Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams uses 600MB and is super slow!

Quotes from various users about memory usage and slow performance:

"Team is a memory hog! 100s MB! Slack is about 50."

"The memory consumption is over 300MB!!! This should be a priority."

"Just started evaluating teams, 500+ MB and 10-15% CPU. This is in a citrix VDI. Does teams use hardware rendering? If so is there a way to turn it off? I had to do this with the rest of Office."

"I dont understand why my Teams application only uses 70MB when other people in my organization are towards half a gig! What is causing this Teams?"

"Make it…

7,366 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

615 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Performance has been and continues to be a big focus area for Teams. One main area we have made improvements in is responsiveness for the most frequent user actions of switching between Chat, Channel, and Activity. We are also focused on reducing resource consumption and application load time. More improvements are on the way.

~Alex

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base