Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show and resize pinned video during screen share

Our Deaf and Hard of Hearing students like that they can pin both their teacher and their interpreter when in a Teams Meeting, but the pinned videos are tiny when the teacher screen shares, which makes it hard to see the ASL. (Closed captions are great but not as much as an interpreter)

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. zoom in and zoom out buttons

Sometimes while using the laptop, user inadvertently zooms in and out while using the mouse or trackpad. To get back to the original zoom view for teams, these buttons are not found.

There should be zoom + and zoom - buttons for every chat window maybe in the lower right corner that should allow for regaining control of zoom.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Include Reply option when using Teams in PC

hi it would be easy if we have the reply option for the particular message being sent in chats. say in Mobile, If I long press the chat, I can see the reply option, similarly if we have reply option when use PC , by clicking those three dots on the chat right corner and if we have reply option there, will be very helpful for the receiver and sender to understand on what context the sender is replying for.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. CONVERSATIONS - Filter most recent at top

Please enable the ability to post the most recent conversation at the top of the feed.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Disable and mute popup notification for group chats

It's annoying to be part of group chats you did not want and the others continue talking and the right side of the screen is stacked up by notification pop ups. There is no mute options to these chats as well. Please provide option to mute these groups and allow disabling of popups

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mute icon should be in red when muted, so its distinguished on the mic status clearly.

Mute icon should be in red when muted, so its distinguished on the mic status clearly.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Contacts and Contact groups appear in any order one needs

Do not require that contacts and groups be sorted alphabetically.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shortcut hide

Add a keyboard shortcut to hide a chat!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Test Microphone/Speakers from inside the application.

It would be nice to be able to test the Microphone and Speakers, to make sure everything is working.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enter button should return!!!

Its so hard to write something formal, especially to a manager or to another team. Its very irritating when you hit return expecting a return but rather actually send the message, sometimes incomplete...

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Register Global Hotkey

Register a global hotkey for windows (e.g. Win + T) to open up a new chat window, without having the application active.

s4b has such a global hotkeys

and ability to Customize the hotkeys

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Warren responded

This item is not currently under consideration, though multi-window is the works.

Please keep the feedback coming and I will keep bringing it to the feature team for review.

Thank you!
    -Warren

12. Student Access to Assignments from Grade Tab

Currently, students can only see the status of their assignments in the grades tab. If they need to resubmit or check for feedback they have to go back to the assignments tab and scroll through the list of assigned or completed assignments to access a particular assignment. This process would be easier if their was a link to each assignment in the grades tab that allows them to open the assignment from there

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Captions - Dictionary

I use the captions for meetings because I'm deaf. The captions doesn't seem to like acronyms, is there a way to add a dictionary to allow us to add company acronym and certain names that aren't recognise by the captions please. I know we can edit it after the meeting, but it difficult to join in conversions if I don't know what they are saying.
    Many thanks.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "multi-tab" feature to switch between files or view 2+ files at the same time.

I would really like a "multi-tab" feature to quickly switch between files or refer to two files on different tabs at once.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show all assignments

Rather than having to go through every team to check assignments, have them show all assignments when you click the ‘assignments’ button.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the option to share part of your screen

Its impossible to see anything for participants when im sharing from my 49inch ultrawide monitor. Please let me select the area of the screen to share.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add "In Review" or "On Hold" to Progress status of a Task

To align with Agile methodologies, which have four status options for "user stories"/tasks, add a fourth option in the Progress drop down menu on each Task. The fourth option could be customizable or could be fixed to either "In Review" or "On Hold." Either gets a similar point across.

The four options in Agile could be:
    to-do
    doing
    in review
    completed

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Different Notification Colours

It would be nice if the "followed channel" notification was a different color than the "direct mention" indicator. since I can't tell the difference, i find myself heading over to teams just to see conversations that I'm probably not interested in, which ends up being bad context-switching for me

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

I would like to gather some more feedback about this topic. I understand the request is for different colored notifications but I wanted to see about your feedback on the different icons.

We currently have different icons depending on the activity you are being notified of.
    Such as a direct mention in a channel with have the “@” symbol, letting you know you were @ mentioned.
    A lightbulb icon lets you know about general activity within a channel you follow.
    A chatbox icon appears when channel is mentioned that you are part of.

And so forth… do these icons help you understand the notifications or do you feel color differentiation is also required?

Let me know in the comments of this topic thread. Thanks!
    -Warren

19. High Contrast

For vision impaired uses that use custom High Contrast Theming, the Teams apps does not correctly map to the colors. For example, left list uses the Disabled vs Selected colors. Microsoft should be fully committed to one standard for Theming; especially for High Contrast Theme. It is critical for the vision impaired.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Warren responded

I apologize for being fairly ignorant on this topic. The color scheme setting can be found by clicking your portrait icon within Teams at the upper right. Under the General Settings you can select, Default color theme, Dark, or High Contrast. This follows the Windows OS high contrast theme and my understanding is also following the global standards.

If you are having issues could you let me know what exactly is happening or specifics you feel need to change? If you could tell me both and maybe even email me screen shots to TeamsML@microsoft.com I can work to see what I can do for you. Please list the subject in the email as “High Contrast”.

Thanks!
    -Warren

20. Chat popout tabbing

Feature idea :
    The new popout windows for chat to be able to tab together to provide easier window management if you have alot of chats to manage.

Along with this you could include a feature to show favorite chats or an option to favorite them we have a pin feature but what about a separate feature to favorite contacts and chats?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base