Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Switch between accounts

Give teams the ability to switch between accounts. I have to log in and out everytime I want to change accounts that represent different companies. Also, if it was more integrated with outlook, it would make my life better.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Audio Quality in Teams Meetings and Video Calls

I get several complaints on the audio quality within a teams meeting or video call. When more than one person speaks, it gets glitchy audio sound and cancels out both speakers (or multiple speakers) intermittently. My employees are complaining so much about the choppy quality of the audio, they're going back to Zoom.us. Please help so I don't have to manage multiple platforms!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Battery usage on Windows 10

There are many comments and ideas about battery usage on IOS and Android but I've noticed that the battery usage on my laptop has increased somewhat.

When I go to Start > Settings > System > Battery > 'See which apps are affecting your battery life' and change period to 1 week i can see that Microsoft Teams is using 31% of battery. Second place is Outlook with 14% so its definitely an issue.

Interestingly, i use Outlook all day, every day heavily and its only using that much battery. Teams is always in my sys stray and i rarely…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. mac performance

Microsoft Teams Helper is taking on a ton of CPU performance when on meetings and presenting content.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stabilize the Teams performance

Compared with Skype for Business, Teams performance tends to be unstable when the caches or service incidents effects on it. I would like you to improve the overall performance.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to shrink the search bar.

The search bar spans a large area of the top bar. It's very difficult to move the Teams window around my desktop because we can't click and drag

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ON SKYPE, YOU CAN DELETE A WHOLE CONVERSATION. I CAN'T FIND WHERE I CAN DO THAT ON TEAM. INSTEAD OF ONE MESSAGE AT A TIME.

WANT TO BE ABLE TO DELETE WHOLE CONVERSATIONS. NOT JUST A MESSAGE AT A TIME, WHICH SKYPE ALLOWS YOU TO DO.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reliability sucks compared to Slack

Android version so often goes offline. While other chat apps work just fine. Web app is so-so... when the desktop app doesn't make sense to install or you can't. Desktop app also is not great.. sending a file causes the UI to just freeze for a while.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Delete files from File LIST

I know there is a way to delete a file from a message post in Teams, but I would prefer to delete the file from the LIST of files in the Files folder so I don't have to go back in the conversation and find it to do so. I don't see a way to do this that way. Could you make it so that beside each file listed in the Files folder, that there is an option to delete (or even forward)? That would be great.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams Chat folder should not take up mailbox storage space or users should be able to archive it.

We have users with F1 licensing which means they only have 2GB of storage space available. now that we've implemented Teams, users mailboxes are filling up....because of the hidden and inaccessible Teams Chat folder in Conversation History. If they try to use mailbox cleanup, this hidden folder doesn't show up as an option for them to clean up or archive this folder. It's not easy for admins to access it to clear it either. This is a problem.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More features from browsers like tabs or more than one window

Should be easier to navigate between different topics and chats. f.e. tabs and more than one window

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PowerBI content pack for Teams

Please create a powerBI content pack so that its possible to manage adoption of Teams in organization. Obivous charts are:

most active channel/group
    most active user
    trend graph for number of channels /teams created over course of time (week/month)
    Activity overview (chat, group chat, content sharing)
    amount of time spend on meetings organized thru teams

etc

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve Teams admin center interface

If we slit up/down when we mouse over the navigation bar in the Teams admin center, the unfolded menu will show up on the wrong position. If we zoom out the interface, the position of the menu will be reset.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ALLOW US TO DELETE CHAT SESSION WHEN DONE WITH IT

It's extremely frustrating to have days and days worth of old chat in there, why can't we delete a chat session when we are done with our discussions?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. flip camera

The camera is flipped, meaning when I make a videocall, people see me reversed. Please change this, as many people teach and would like to write on the board, for example. Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. stop expanding my contact groups under chat!!!!!

I created contact groups for a reason... so I could quickly find who I'm looking for. The fact that the groups expand by default is counter-intuitive and annoying as ****!!! GET THIS FIXED!!!!!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Performance Improvements

Kaizala is one of the fastest apps for instant messing, outpacing even WhatsApp. It would be great if Teams chat worked as quickly. I also have performance problems when on Android, the teams app simply never recieved messages when the app is closed. It is allowed to work in the background, but still nothing.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve copying data from Teams

Copying data out of teams works very poorly. As soon as I mouse over a short piece of text, like an ID number, it changes to three ellipses, with the ribbon and thumb. I can no longer select the text I want with my mouse! This is very poor design.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatic refresh - file tab view

In file tab view, if you duplicate or copy an existing file, the file does not appear until you leave the tab and come back again. This is not acceptable, especially not for a novice users.

I understand that lack of automatic refresh is a general problem to Teams.

And no. A refresh button is not the solution. Take a look at how your competitors perform.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. please reduce memory usage of my system. Its reduces my system speed to larger extent

Please reduce memory usage of the system. It reduces performance of the entire system by larger extent

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base