Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Swap Button positions to Insert Link

When adding a link in conversation the buttons for "cancel" and "Insert" should be swapped since typically the primary button is on the left. It would be even better if "Cancel" were a text link rather than a button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Messaging Apps need to be full screen

Your new messaging apps when you go to add them to your channel they appear half height and don't look great. Can you make them full screen so you can see all the content

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Even your feedback interface is broken

Your app doesn't work. It constantly crashes. Doesn't sync properly on mobile. Even this web page broke when I entered too much text in the subject field. There isn't even an indicator that it's a subject field! It just says start typing. Perhaps you should just recreate slack. Do exactly what they do. Slack is excellent and my company would approve it if it had multiple authentication

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. when I click the teams button it shows list of teams, but full name of team isn't displayed because it has too many characters. Microsoft cu

when I click the teams button it shows list of teams, but full name of team isn't displayed because it has too many characters. Microsoft cuts it off and replaces it with ellipses. And when multiple teams have similar names off the top, it’s impossible to tell which is which when they all start with the same thing but the ending is cut off

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams feedback - improve the process

I'm sure I won't have been the first to mention this, but what is the story with the weird text entry box that fills less than half the width of the field? Come on Microsoft - you can do better than this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add setting to disable pop-up asking to switch to native teams app

Add setting to disable showing a pop-up asking to switch to the native teams app. I (and likely many others) actually prefer to use a Chrome app for teams instead of the native app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show a badge on the meetings tab when there are meetings which the user has not answered the RSVP.

When the logged in user has received a meeting invitation and did not yet respond to the invitation using Outlook, Teams or anything else the meeting tab should show a badge showing the count of unanswered invitations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Re-opening on Update

I use multiple Windows Desktops. One of them holds 'communication' apps (Teams, Outlook, Internal ticketing). Teams does a dozen updates to itself in a day and re-starts itself. When this happens, Teams opens in whatever desktop I've got open which requires me to push it back to my communication desktop. Very annoying! Can it remember where it was (ie which Desktop) and re-open there?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hide developer tools

I accidentally clicked teams icon 3 times and noticed dev tool context menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export Meetings/Agenda presentation to Outlook Web and web Calendar

The presentation of the agenda and the meeting details in the Meetings tab of the Teams web client is the best presentation (easiest to read and quickly grasp the important details... also pleasant to look at) of these items throughout all of the Office application web clients.

Please meet with the Outlook Web and web Calendar people and demo the Teams web interface to them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. view only background

At some point, when closing apps on the surface in tablet mode, I just saw the background design (diashow). And I really liked it! It's nice to be able to just view the background with nothing else while temporarily not using the device.
    I would like to see that as a feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug: using dictation does not remove watermark

Found a bug. When typing a new message, before any text has been entered, there is a watermark that says 'Type a new message'. When you start typing that watermark goes away. No problem.

However, if you use dictation to enter text, the watermark does not go away. I use dictation by:
    1) Click the Touch Keyboard on the start menu
    2) Click the microphone
    3) Talk

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Simpler UI

the UI is very... colorful. I'd love to see a theme where it is flattened out, matching to other macOS and iOS designs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make individual teams or channels able to be "torn off" (like tabs in I,E) so they can be placed on a separate monito

In I.E tabs can be torn off and then placed in their own screen real-estate (often a separate monitor). Allowing this in teams would allow a fast moving team or channel to be permanently displayed and constantly monitored. Also in mixed reality allow individual teams / channels etc to be placed in dedicated places - for the same reason

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Promote a UserVoice idea via LinkedIN

As a Teams user...
    ...i'd like to promote the UserVoice ideas i support via LinkedIN (in addition of Twitter and Facebook)...
    ...so that i would be able to raise up my chances of seeing my ideas win! :p

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

thank you!  ·  Warren responded

UserVoice isn’t a Microsoft product.

You would need to reach out to UserVoice and put forth the above suggestion so they could possibly enable such a feature.

-Warren

18. Don't return user to Conversation Tab when selecting different Channels

I'm looking for a file and I think it's in a particular channel. I have the channel selected and I've clicked the files tab. If the file isn't there, I'll click another channel name, but the display changes to the conversation tab for this second channel, requiring me to click the Files tab again. It's a second click that I don't want to have to make. If I then want to look in a third channel, it can get very tedious very quickly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A splash screen for use when you are not actively using teams.

I find that I often have teams on my screen when I am not using it. This forces me to have either a past conversation open or content from a random channel displayed on my screen. It would be nice if there was a splash screen that could show useful information and could quickly show notifications as messages come in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. there is so much blank space in each frame. there is also no obvious way to search within channels.

please steal from Asana or Slack... it just looks like a worse Yammer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.