Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Inbox to Teams so its a single pane of glass to view all in one.

Add Inbox to Teams so its a single pane of glass to view all in one.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow user to change theme.

Allow user to change theme just like in any other MS Office program. White screen is too bright and purple color is annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. reset chat conversation/start new chat button

It would be nice to have a way to 'reset/start new' chat conversation.
    It should not delete history ... just clear the screen so it is clear where the new conversation starts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Auto Spellcheck should operate like Word, Outlook, etc.

I can't believe this isn't posted.

If Teams is intended to be a primary project communication platform, this NEEDS to be addressed. It is good at recognizing a misspelled words, but the next step is where it fails miserably. I'll get a short list or a list of 20 options, or it just face-plants. The word "Didnt" without the apostrophe, only suggests, "Diderot". However, lowercase "didnt" will suggest the correct punctuation. Whaaat?! Oh, and the biggie: why cant i add a word to a Dictionary. We all work with uniques terms, words and names, that are constantly being asked to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. F11 to toggle "Full Screen" mode

A number of software and web browsers support using F11 to toggle Enter Full Screen mode. Can this be added to Teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Multiple Monitors - Highlight desktop when selected

When you have multiple monitors, please highlight monitor when hovering over selection (to make it easier to know which monitor you are selecting).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable direct answer to specific message by clicking on message properties

To provide answer on just one message within many

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. be able to create shortcuts that link to your most used files and folders within teams.

be able to create shortcuts to files and folders within teams.
    the shortcut be able to link to a folder in a different team, you would only see this as long as you are a member of that team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Win Key + 'S' Key + person's name (Windows Integration) goes directly to person's chat in Teams

In Windows, just like launching an application with Win+S and writing the application name, it would be helpful to type in the person's name and get the option to open their chat box in Teams by entering the return key when selected. Currently there is only an option to send an e-mail through this method.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. mute button

Change the MUTED mute button color to highlight that its MUTED or OPEN ( RED/GREEN) background ( not just text )

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Focusing chat text box

By default all chat apps when opened on chat window have focus to start typing. I would love teams have that included at least as an option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide a Read mode for Word, excel and other documents. Currently, even if the user wants to read the document, Teams treat it as modified.

Provide a Read mode for Word, excel and other documents. Currently, even if the user wants to read the document, Teams currently treat it as modified. This will mislead other users that document has been updated by the reader and which is not correct.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. TEAMs for Disabled users needs a lot of work

For anyone with eye, hand coordination issues, like One-Handed wounded warriors, TEAMs is a nightmare, it needs to be completely re-designed for disabled, individuals and it 's not for anyone that needs speed.

The page navigation is horrible, it takes multiple clicks to do one thing, you can't move the chat windows and on my screen they show up on the far right bottom side, which is impossible to change, so it block s all my other work.

If this were used on any global platform like Facebook, Marriott.com,
    Google, there would be panic in the streets like Hong Kong…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show message subject line not first text line in display of saved message

I used "Add a subject" to identify a message I plan to save. But the saved message shows up with the text of the first line of the message and no subject. I'm expecting the subject line to show up in the saved message list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dashboard view of all my Plans and Teams

When i start my Teams apps, it would be nice to have a Dashboard landing page like Planner online, with all the Teams and Plans that i manager and participate.
    I need this information to know better the tasks that is completed and delayed, and other informations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the contacts list collapsible

Microsoft, please go back and make the contacts pane collapsible again! Not only is this a privacy issue, if someone comes over, the pane just takes up way too much space!
    This is an inconvenience,, especially since there is not even an option to make it smaller.
    Get it together Microsoft!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please enable push-to-talk on the native Windows client

My organization is looking to move away from Voxer in order to completely centralize our communications through Office 365, including Outlook. The mobile client for Android (and presumably) iOS has this functionality. Having it on the native client would fulfill all of our use cases. Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remembering the last page where you were editing

It would be nice if Teams remembers the last page/channel where you were editing. Sometimes you have to go to the chat for example to answer a question from a colleague, but when you come back to, for example, your onenote its not the onenote you worked on last time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.