Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need a ribbon so you can have additional tabs, so we can navigate between chats and other channels on Teams.

E.g. When I'm editing a file on Teams and a chat pops up for me, the moment I click on the chat, my file editing section disappears. Which requires me to then re-open the file etc and scroll all the way down to what I was doing prior.

Can't we have chats or other channels or functions co-exist at the same time?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Open Source teams

Make Teams open source so we can add the features that really matter like Clippy stickers and Custom Emoji

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create a shortcut key to use Immersive Reader. So it is easier with those with impaired sight to be able to turn it on

Create a shortcut key to use Immersive Reader. So it is easier with those with impaired sight to be able to turn it on

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable bookmarks in PDF tab, bookmarks created in Adobe Reader etc. do not seem to show in teams PDF view tab

When sharing PDF files as on-screen documents in Teams (using the PDF viewer tab), bookmarks cannot be selected even though they are in the selected file. Reference documents such as policies benefit significantly from bookmark navigation so it is bizarre it is absent.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams needs to have 'status' update feature

In skype we had the ability to update our status. "At Lunch, be back in an hour' or going home for the night, see you tomorrow - it was where the 'available' 'in a meeting' area is - right underneath it. it should post so we can at a glance see where folks are at. very much needed in a remote workplace

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multiple Monitors - Highlight desktop when selected

When you have multiple monitors, please highlight monitor when hovering over selection (to make it easier to know which monitor you are selecting).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a plus button to start new conversations in the CHAT area. Put it in the top right corner of the Recent/Contacts section.

Add a plus button to start new conversations in the CHAT area. Put it in the top right corner of the Recent/Contacts section.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Win Key + 'S' Key + person's name (Windows Integration) goes directly to person's chat in Teams

In Windows, just like launching an application with Win+S and writing the application name, it would be helpful to type in the person's name and get the option to open their chat box in Teams by entering the return key when selected. Currently there is only an option to send an e-mail through this method.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. contact list as separate side bar

skype has a nice contacts list sidebar, then when you text the person on there its a nice lil window... this is too clunky to have the chat attached continually to the contacts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable feature like whatsapp, just slide to quote other text

Enable feature like whatsapp, just slide to quote other text

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Focusing chat text box

By default all chat apps when opened on chat window have focus to start typing. I would love teams have that included at least as an option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. the reactions are great but the UI for them could be improved.

right now the reaction emojis pop up any time you hover over a post. i dislike this because
    1) when you dont want them they are visually distracting and anoying
    2) when you do want them if your cursor leaves the correct vicinity it vanishes.
    MY SUDGESTION
    please make it so that the like button is always there as before but there is just a drop down menu with the other reactions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Code Snippet back on main toolbar

Bring the Code Snippet button back to the main edit toolbar. I rarely use the other buttons. At least allow me to configure my own toolbar and put the Code Snippet button where I want it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. TEAMs for Disabled users needs a lot of work

For anyone with eye, hand coordination issues, like One-Handed wounded warriors, TEAMs is a nightmare, it needs to be completely re-designed for disabled, individuals and it 's not for anyone that needs speed.

The page navigation is horrible, it takes multiple clicks to do one thing, you can't move the chat windows and on my screen they show up on the far right bottom side, which is impossible to change, so it block s all my other work.

If this were used on any global platform like Facebook, Marriott.com,
    Google, there would be panic in the streets like Hong Kong…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Closed Captions

You should have the option to include Closed Captions in the videos.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Citar

No se puede citar un texto de una conversacion como en Skype

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. About the feature that the cache is automatically deleted when you sign out

I would like to implement a feature that automatically deletes the cache when you sign out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base