rely on toaster messages for handling meetings due to all the "noise" in our organization's email and chat channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Placing all shortcuts back at the bottom of main page

Since the latest update the shortcuts to chat and calls at the bottom of the main page got removed to the menu. Happens only on my Samsung S8. On the Samsung Tab 3 thez appear. Seems to be connected to screen size...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Join or create team button covers last Team in list

I have attached a snip that shows the "Join or Create a Team" button covers up my last entry. (which in this case is the link to show 8 more channels) this happens on the Windows app. resizing fixes it till its used, then it falls back to this again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Standalone apps for each team

Ability to launch separate teams as separate stand alone apps. At the moment the Teams app has the same menu buttons on the left hand side as some of the teams have in the top menu. This makes the use guite difficult for less computer oriented people, who are only on one or two teams. User experience would be a lot better to these users without the left hand menu, which would mean launching each team as a separate app from the desktop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Start over with Teams

Teams is HORRIBLE. It's basically a web app jammed into a thick client. You can't easily see your conversations you have to hover over a stupid tab to see chats. The text and overall chat bubbles are like rusty spoons jammed into my eyes. The color theme feels like I'm booting a computer from the 90s.

Please fire the teams devs and start over.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PERT/CPM View

While Teams gives a good organizational view of a project, it doesn't provide a good view for scheduling. Being able to plan both the individual needs of a project and the critical path/timeline for a project are essential for good project management. While I think it would be difficult to use an interface like Teams to depict project schedules in a Gantt chart, I think it would be interesting if the planner could assign expected due date estimates/time estimates and change the view in Planner to a PERT diagram in order to view total project times.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. new

Allow the user to display conversations with the most recent content at the top of the screen and older content following. The User should not need to scroll or click a button to get to the latest conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Jumplists in Tabs

I would love if you could set multiple files onto a tab so that it could function like a jumplist from the Windows taskbar.

This would give access to grouped Office documents that are often used in conjunction with each other, and also just to clear up the tab area when many are created.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add "time" to store or commands

Would it be possible to add "time" to the store or command list? We are a global company and there is always confusion around regional times. It is especially hard this time of year because different regions start daylights savings time on different dates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tabs at top of team workspace

Have the tabs at the top of the screen (conversations, files, azure, wiki and any apps that have been added to the team) remember where you left off so when you switch between them it doesn't start fresh. It can be annoying starting from scratch when navigating between each pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Left and Right UI arrows while in a doc, please remove

When I'm in a Microsoft DOC or EXCEL online and I scroll with my mouse left or right, and a pop up of a black and white arrow appears and the UI assumes I want to go to next or previous file and does it automatically. It's very frustrating to keeping clicking back in and refreshing because if I scroll too far to left or right it starts all over again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Swap Button positions to Insert Link

When adding a link in conversation the buttons for "cancel" and "Insert" should be swapped since typically the primary button is on the left. It would be even better if "Cancel" were a text link rather than a button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Messaging Apps need to be full screen

Your new messaging apps when you go to add them to your channel they appear half height and don't look great. Can you make them full screen so you can see all the content

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Even your feedback interface is broken

Your app doesn't work. It constantly crashes. Doesn't sync properly on mobile. Even this web page broke when I entered too much text in the subject field. There isn't even an indicator that it's a subject field! It just says start typing. Perhaps you should just recreate slack. Do exactly what they do. Slack is excellent and my company would approve it if it had multiple authentication

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. when I click the teams button it shows list of teams, but full name of team isn't displayed because it has too many characters. Microsoft cu

when I click the teams button it shows list of teams, but full name of team isn't displayed because it has too many characters. Microsoft cuts it off and replaces it with ellipses. And when multiple teams have similar names off the top, it’s impossible to tell which is which when they all start with the same thing but the ending is cut off

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.