Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link dark theme with macOS dark mode

Please allow switching between default and dark theme automatically based on the dark mode setting in macOS system preferences.

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for multiple windows and improved searching

Allow for multiple windows and improved searching

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate Teams into Outlook

It would be great if u could integrate teams into outlook. i mean the whole functionality of the 'teams app' could be a 'tab' in outlook.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let me adjust column widths

Make it work like Excel (AND EVERY OTHER APP ON THE PLANET).

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Usage of Teams once, breaks ability to use Skype

Dear Admins, please get on the same page as your design teams and support staff, they’re giving users contradicting information.

I just had a conversation with Microsoft Support about the ability for a Skype user to talk to a Teams user…basically at this time there is no such thing as interoperability despite their documentation regarding coexistence modes.

The very minute a user even tries Teams just once…they break the ability to use Skype to talk to you if you’re using Teams. Apparently it’s been in this broken state for months and is “by design.”

Here’s the quote from the rep,…

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Personal workspace along with Teams

I think it would be great to have a personal workspace that lives along side your Teams. This would give you a similar toolkit as a Team with the conversation element pulled out. You would have quick access to your files (OD4B), OneNote, important stuff, etc. via tabs and then could use

I suppose this would just be the merging of the chat and files tab into a space that would also give you the ability to use tabs and connectors.

Might need some workshopping, but I think this could be a powerful way to get people spending a lot…

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move meeting attendee pictures/videos to the top of the UI

Because most cameras are located at the top of a laptop screen or a webcam sitting on top of a monitor, by moving the attendee pictures/videos to the top, your line of sight is closer to looking in the camera than when you are looking down at the bottom of the screen, giving a more natural appearance to the interaction.

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lite UI mode for Teams

It would be great if Teams had a lite UI Mode where all (most of) the beauty is switched off to favor performance and minimize resource needs.

The current Teams App on Windows 10 needs a lot of performance to render and to run in general. I need my CPU and my RAM for my development work! Not to run a stupid chat client!
    Skype for Business was much reasonable in its resource needs therefore I favor still that utility instead of Teams!

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. group contacts by status

Add ability in Teams to arrange contacts by online/offline status like Skype has.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow me to change Group Chat icons

Right now we have a bunch of Group and once you start adding names to it, they are pretty hard to identify which one is which. If I could change the Group Chat icon, it will be easier for me to identify this.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keyboard shortcuts for 'Back' and 'Forward' navigation

Please create a keyboard shortcut for the ability to navigate 'Back' and 'Forward' (instead of having to mouse click on the upper-left arrows).

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Collapse All Teams

Please give me an option to collapse or expand all Favorites

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Color code team/group chat windows so we can easily differentiate

It's very difficult to tell if I'm replying to someone as part of a particular conversation in a group chat or directly to them in a private one. My teammates have the same issue, and it's led to us inadvertantly typing messages in the group chat that we didn't want some team members to see. One possible way to remedy this would be to use different background colors for group chats compared to private ones

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add hyperlink to jump to Last Read

Add a static hyperlink in chat to jump to the Last Read section similar to the hyperlink to view new messages.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Video gallery options

When using Skype for Business, participants were able to choose between "gallery view" or having in full-screen the participan that is talking at each moment

I'm not able to find that option in Teams, only gallery view or pinning manually one of the video signals as main and full-screen.

is this planned?

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to undock the "Chat" function in the Teams window

Would like to see the ability to undock the "Chat" function in the Teams window - like the Skype for Business interface, so that I can work in "Teams" and view documents while answering questions for folks. Too often, someone asks me a question, to answer it I have to leave the chat and find the document and then go back to the chat and then re-find the document. I also may want the chat up and visible while I'm working in other applications without wanting the heavier/larger total Teams UI on top.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Open Chat windows separately

Open Chat windows separately. This is very poor implementation of chat in MS TEAMS, as all proper communication tools that exist in the market have this feature. It allows for multiple chats to be viewed simultaneously. When is MS TEAMS dev team going to fix this glaring gap?

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Refresh Button for Teams

I am using the Windows Team application and sometimes I can't tell if I am looking at the offline information or online information until I click on several tabs and channel to prompt me to sign in. Please create a refresh button so we can make sure we are logged in.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Copy paste markdown text should do proper formatting

Although markdown works as you type things in by hand, it should also format text that is pasted into Teams.

We often have markdown docs or other existing assets that we're discussing, and being able to copy-paste markdown into Teams would help make that process a lot easier than retyping everything by hand!

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Intergrate a dashboard into Teams to display live queue stats, pstn stats, and reports

Everyone should be smashing "vote" on this.

It would be nice if there was an app button on the left called Dashboard that works similar to Azure's dashboard where you can customize the widgets. It would be nice if this dashboard could render live call queue stats, average wait times, agents signed in, which agents are talking, standard call center reporting stuff, teams sign-ins, PSTN reports, and various teams chat reporting.

This should have role-based permission access.

The live queue statistics alone would be a significant added value.

Reporting could leverage Power BI in some fashion.
    Creating custom reports.

Thank…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base