Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. network bandwidth

Looking at UserVoice there are a few requests dealing with network utilization. Microsoft provided guidance on network bandwidth requirements for media traffic with Skype(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/plan-your-deployment/network-requirements/network-requirements). This helps provide large enteprise customers guidance during architectural decisions as well as assist with right sizing their current audio/video usage. This is missing for Team and is needed to assist customers sizing their environment correctly as well as assist with future planning. This can help decrease some of the network bandwidth asks as customers will have better guidance on what is expected with Teams over SfB

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it faster

Teams app on win 10 is frustratingly slow to close after clicking red x. Taskbar lights up with new message but shows name of last conversation partner not new one. Opening up to see a new message starts you where you left off instead of new message. Badges on phone app don’t go away if I check on messages using Windows app. Nowhere near as snappy as like, AIM back in the day

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. scroll performance - messages are grey boxes before rendering

scroll lag : scrolling performance (i.e. to previous messages in a chat/channel) is much worse than expected - messages don't render for a noticeable period of time

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams should respect the Display scale of the display it is on, not only of Main screen (Windows)

Running Windows on a Retina MacBook with an external monitor I have the scale of the retina display set to 175% and the external (Main display) to 100%.

Now if the main screen (seemingly only on boot counts) is the external one, the teams interface is so small that it is basically illegible. If the external monitor is disconnected while booting the teams UI is normal on the Retina display, but gigantic on the external one, when connected. Other apps seem to handle this, it would be nice if Teams could, too!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. desktop application hangs a lot

The desktop application hangs up a lot and seems to take very large amount of time for simple things like change the chat context

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adding attachments is super slow, it really need speedup

Addign attachments is very slow process. Something minuscule like 50kb sile adding takes 5-10 sec. Lager files naturally longer. It should be instantaneous.

And why I have to wait for the upload at first place before I can send an message. It should be background process.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Assignments should be able to be sent back to students so they can resubmit either so they can act on feedback or if their work is not good

All work entered needs to ha e feedback for students but this is not much good if the student can't have the chance to act on the feedback and improve or redraft work.
    A button to send work back to students or just to allow more files to. We submitted would be great

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reliability sucks compared to Slack

Android version so often goes offline. While other chat apps work just fine. Web app is so-so... when the desktop app doesn't make sense to install or you can't. Desktop app also is not great.. sending a file causes the UI to just freeze for a while.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. video calls

When I do the video calls, the video of other person, shared screen eveything shows up in a single monitor. It should be allowed to see the video and screen sharing in two different monitors, like Skype. This is one of most feature I do not like it at all.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve Stability and Performance of Video Calls

The performance of Teams on video calls is really bad. It slows up, becomes unresponsive and I've had 2 blue screen of deaths (one from 5 minutes ago attached).

Myself and 3 others have been using Teams for the last few months and all of us are experiencing similar issues on video calls. It seems to be worst on 1 on 1 video calls versus group calls.

Once a video call is started, trying to use the buttons in Teams to share your screen or change your device settings are also very slow to respond. The problems may be worst…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preference to open linked docs in local/desktop version of excel/word/onenote - and not always Office Online

We use OneNote and Excel quite extensively. We share files via Team channels all the time. But opening them in Office Online is very very slow. We want to open the document in the desktop versions of Excel and OneNote as a first choice.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Could use a White Board

Could use a White Board

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve copying data from Teams

Copying data out of teams works very poorly. As soon as I mouse over a short piece of text, like an ID number, it changes to three ellipses, with the ribbon and thumb. I can no longer select the text I want with my mouse! This is very poor design.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PowerBI content pack for Teams

Please create a powerBI content pack so that its possible to manage adoption of Teams in organization. Obivous charts are:

most active channel/group
    most active user
    trend graph for number of channels /teams created over course of time (week/month)
    Activity overview (chat, group chat, content sharing)
    amount of time spend on meetings organized thru teams

etc

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. memory leaks

MS Teams eats 270-290mb at start vs 20-40mb for Telegram?
    Why does it takes so much memory and the result so slow perfomance concerning to modern messengers?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please get rid of the bar at the top of my screen when I screen share.

The bar sits directly over the browser tabs during a screen share. It's infuriating. Or at least allow us to move the bar somewhere less inconvenient. Thanks.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. not responding

Since today, so basically the first work day after a couple of updates on Friday, Teams often "hangs" after I click in it. It seems to happen most often if I go back to it after not having focused to screen for a while or if I go into a new (large) chat.

Did something change in this respect?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. why can't i save a pdf to Teams

PDF files cannot be saved to Teams which is a huge problem for my area of work. I manage an accounting department and my staff and I work with hundreds of pdf files. This is an obvious flaw in Teams and should be easily rectified. Another problem is not being able to open a PDF file in Adobe Pro while in Teams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the scrolling on ios app smother

The performance is way off when the scrolling is not smooth. Its not line any other ios app.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base