Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize channel view

Being able to customize the default view for a channel would be very useful. For example having a top bar with channel description, being able to add alerts, infos or warnings per channel, ... Would be very useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The "Use the app version" screen keeps on appearing

Despite repeatedly dismissing the advertising to use the app version, it keeps on showing up every once in a while.

How many times does one need to indicate that they're not interested in installing an app before the hint is taken?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. hand tool in pdf reader

Dear team,
    We so highly need a hand tool in PDF reader tool.
    Can't leave without that, please add.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep the known issues list updated

Keep the known issues list for TEAMS updated … at minimum monthly with all of the changes being implemented. Thank you!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/known-issues

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. My selected call settings should be automatically used for future calls

My selected audio/video on/off settings should be used for every call without me having to explicitly confirm them before joining a call. This is very user-UNfriendly, because it makes me have to perform another click on EVERY meeting join, which delays me joining the meeting.

Is Teams supposed to help me get my job done, or get in my way and make me think about it every time wondering why I don't have audio?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. UI issues scheduling a Teams meeting...

Currently the Teams Schedule Meeting UI (on Windows 10 app) must display within the Teams app window. This results in some critical portions of the Team Schedule Meeting UI to not be displayed properly. I could not find any way to manipulate the existing Teams Schedule Meeting window to display all the content without Discarding the Meeting and resize the full Teams Client. See attached.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better UX

My entire company is having a really hard time adjusting to the thread semantics of Team conversations. Also it is really easy to accidentally start a new conversation instead of reply to an existing one which I believe is a ux problem. also there is an intermittent bug where if a conference call comes through I don't always get a prompt for it so I can't accept nor can I cancel the request I just have to let it ring and ring and ring.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it easier to add contacts

I looked through the UI and I couldn't figure out how to actually add a contact anywhere. The interface is extremely confusing as opposed to Skype where adding a contact is very straightforward.

I had to look up on Google how to add a contact because of how confusing it is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Different Teams Templates

I'm not a fan of the colors that are defaulted in Teams. An easy way to change that to another layout would be great

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. let me see a complete history like skype.

This is a mess. I can't find anything - previous conversations, colleagues to start a chat. Honestly whoever designed this should be fired. It simply isn't intuitive and is a pain in the a$$ to use.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Default set as not followed for channel

Default setting a channel as now followed will prohibit notifications to be send to the party. The person is not even noticing that they are added to teams and a channel. For making it a good collaboration platform, it needs to notify on messages. Overloading all messages to everyone without checking user interest is not good as well, probably a middle ground with a follow channel button prominent on the screen will make them see that and click if they are interested. When added to a channel ot may notify user with email and push as necessary to ensure that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. UI needs work mobile

It’s a little hard to go through notifications in the current layout. It’s easier to see notifications per channel or ad a badge to a team with bolded text with whatever channel has a new message. The notifications tab isn’t something I want to have to see on a separate tab. Its more intuitive (in my opinion) to see the notifications per team then see which channel has new messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add speed controls for audio media files (EG, MP3)

While playing back audio media files, it's often helpful to set speed to 1.25x - 2.0x. This is supported in players such as most popular podcasting apps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have teams list collapses by default or make it a choice in settings for the mobile client

In the mobile client the list of teams is always shown expanded with all the channels below. If you’re a member of many teams (10+) then this is quite the long list to scroll through on a 5” screen. I am proposing the list be collapsed by default and you can expand the ones you need to. Or make it a setting to change this default behavior.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. グループに登録したユーザーを、ドラッグ&ドロップでグループを変更できるようにしてほしい

グループに登録したユーザーを、ドラッグ&ドロップでグループを変更できるようにしてほしいです。
    現状グループを変更したい場合は、現在のグループから対象ユーザーを削除して、変更したいグループで対象ユーザーを追加するという操作をしなければならないので、とても煩わしいです。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Additional space for adding Extension Number

Hello as in our company we have started using Teams but there are so many issues we are facing now a days like... We dont have option to add custom status... And Our Phone extension number just after our name... It will be great if the extension number option can be added as we need to call our other team memebers on the same floor and while doing same we need to look into the dictionary... Please provide such option will help us all. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi - I have a suggestion for how to improve this application: when you click on a conversation or group, the mouse cursor does not automatic

Hi - I have a suggestion for how to improve this application: when you click on a conversation or group, the mouse cursor does not automatically focus on the text box. Current workflow is: click person's name, then click the text box, then type. Proposed workflow: click person's name, then start typing. Does that make sense?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MS Team is providing the good features, However there are lots of problems which we are facing as follows: 1. Content sharing feature not av

MS Team is providing the good features, However there are lots of problems which we are facing as follows:
    1. Content sharing feature not available which is very needful for us.
    2. Mobile application can't handle the attachment more than 50 MB.
    3. Video compression not available.
    4. Slow down the machine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.