Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Additional Streaming Layouts for Team Live Events

currently you can choose between two streaming layouts (e.g. full screen or screen beside cam).
    There would be so many cool other layout options to improve live events e.g.:
    - Two speaker side by side (split screen)
    - presentation on the left but two speaker on the right
    - 4 speaker on screen
    - large cam, small screen sharing content

Whatever the ideas are endless, but currently this is really limiting some streaming experience, for example if you have two speakers debating something I want to show both, but I can't.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Branding Feature

Currently, Teams displays org name on top right if user is part of more than one tenant. Ability to add a company logo on the top similar to Office 365 suite bar will make more distinctive. Also organizations also have guest users using Teams for collaboration. Having this one or two options for branding will certainly help in getting guest users/ customer confidence.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. background color ( example pale yellow ) for conversations that has not been sent

This should be screened by accessibility, but somehow change the back ground or add something visually significant on conversation text that has not yet been sent.

Too many time I have text sitting after I was done, waiting to be sent, and people waiting for my part of the conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Expand theming functionality

Expand the theming capabilities.

Currently we can just use preset themes, and even then we're limited to only 3: light, dark, dark high-contrast.

One of my personal pet peeves why I'm leaning towards Slack over Teams is because Slack has a plethora of themes + enables me to create my own custom color scheme to fit my liking. Through the same functionality Slack also helps any visually impaired user to adjust their view to fit their needs while Teams disregards this completely by only allowing use of preset themes that cannot be modified (on top of being limited only to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scrolling back through messages is difficult - it's not easy to see when the messages you're viewing were from

At the moment, the day marker, e.g."yesterday" title is quite small, and so when I'm trying to scroll through multiple messages to find things from a specific day it's quite difficult. It'd be great to have something that pops up and tells you which day's messages you're looking at, or just something that makes it more obvious (especially when you're scrolling quite quickly)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Email Groups to Favorites

In the Chat section, under Favorites/Contacts, I should be able to add an entire email group (From O365, Azure, etc) as a Group.

Once the group is added, it would then list the contacts of that group.

Currently you have to create a Group for that group and add each individual manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Environment dependent characters won’t be properly shown

When you type environment dependent Japanese character like ”令和” (reiwa), it’s shown as a square and won’t be converted properly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to Open a Second Window

Often times I am using information from one team channel to update information in another. The inability to open a second Teams window makes this difficult. The ability to open a Team or Channel in a new window would be a great addition.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Themes

Why not having the Skype Theme Color function instead of this ugle purple design.
    More flexible solution here is needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Don’t show the current sign-in account automatically in the Teams desktop app

I would like to hide or change the sign-in account currently shown in the credential prompt when signing in to the Teams desktop app, because by default, the Windows credential will be shown automatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Drag and drop files to the chat

It will be more comfortable drop files to whole chat's window (like Slack, Telegram). Now you need to move the file to the text field in the bottom.

Use Teams on Mac

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Just make it reliable and give me audible alerts on my PC

I use a PC. Some colleagues use a Mac.

(1) Often the status of a Mac is not shown correctly to a PC user and visa versa. Just make it work reliably. Eg, a colleague is showing on my screen as unavailable yet shows as available on his.

(2) I can get an alert on my Apple phone and Apple Watch but not on my PC why! I shouldn't have to rely on my Apple Watch to know I have a new chat. This is terrible.

(3) When I do a meeting via Teams, allow me to give a phone…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customize Status List that will be available all the time.

Under status, would like to be able to add customized status that would remain where I could choose it periodically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pinned contacts sorting

I'd love the ability to sort my pinned contacts by most contacted, first/last name, or other parameters. It becomes too jumbled and doesn't have any convention to sort them now which becomes confusing quickly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Background colors for contacts in contact list, groups, channels, use screen more efficiently

Hi,
    could you allow set different colors for persons in contact list, teams? It will significantly simplify finding needed contact. Now the whole list is looks solid and you need to read every line to find needed person. It will be much easier to find and navigate if you mark person in contact list with some specific background.
    Why panel with messages is used so not rational? Why text cant be justified by full available width? There a lot of empty area. Especially in full screen. And padding between messages can be decreased as well. (my screen 1920x1200).

Thank you! …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Replying vs New Message Confusion

Replying vs New Message

Many times throughout the day, members of our team either don't scroll down to see a reply button or just outright confuse the new message input field with the reply button and end up replying to a message and making a new thread. This has become increasing more frustrating and has created a bit of chaos in how our threads are organized. I highly recommend updating the UI to be more like slack in that way or pull out the new message input and make it into a fab button to prevent the confusion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change cancel meeting confirmation options

The cancel meeting confirmation popup gives two options: Cancel and OK. It's confusing to see Cancel here because it seems like I should Cancel to confirm.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 詳細表示のボタン化

ブラウザ版で会話全文が見えない時、詳細表示のリンクが見えなくならないようにボタン化して上部に配置する。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. See More Link: Too hard to see!

The "See More" link should be a solid bar or something so it stands out more. Often times people miss additional content because this link is too hard to see.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base