Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save messages on local storage to scroll them quicker

As all messages are saved in cloud it taks too much time awaiting they are loaded while scrolling. Please add local storage saving to show messages immediately when scrolling up

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 詳細表示のボタン化

ブラウザ版で会話全文が見えない時、詳細表示のリンクが見えなくならないようにボタン化して上部に配置する。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The UI should be channel focused rather than team focused, or provide better channel lists

While the teams/channels grouping makes sense from an organization perspective, it doesn't make sense for a user. Either I only see a few teams and i want ALL channels (so why follow) or I am in many teams but only care about a few channels each.

I should have a section of the UI next to chats that shows channels i follow. When I join a team, it should ask if i should follow all channels right away.

This would simplify things when doing login navigation (vs link/alert navigation) once I have decided how the teams and channels will be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. いいね機能について

ヴァージョンアップして、いいねの種類が選べるようになってから、
    いいねを押す速度が遅くなり、使いにくいと感じるようになりました。
    今後は、以下にできたらうれしいです
    単押し→いいね
    長押し→いいねの種類を選べる

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Probably it's a Skype for Business hangover

Probably it's a Skype for Business hangover, but Teams is not as efficient and easy to use as Skype.

I have been using skype for long, and recently moved to Teams, it is bit uncomfortable.
    There are many good Points in Skype I miss here:
    1. Visuals: Well Skype is a apllication which occupies smaller area of the screen while chatting making it more handy tool while performing the actual work. Where as Teams occupies the whole screen. Yes it can be restored to but then I cannot detach it from main window like a messenger should do.

1. Cannot chat…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unify the Microsoft Communication Infrastructre

Do I use Teams to communicate or do I use Outlook? If I split my communication between Outlook and Teams, how do I search for information from a single interface? The separate communication infrastructure is a mess.

With Skype, Skype sessions used to appear in outlook as “Conversations.” Using Outlook, I could search for communication threads through mailboxes and folders as well as Converstions. Loved it!

With Teams there is no interoperability and the communication threads are separated. I have to search through two separate messaging systems to find information.

Terrible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Select all text or more than one page of text in a chat and or print chat

Within Chat, there appears to be no way to select all of the text to copy to the clipboard, nor print the chat to PDF or printer. There is also no way to select more than about one screen of text at a time, because of the way Teams only keeps a small part of the chat in memory and when scrolling up while selecting it will reset the selection when it loads more of the content from the server. So in order to copy text spanning more than one page out of a chat I have to do it…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Should remember the login

Teams keeps asking for a login (why?) and on each occasion it requires me to enter my email and password, as well as asking for an SMS code.

Teams should not require a login, I'm logging in from a domain-joined account. Have you forgotten what Kerberos is?

At the very least, teams should allow me to save the email and password as Skype for Business does.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. editing a message should not resize the message

When selecting the "edit" action for a chat message, the edit control is narrower than when the message is displayed normally. That means the text moves, and you have to re-find the correct place to make the edit.

A minor annoyance, but an annoyance none the less.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Não sobrepor a mensagem com as opções de mensagem

As opções da mensagem (salvar, like...) sobrepõem o texto, o que dificulta a leitura.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it more intuitive...you know, Slack-like

I know you won’t like this but I don’t want to articulate every single UI/UC choice Slack made to give you concrete recommendations. I love using Slack and it’s intuitive, I don’t love using Teams and it’s not intuitive. So just go copy them in that aspect.

Oscar Wilde: “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”

So just to flatter them by imitating this piece (UI/UX) then go crush them with other things.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hiding Chat Recent list is terrible UI design

The triangle that appears/disappears next to Recent under Recent on the Chat blade allows you to accidentally put yourself into a view where it looks like your entire chat history has been cleared with no way to restore it.

The triangle that appears/disappears should be persistent so that it is easily recognizable as collapsed.

See screenshot for details.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. White Systray Icon

It would be great if the Teams icon in the systray would adhere to the same convention as the other icons from the OS:

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. same window

Teams and chats in the same tab/window where I need not switch to see which group or which person has new messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams Desktop Client Should Auto-Poll for Network Connectivity

Every time I startup my computer, Teams starts up quicker than my network connection is established. When this happens, Teams recognizes that I don't have a network connection and fails to continue the startup process and has a message similar to "Something went wrong", and presents me with a "Try Again" button.

MS Teams should, similarly to almost all modern websites, auto-poll the network connection and automatically perform its own "Try Again" process when it detects that the computer has a network connection so that I, the user, don't have to manually click that button and potentially miss notifications if…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make this site mobile friendly

Just lost several paragraphs when I tried to enter my email address. And all my content was reset. Gee thanks. Yes this is a rant, I actually tried to provide some feedback and feels like it was fired back in my face.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. a pinned conversations tab

While there was an idea being worked on to pin a message within a channel, (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16911532-ability-to-pin-message-files-articles-shared-withi) I would like to be able to create a separate tab within a channel to quickly review items that has been pinned/starred/deemed important.

the find feature is good, but falls short for new team members who don't know what to search for, and having a a place to 'store' important organizational knowledge would be very helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. move saved messages icon to more obvious location

The saved messages button is not in a discover-able location. Recommend moving it somewhere else.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. UI stinks

Give me back the lync ui. This one is just pants. Making a call a Conf or just sending a msg is a pain. Sort it or WhatsApp it is

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)