Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Again: Font readability issue and system integration in Teams

First of all: This is not a feature request of user who wants change Teams fonts to Comic Sans or whatever like that.

Whats the problem:
    Fonts in Teams did not integration with Windows default fonts, and no localization for non-English.

Teams is a Microsoft product that runs cross platform, I understand it should make experience like fonts same in all platform.
    But it looks like something wrong, Windows and other application like Office has good localization for per language, such as: Windows has different font family for different language, English, French, Japanese, Chinese. and apps like Office, Edge, Visual…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reduce wasted screen space in chat

The layout of chat windows wastes a tremendous amount of space - my chat is all bunched up and crowded, which makes certain types of messages (such as code) very difficult to read, while HALF of my screen is empty space. Please add an option to change this to something that looks closer to Slack/IRC where chat can take up the full width of the window. I find the current layout incredibly frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve the Activity feed behavior when viewing attachments

When you open an attachment file from the Activity feed and close the window, it redirects you to the most recent conversation automatically regardless the actual chat/conversation which associate with the attachment. I would like you to improve this function to show the original thread of the attachment when closing it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Don't Open Remote Docs in Teams

It's annoying when you're reading a conversation and you click on a document and then it takes over the screen. Just make it follow the expected behavior of linking out. No one wants to view a document in a messaging app. Also it shouldn't be two clicks to open it in the browser after I am already frustrated that I lost my place in the post I was just reading. Either make it link out all the time like Slack does or make the open in browser accessible from the conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Accessibilty and other features

I think it would be beneficial if you developed a feature that allows you to change the text size of your messages you receive. Some of these messages, when they're longer in length, can be hard to read. I don't mean simply zooming, or changing the text size of ALL text within the app. But the ability to change the font size of the messages themselves that you receive.

Also, PLEASE develop a reminders feature. ie the ability to set a reminder for yourself at such and such time with such and such description. PLEASE.

And can we get a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. meeting

Split sections into separate windows. Use case: I'm in a MS Teams meeting and I'm sharing my MS Teams window for some reason. But I want to chat with someone else using MS Teams. I can't do this without sharing my MS Teams chat with everyone else.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Solo mode when viewing teams as a list

This is a minor feature request, intended to improve usability when viewing teams as a list. Solo mode means that when one team is open and it's channels visible, all others automatically close. So only one team with channels is open at any time. Users should be able to turn this feature on or off, as some find it very useful but others not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Put the "Type a new message" field under a button for "Add a New Topic"

The "Type a new message" box is in exactly the place you would expect a "reply" box to be. Too often, people add a whole new topic that just reads "Sure." What they meant to do was reply to the most recent topic. There is already an item on this list for moving the box to the top of the screen. I propose putting it under a button. Either would work I think.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improved History

Include a historical views: 1) of meetings - actual time spent on the call and 2) chats (ability to see who you chatted with per day).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If the user is sending multiple messages in a channel, they should be prompted to Reply to an existing thread than make a new one each time

Not everyone knows how to use Teams properly. People just start new threads instead of replying to old ones where they should belong instead. Users should be prompted to use the Reply feature when starting a new thread if they've started a thread recently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. help me turn off url preview badges

I'm tired of clicking the close button to hide/delete the url previews that show when I put a link into the chat

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create a new team from a call

I recently participated in a call that was scheduled on MS Teams. This was an exploratory conversation between colleagues from diverse functions and locations. Initially it did not seem that a formal TEAM was required but during the call, it was determined that this would be beneficial. Some interesting Chat comments and files were exchanged during the call.
    I would therefore like to create a team from the call group, automatically assigning the group members and retaining the comments and files exchanged.
    Under Create new Team in Teams, there are only two options:
    1. Build Team from Scratch
    2. Create…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 things - ease of access

2 things. Both UX related. 1) move the 'back button' closer than the uppermost left corner of the UI. When I open a file, honestly I look for an easy way to navigate back to the main list of files - and there isn't. Its marginal, but its friction to me that is unnecessary. Try it yourself.. when you open a file and try to navigate back - it isn't intuitive to click on the hyperlink text instead of a back button.

Second thing - the 'Open Desktop app' is arguably the button I click the most. Functionality in Teams…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To-Dos are shown in English in Teams desktop client if those were added via website

If we added To-Dos via web site in Japanese and view them through the desktop client, those are shown in English somehow. I would request that they would be shown in Japanese as expected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In Groups Left & Right Aligned Chats will be much better

In Group chats It's not easier to scan a conversation that is all aligned to the same side of the screen, which includes our pings too.

Its much, much better to have an usual Left & Right Aligned Chats.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we have a way to look up one's own organization information? I can see the org icon in the contact information for anyone else but me

Can we have a way to look up one's own organization information? I can see the org icon in the contact information for anyone else but me

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need to be able to access two different features in teams at once (i.e. chat and a our OneNote at the same time)

Chats should be a popup feature that doesn't make you leave your current page and should also be able to have multiple tabs/windows open at once when multitasking

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Streamlined IM/Audio-Video Chat Interface

I would really LOVE to see a separate streamlined IM/Audio-Video Call stand-alone app, executable, or mode of the primary Teams client, similar to the Skype for Business client. I would request this client or interface mode for Windows (UWA), MacOS, Android, iOS, and ChromeOS.

This would make a MUCH more smooth transition for a user coming from Skype for Business.

For a previous Skype for Business user, or for anyone, strictly wanting to use IM/call/video, the Teams client is just much to busy and gets in the way of how we used to be able to message simply with the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base