Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Activity and Teams are confusing

I like the chats screen, but the activity and Teams screens get a little confusing. If there is only one chat in a team it would be nice not to see the chat name. Would like to see the activity screen with a more group chat feel instead of every message from a team being separated

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to return to Office 365 from the Teams app

We use the browser in Office 365 to go to a Team which opens the Teams app. But from the Teams app it is not possible to go back to Office 365/SharePoint Online.
    It is possible to create a new tab which opens the website but this is an I-frame and does not look nice. Also you have to log in again to a site that you just visited.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. TeamsOnly mode - Change Skype for Business Sign-On SIP Address

Present the Options icon in the Skype for Business client after a user has been upgraded to TeamsOnly mode, so the user can change the sign-in address.

Once a user has been set to TeamsOnly (UpgradeToTeams) mode, the Skype for Business client displays a new splash screen after sign-in. This splash screen displays a notification that "Your organization is now using Teams", and prevents the user from using the Skype for Business client.

The new Teams splash screen hides the Options box which would allow you to change the sign-in address. For those testing, supporting multiple organizations, or simply have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Left navigation is confusing. activity tab didn't clearly specify between a user and a user in a channel

Left navigation is confusing. Activity tab didn't clearly specify between a user and a user in a channel. I have accidentally sent messages to a whole channel because the last person to respond in that channel is the person I'm trying to message directly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integrate with a single sign-on please! Today When I change my password, I have to sign on separately to OneDrive, Teams and Skype (for Busi

Integrate with a single sign-on please! Today When I change my password on Windows 10, I still have to sign on separately to OneDrive, Teams and Skype (refering to Office365 For Business)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. channel switch

When switching between channels, make the user feel like his action has been instantly taken into account instead of waiting 500ms to 1s.

1. Go on one channel
    2. Hover an other channel : your current channel is in a lighter color and the hover channel is in the main color
    3. Click to go on the new channel : the previous channel is still in a lighter color, untill the new channel is loaded. Makes the user feel like there was a freeze.

Wouldn't it be better if the previous one was instantly uncolored, and the whole UI makes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In a OneNote Tab, allow the ability to expand full view of long Page titles

In a OneNote Tab, if I click on the arrow to expand my view of Sections - I can see all the pages in each section. However, if the page titles are long, I can't see the full title. There is no 'tool tip' indicating the full title when I hover over the page title, and there is no ability to expand the page title's field of view to see the entire title.
    For pages titled in a similar naming convention, this means users have to click on each page to ascertain the differences between the pages.
    Please create a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix display when choosing an existing Plan

When i try to choose an existing plan to add to a tab, the choice is above the dropdown control instead of below it where it belongs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Apply to Your Focus Group

Hello, I'm a power user of Office365 for Enterprise. I'm very passionate about your awesome products. I'd like to be a part of your focus groups to help you with feedback on the customer journey and other insights as the customer. Thanks.

PS Teams has a latency issue on my Surface Desktop app; all 365 apps lag on Chrome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it compatible with Fitts' law by fixing the edges of the window to allow a click to select the app

Fitts' Law is fundamental to GUI design, but the UI used by Teams makes it difficult to take advantage of putting the app in a corner or edge of the screen and being able to just select the app by dragging the mouse to the edge or corner and clicking. This is something that one aught to be able to do without looking, but Teams thwarts this huge time saver.

See [Ask Tog Question #3](https://www.asktog.com/columns/022DesignedToGiveFitts.html)

It is very frustrating to try to select the app and get the feedback page instead. This is easy to do, and most…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better UI

Clunky design, unresponsive desktop app when switching between chats, take a note from WhatsApp

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

thank you!  ·  0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow "Favorites" to include both individuals and team channels.

I'd like to be able to see the individuals I regularly chat with without having to first click "chat". In other words, I'd like to have favorites, or even a new thing called "recent" where all channels and individuals can appear together.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow user to set a video as desktop background/lock screen in Windows 10

Why should I have to go to steam and buy an app (wallpaper engine for example) for a simple feature that would improve the aesthetic atmosphere of Windows? Please consider it in one of your bi-yearly updates! I know many users feel this way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. remote desktop

When using remote desktop, the immediate UI of Teams can get in the way. Need a way to separate it from the interface. If I try to select something on the remote desktop that is along the edges, the UI interface kicks in and prevents me from doing the function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I get a notification about a chat, I want to be able to open that in a new tab, not be directed away from my current page/file

When I get a notification about a chat, I want to be able to open that in a new tab, not be directed away from my current page/file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. improve chat action/detail

move the "like" and "bookmark" actions into a side panel.

require the user to click/select a message that would bring up a side panel with the chat detail/information (date, time, etc) and include the "like" and "bookmark" actions there.

additional features could be added like comments/notes, tagging or other context-relative features like url preview.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Copy paste function sucks!

Make it possible, and make it usable!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.