Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Suphatra, Please make Teams capable of sending secure texts to anyone. Please partition users/company documents.

Teams will absolutely take off if you partition company documents and communications and allow the application to be used for regular texts away from the work place.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Copy the conversation from top or anywhere from between

i should be able to copy the conversation from top or anywhere from between to be able to paste is in our CRM for logging.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. make planner more accessible through teams.

Best way to access planner right now is through browser window. planner is in the expandable menu for the teams app, and i get notifications through teams about unfinished or new tasks. but there's a degree of separation in the UI between me and accessing planner information. would be nice as a more integrated part of the teams app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. reset chat conversation/start new chat button

It would be nice to have a way to 'reset/start new' chat conversation.
    It should not delete history ... just clear the screen so it is clear where the new conversation starts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Auto Spellcheck should operate like Word, Outlook, etc.

I can't believe this isn't posted.

If Teams is intended to be a primary project communication platform, this NEEDS to be addressed. It is good at recognizing a misspelled words, but the next step is where it fails miserably. I'll get a short list or a list of 20 options, or it just face-plants. The word "Didnt" without the apostrophe, only suggests, "Diderot". However, lowercase "didnt" will suggest the correct punctuation. Whaaat?! Oh, and the biggie: why cant i add a word to a Dictionary. We all work with uniques terms, words and names, that are constantly being asked to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable direct answer to specific message by clicking on message properties

To provide answer on just one message within many

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Aend the [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] to the remote controlled desktop.

Microsoft Temas provide the Remote Controll fucntion also have the Microsoft Teams for Remote Assist service plan.
    However, it did not provide the function to send the [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] to remote controlled desktop.
    This feature is mandatory and will help al lot when we provide the remote user support.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. be able to create shortcuts that link to your most used files and folders within teams.

be able to create shortcuts to files and folders within teams.
    the shortcut be able to link to a folder in a different team, you would only see this as long as you are a member of that team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a plus button to start new conversations in the CHAT area. Put it in the top right corner of the Recent/Contacts section.

Add a plus button to start new conversations in the CHAT area. Put it in the top right corner of the Recent/Contacts section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. mute button

Change the MUTED mute button color to highlight that its MUTED or OPEN ( RED/GREEN) background ( not just text )

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable feature like whatsapp, just slide to quote other text

Enable feature like whatsapp, just slide to quote other text

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. User Status is confusing for Busy, In Meeting, on call

For Busy, In Meeting and On Call, all shows same Red color circle as status. I am not able get from icon until I hover on it and read the tooltip. :(

It should be different for each status so that user can get the meaning from its icon itself.
    Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Focusing chat text box

By default all chat apps when opened on chat window have focus to start typing. I would love teams have that included at least as an option

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make it possible for a legacy Skype user to transfer all Skype contacts and handles to Microsoft Teams with a single click.

Also, make it possible for a MS Teams users to easily connect another user to video chat without having to register the other user as a contact in MS Teams. Needs to be as simple as FaceTime or using GoToMeeting, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Code Snippet back on main toolbar

Bring the Code Snippet button back to the main edit toolbar. I rarely use the other buttons. At least allow me to configure my own toolbar and put the Code Snippet button where I want it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. TEAMs for Disabled users needs a lot of work

For anyone with eye, hand coordination issues, like One-Handed wounded warriors, TEAMs is a nightmare, it needs to be completely re-designed for disabled, individuals and it 's not for anyone that needs speed.

The page navigation is horrible, it takes multiple clicks to do one thing, you can't move the chat windows and on my screen they show up on the far right bottom side, which is impossible to change, so it block s all my other work.

If this were used on any global platform like Facebook, Marriott.com,
    Google, there would be panic in the streets like Hong Kong…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Closed Captions

You should have the option to include Closed Captions in the videos.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Possibility to choose administration of channel access rights in teams site settings

Possibility to choose administration of channel access rights in teams group settings. Currently, all in a teams site has same access to files etc. The only chance now is to have multiple Teams sites with different audience to manage access rights.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Citar

No se puede citar un texto de una conversacion como en Skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support office keyboard shortcuts! Why can't you delete entire word by pressing ctrl+backspace?

Support office keyboard shortcuts in Teams! Why can't you delete entire word by pressing ctrl+backspace?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.