Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Double Click on Format Brush in OneNote for Mac 2016

In Word for Mac 2016, it is possible to use format brush continuously after double click on the button. Sadly, it is not feasible in OneNote for Mac. Such a terrible experience! Please update it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please Add The Line Spacing Settings in OneNote for Mac 2016

Well, the line spacing feature is feasible in OneNote for Windows and is removed in OneNote for Mac 2016. What does Microsoft think? Please add it back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel in teams is not as user friendly as Excel offline.

In Excel when working offline you can have multiple colours for text in a text box. In Teams it will only change the colour of the entire text box and not just certain words/ sentences.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. My Two Cents

Today we are going back to Slack. These past months we tried to give Teams an oportunity, as our company relies on Office 365 it was an options we really wanted to try.
    But as we used Teams we realize that the software is far from not only mature but ready to support several teams for daily basis communication.
    It is obvious that Microsoft is not giving this project the priority it needs and I truly would lament if Teams fades away, but the constants performance issues, unreliable notifications, UX fails, inmature search and improvements promises not fulfilled are things…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Less bulky on much lesser errors on chat updates please

Extremely slower compared to whatsapp..
    Too bulky, costs too much kbs and the interface is dull. Plain colored boxes here and there?come on, even low budgeted startups can hire better ui designer than that

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Approved Devices

When will Teams have an approved devices page like Skype?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hey guys, keep linking box folder links to Team tabs. Issue is we can't access the documents from box from the teams window.

Hey guys, keep linking box folder links to Team tabs. Issue is we can't access the documents from Box from the teams window. Any idea on how we can solve this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Formatting OneNote Notebooks

It looks like a notebook formatted in OneNote Desktop can't be formatted the same way as one created in "online" neither of which can be formatted the same way as a notebook in teams. This is just plain unacceptable and darn near useless. OneNote notebooks should be the same anywhere they appear. What the . . .???

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow checking the number of users in user activity in Teams on a monthly basis

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のユーザー アクティビティのユーザーの数を月単位で確認できるようにしたい

Allow checking the number of users in user activity in Teams on a monthly basis
    ■Description(内容):
    現在、Teams のユーザー アクティビティのユーザーの数が Daily でしか確認できないようになっているため、Monthly で確認できるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Currently, the number of users in Teams' user activity can only be verified in Daily, so we would like to be able to verify it in Monthly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ALLOW ME TO UNINSTALL THE PROGRAM

ALLOW ME TO UNINSTALL THIS STUPID PROGRAM I HATE IT I NEVER USE IT OR USED THE OLD VERSION, IT AUTO INSTALLED WHICH IS AN INVASION OF MY PRIVACY AND I WANT IT GONE

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. configure polling rate so it doesn’t kill my battery

Teams is responsible for half my battery drain. So I disabled polling for new updates, but I wouldn’t mind a much lower rate of polling.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable adding links to websites etc. in files

To be able to include links to websites/pages within folders as disctinct 'files'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Easy Multi org

I work for a few clients and i need to see each of my teams for each client without having to switch anything. Bring back Skype for business! It worked perfectly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve Performance of User Interface

The user interface of Teams is permanently reacting slow to inputs and causes the user to be less productive. When switching between teams, chats and other functions, there is a notable lag after almost every click. This applies for both, the Desktop UI as well as the mobile UI.

Opening an menu or a new chat view doesn't happen instantly, but it takes a moment to render all the views. If you are used to natively developed applications that react instantly to user input, switching to Teams and experiencing a laggy interface is bothersome and frustrating at times.

I would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Performance improvement

Make the app work more fluently, quicker. This applies to all features: search option, loading history of chats etc... currently I use the word crappyish to describe it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow manual sync in battery save mode (android 9)

If my oneplus 6 device is in battery save mode, teams will not sync automatically (makes sense).
    However, manual sync does not work. See behavior of other apps like outlook, manual sync in battery save mode will sync outlook. Likewise I expect to be able to manually sync teams in battery save mode

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Minimize or Scroll Away of Top Bars When Editing Word Docs

When editing in word online thru teams, there are 3 horizontal bars at the top of the document: the 1st bar is white and has the document name, the 2nd bar is blue and has the document name, and the 3rd bar is the command ribbon. These bars are always present. I just measured and on my screen they take up fully 25% of the vertical screen real estate. Please allow these bars to be able to be minimized or "scrolled away" when you scroll down.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give me the easy to find link to stop Teams from auto-loading, it is a resource hog and I don't want it to launch until I tell it to launch.

I HATE programs that start auto-launching without my permission and don't make the setting easy to find to turn of this "feature". Microsoft, make your dialog boxes all re-sizeable and stop setting things like Cortana so users cannot shut it off and be in control of their hardware. This is just ridiculous, the most basic of functionality and user consideration. The gear icon for settings in Teams is oddly located at the bottom in the "Join" section and it does not function as expected to take me to an actual settings page but instead goes to "manage teams". Who on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams is another Microsoft issue

Hi,
    Our IT asked us to migrate to Teams.
    Now, Teams uses around 400 to 500MB of RAM.
    In addition to Windows 10 already using too much RAM, it makes 8Go useless on a WIN10 device.
    Microsoft shall consider reducing this huge amount of RAM used as top priority enhancement in 2019 for WIN10 and ALL OFFICE products!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.