Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. L'ajout d'exposants pour simplifier les communications écrites

Il serait intéressant pour tous ceux qui échangent concernant les mathématiques et les sciences que les exposants soient ajoutés comme dans Word : Ctrl + =

Merci!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Teams doesn't have remote access feature only screen sharing

I would like to share an idea to be added to Teams. Teams don't support remote access on the user side pc its only screen sharing. At this time with COVID-19 we were plan in our company to use teams as an IT Support platform but sadly it doesn't help because Teams not allowed us to have full access in the user side pc, Can't install & uninstall apps or make any critical changes on windows systems. already open a ticket with Microsoft with reference [Case #:19630570] and the answer was sadly disappointing as I expected, That is Teams doesn't…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable Snipping Tool

Allow folks to capture info from Teams via scissor Snipping Tool.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Configurable sort of Microsoft teams conversations.

Configurable sort of Microsoft teams conversations.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change Default Keyboard Shortcuts

Please consider adding an option for users to customize keyboard shortcuts to fit their preferences! (If I had a dollar for every time that I hit Enter instead of the [ ' ] key, thus sending a cryptically fragmented message...)

While there currently exists a discrepancy between pressing Enter to send and pressing Shift+Enter to start a new line, I believe many users would find it helpful to have to option of DISABLING the Enter to Send shortcut.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the Teams navigation bar editable

The Teams navigation bar includes "Activity", "Chat", "Teams", "Calendar", "Calls", and "Files".

Under the 'more options' ellipses, other useful tools are available such as "Shifts" or "Planner". If a Team is making use of one of these other tools, it would be convenient if that tool were able to be pinned into the navigation bar for easy access for the entire team.

It would also be convenient to be able to re-order the navigation bar for team members to prioritize tabs they use most often.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please enable push-to-talk on the native Windows client

My organization is looking to move away from Voxer in order to completely centralize our communications through Office 365, including Outlook. The mobile client for Android (and presumably) iOS has this functionality. Having it on the native client would fulfill all of our use cases. Thank you!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hotkeys to access conversation options like copy link, mark as unread and menu accelerator keys

I would like additional hotkeys to access conversation options like copy link, mark as unread, save/ bookmark...

See attached screenshot. It seems none are available.
    At least one hotkey to access the options menu and menu accelerator keys. (it is a common UI expected feature)

Motivation: with such hotkeys/ accelerator keys one could pimp Teams with some AutoHotkey scripting e.g. copy link to selected thread->reply with link to this thread in one hotkey

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Are you still there?

Constantly being shown the 'Are you still there?' pop up which makes you refresh the page... You should show the pop up after 30 minutes/1 hour of inactivity, not less than a minute!

Very annoying, please update!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Permanent Font/Colour Change

Please allow permanent change of font and font colour for use in chats. The colour options given now are too light for use in fonts, and they do not allow permanent change.
    This option was available on Skype and should be available here.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide keyboard shortcut to open the captioning settings pane

Currently the only way to toggle the closed captions view as well as manage your settings is to mouse or tab to the icon. Providing simple keyboard shortcuts will enable the user to quickly adjust to suit their needs.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disable all animations: GIFs, stickers, emoji. Slack considers this an Accessibility feature, a designation I agree with

Allow an option to disable all animations: GIFs, stickers, emoji. Slack considers this an Accessibility feature, a designation I agree with. Graphics that are constantly moving or flashing are very distracting and interfere with my ability to use Windows as a whole, not just interfering with Teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams issue in China

In China, users who use domestic routes, landing teams, Sharepoint, Onedrive is very slow, affecting at least 2,000 people, and the issue is on both OWA and desktop application.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Code block with language name and syntax highlighting

In github or other platform, we just need to
    ```cs
    public static void Main() {

DoSomething(); 

// comment

```
    and will get it beatifully syntax highlighting.
    But in MSTeams, we need to
    1. click on [format] button
    2. click on [...] button
    3. click on [Code snipet]
    4. click on [>] to expand language menu
    5. click on language name
    6. typing code
    7. click on [Insert] button

Too much click :( too much distract because my finger mush leave keyboard to grab a mouse and click.

MSteam should support quick formating code based on language name after ``` like…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keyboard shortcuts for navigating _unread_ messages and conversations and marking them read/unread. Slack has _really_ good keyboard shortc

Keyboard shortcuts for navigating unread messages and conversations and marking them read/unread. Slack has really good keyboard shortcuts for navigating between unread teams and conversations, and it's a big productivity-booster. Vy

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would REALLY love the option to choose if my "enter" key sends the message or just goes to the next line

I send a LOT of messages before they are ready because I press "enter" to go to the next line and format text. Would really like the option to not have ENTER send a message automatically...

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. About the feature that the cache is automatically deleted when you sign out

I would like to implement a feature that automatically deletes the cache when you sign out.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the 'message delivered' icon green in chats

The icon for delivered messages looks like a clock now, which indicates it is not yet delivered. To make more clear a message is delivered, make it green, or remove the circle on the check mark.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Office Online tabs to respect the dark theme setting rather than have a bright white default background.

Allow Office Online tabs (Excel, Word, OneNote, etc) to respect the dark / High Contrast theme setting rather than have a bright white default background.

As a sight loss user, this causes a barrier for me in the desktop version of Teams, causing eye strain.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base