Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delay marking first item as 'read' in the activity feed when you first go in

When I enter the Activity channel within the desktop app, the top item is marked as being read before the channel has even loaded! It's very off putting and doesn't fit in with how I expect the feed to work. I want to actually have time to read the item first before it being marked as read. As it is, I normally scan down to list to see older items first so having this item marked as read is very unhelpful as I expect to come back to it later. Even a 5 second delay would go some way to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. resize text editor

In the conversations area, be able to resize the text editor box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Drag Insert Link Popup

When inserting a link into a conversation, a popup dialog box pops up to enter information. This popup can cover important information I'd like to look at while I'm typing text into it.

Please make it possible to drag this dialog to a different location on the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mimic Slacks app

There is a lot of white space in the Teams App compared to the slack app. It's sluggish and takes up more real estate on your monitor. Its clunky and doesnt flow well. Teams and chat are in separate tabs. It's takes more clicks to get your want to go. What's the purpose of having your calendar in the app? There is already an app for that. Microsoft should go all the way and combine Outlook and Teams. One app for colaboration and communication

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scheduled Meeting popup and/or header to join

When I have a scheduled meeting, Teams should give me a header bar that says you have a meeting, Join it now. Also, just like when I receive a call, Teams should give me a call invite for the meeting that I can answer.

A small refinement could be to give me the popup, and if I don't answer, or if I leave the meeting early, give me a header bar in the main gui to join/rejoin.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. About the role selection of 4 or more members

When I add a member, it may not be able to select a role.
    If I add more than 4 members at a time like a PNG image, I can not select the role of the fourth person or later.
    I want you to be able to select the role of the member at any time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Icon for "we're switching you to your other account"

It's surprising and disappointing that the "we're switching your account" icon is a generic tech white male with a beard, and there's no way to change it and it doesn't cycle through any other options. Just feels tone-deaf in 2019 and strange when MS has so many other existing icons of people it could be at least cycling through. I notice the icon is animated in some way-- I would have loved to see that design effort go toward making the visuals more inclusive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix Per Monitor Aware Scaling

Although Teams under Windows 10 is now Per-Monitor Aware, Some UI Elements are still too tiny or too big, which is present in docking/undocking scenarios. For instance, when the screen resolution changes from 100% to 200% (when docking off a monitor and switching to a highdpi laptop screen), Teams rescales, but hovering over elements appear or opening the file explorer in teams (->upload file) are too tiny (i.e. 100% scaling). I think at some points, Teams still uses old Win32 legacy code which does not scale properly, since all other applications (Chrome, Windows Exploxer) can handle mixed DPI environments quite…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams should allow us to select what buttons/panels we want to display by default

There are a few hard coded buttons on teams. Activity, chat, meetings, etc. It would be nice to choose which ones to display, including integrations such as planner. There are plenty of room to display those and there is no need to have a ellipsis button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We should be able to have more than 1 panel visible at the same time

By default we only have 1 panel visible at a given time. It could be the chat panel or teams panel. It would be nice to have 2 or more panel opened at the same time. For example, we could keep the meeting panel opened while chatting with somebody or with a team. We could keep this panel opened at the right side all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. sketch

Add a connector plugin for http://sketchapp.com to get faster feedback from client, team and testers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assignments part takes too long to load

The GUI for the mobile app should be simplified as a lot of students don't always have the best phones and internet connections for some parts to load quickly or even load at all. Sometimes they cost us valuable points in assignments and we're lucky if our professors are understanding. Some may not be. The app and services are great, the GUI just has to be a bit more minimalistic and simplified so that all services work great at all times and people can save time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It is supposed to be ironic that a Microsoft made for "Windows" only can ever have at maximum one concurrent Window?

I have, as of today, been forced to give up Skype for Business. I am finding I am no longer able to work on a document in Teams while having a conversation now! I have to change screens completely to talk to someone, and then click back to get back to the document. Does Teams not support pop out WINDOWS for WINDOWS?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Where is the settings button to customize the layout?

There are multiple buttons for "store" but none I can find for "settings". Where is it? Do we have to install or buy a plugin to access settings? *confused*

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It looks blunt and too professional

Need to have bigger icons like Skype, making similar to Skype but having the coolness of slack.
    It look some one single huge plain app. Not impressive

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove popup when returning to internal Team from external Team

Please remove or improve the confusing popup that occurs when I return to my internal Team tenant from an external Team tenant. The prompt text and button action interrupt the user flow and default action.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In Teams carousel, lable archived Teams

Archived teams are presented in the Teams carousel, which is nice because it provides access to archived information. But I would like if the carousel labeled the team as archived -- joining a team expecting to participate in an active discussion but finding that the team is archived wastes time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 文字の大きさがクライアント側で変えられない

クライアントのアプリケーションで表示文字のサイズくらいは変えられるようにしたい。
    一般的なアプリケーションでは普通に出来ることが出来ないようでは競争が激しいSNS分野としては遅れていってしまう。

1 vote
    Sign in