Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Less bulky on much lesser errors on chat updates please

Extremely slower compared to whatsapp..
    Too bulky, costs too much kbs and the interface is dull. Plain colored boxes here and there?come on, even low budgeted startups can hire better ui designer than that

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scrolling in Excel

It would be great if I could scroll across (not just down) in an Excel doc in Teams. As it stands, I need to go into edit mode if I want to scroll across.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. bring Emails to 1to1 convo

As done for the channels, would we nice to have the same feature for 1 to 1 conversation in order to bring emails directly to the chat window, to decrease even more the amount of email change

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Profile picture and status

Hi There, I think it will be perfect if the Team picture will be larger, or maybe if I'm pointing it with the mouse it will pop up.
    Also, Describe a status of each time will be perfect! (Example: IT-SecurityTeam -- "The man in tank will win..." :)
    Thanks,
    Raul.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please stabalize the delete operation of team members from Teams admin center

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams 管理センターからチームメンバーを削除する際の動作の安定性向上希望
    Please stabalize the delete operation of team members from Teams admin center

■Description(内容):
    Teams 管理センターから、チームメンバーを削除する際に、GUI でメンバーや所有者の役割変更を実施した後に、削除の動作を実施しようとすると、削除できる場合と、できない場合の動作に一貫性がなく、不安定な動きとなっている様子がみられる。
    複数テナント、複数ブラウザーで動作を確認したが、いずれも動作に一貫性がなく、動作として不安定にみられるため、GUI で役割変更を適用した場合でも、削除可否について動作が統一されるよう安定性の向上を含め、機能改善を要望します。​
    When deleting team members from Teams admin center after changing the roles for members and owners using the GUI, sometimes the deletion happens and sometimes it does not happen.
    I checked this problem using multiple tenants and on multiple browsers, and there was no consistency at all and the delete operation ended up being very unstable. So please make it so that the delete operation result will be standardised as deletable or non deletable after changing…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. DELETE BUTTONS PLEASE!!!

Please make a delete function for chat features and alerts. This is the worst design I have ever seen. Once you are done with a conversation or addressed items in your activity/alerts you should be able to delete them. This will make the platform be more user-friendly and have a cleaner design. The hide conversations feature isn't practical since the conversations keep coming up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please, please,please I want to be able to print out the documents straight from Teams

My company switched from One drive and Share Point to using teams at the beginning of the year. We all absolutely love all the features and tools that Microsoft teams has.
    But there is one thins that makes it so inconvenient- I cannot print the docs straight away from the teams up. In order to print any document (word or excel) I have to ether download it first or open in the browser. In Onedrive and Sharepoint we were able to print it straight away without additional steps.
    Please, please, please add this simple feature that will safe us all…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. configure polling rate so it doesn’t kill my battery

Teams is responsible for half my battery drain. So I disabled polling for new updates, but I wouldn’t mind a much lower rate of polling.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Performance of User Interface

The user interface of Teams is permanently reacting slow to inputs and causes the user to be less productive. When switching between teams, chats and other functions, there is a notable lag after almost every click. This applies for both, the Desktop UI as well as the mobile UI.

Opening an menu or a new chat view doesn't happen instantly, but it takes a moment to render all the views. If you are used to natively developed applications that react instantly to user input, switching to Teams and experiencing a laggy interface is bothersome and frustrating at times.

I would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I need to Print

Really annoying and unproductive with a Print option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If I use Teams mi Jabra and Plantronics headsets echo a lot. If I use Skype for Business, there is no echo. It is becoming very problematic

If I use Teams mi Jabra and Plantronics headsets echo a lot. If I use Skype for Business, there is no echo. It is becoming very problematic

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mute or duck other audio

In SfB when I place or receive a call it will automatically lower the volume of the other apps I have running on my PC. Can this be added to teams? Now everytime I receive a call I have to mute or lower my music. Both with SfB it does it automatically. Just ease of use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Less demanding

Teams consumes all my memory And other Apps Are top Slow od stop responding

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stability, stability, stability

Teams doesn't seem ready for prime time, as the performance is slow and it crashes often. This morning, while in an audio teams meeting, my app crashed three separate times when sharing my screen with others.

In prior uses, the app hangs when in a video call or when joining a meeting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Half-width Yen symbol will be converted to backslash automatically in Microsoft Teams chat

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams で半角の円マークがバックスラッシュで表示される

Half-width Yen symbol will be converted to backslash automatically in Microsoft Teams chat

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の会話に半角の円マークを入力するとバックスラッシュで表示されるため、半角の円マークで表示できるようにしたい。
    ファイルのパスを載せる際に、一般ユーザーはバックスラッシュを知らない場合があるため、なじみのある半角の円マークで表示させて、わかりやすいようにしたい。
    任意でバックスラッシュか半角の円マークかを選んで Teams 上に表示させる機能の実装を要望します。

We are facing a problem that half-width Yen symbol will be converted to backslash automatically in Microsoft Teams chat. We want it to be displayed as the original symbol, Yen mark.
    The reason why we want it that way is that when typing a file path including backslash on chat box, some users might not familiar with backslash and not get file path correctly. Therefore, Yen symbol is more appropriate option for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix it so there is sound. I can't hear any part of the presentation.

Fix it so there is sound. I can't hear any part of the presentation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make this application light, quick and user friendly like Skype

Make this application light, quick and user friendly like Skype

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better performance in Firefox

Increase performance in Firefox

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams Crashes while switching networks from LAN to Wifi or starting up from hibernation

Teams, crashes if you switch networks from Lan to WiFi connection.
    Also, Teams does not automatically gets connected after the system boots up from Hibernation mode.
    A ticket # 12789305 was raised with Microsoft and the answer i got was "Teams process is removed from memory in hibernation state to avoid battery drains."
    Question : Hibernation mode draws virtually no power from the battery, then why does the process for only Teams is removed from the memory?

As compared to skype, Teams does not automatically gets connected until you click on the already running application.
    2 out of 5 times…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base