Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom color options for meeting tools overlay (Enter full screen, Meeting Notes, etc.)

The colors of the overlay icons for the meeting tools can be difficult to see when certain content is shared. Provide an option in Teams to customize the color and contrast of the overlay tools.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Put a very thin gray border around the main window frame

Put a very thin gray border around the main window frame when running Dark Theme so I can find the bottom corners on top of other "dark mode" things, like Windows Desktop (black), Notepad++ (dark theme), etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to arrange icons on desktop

The ability to arrange the icons of apps on the left-hand side

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have the Links Contained in Emails Open the Teams Application Directly

When clicking the "Reply in Teams" button located inside the emails that result from mentions, it currently pulls up the browser. Then there's a wait until the browser window pulls up the conversation inside Teams application. This is inefficient for the user and their breaks work flow.

It would be helpful if click in the email link brought the user directly into the Teams application.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Focus lost when switching from to and from Teams app

When I edit an Excel file inside Teams app, and then switch windows, when I come back the focus is lost in the Excel sheet - very annoying for any cut-and-paste operations to require an additional click every time. The focus in the Teams app should be persistent.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the chat input field active when switching back to Teams

When I switch to another program and back to Teams, I automatically start typing, but Teams has given active focus to window controls, meaning my typing is ignored until I hit the spacebar, at which point Teams minimizes itself. NOT the behavior I want to see!

Make it so Teams automatically chooses the chat input window for focus when I switch to it so that I can simply click the taskbar icon or alt-tab to it and start typing. Right now it requires far too many clicks which is disruptive and hurts my productivity.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The technology seems good but the Design and the user experience are terrible.

Please please fix the Design and user experience. For inspiration, look at Apple

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. unobvious notitifactions

I miss many notes and messages just because I didn't notice they were written by a team mate. I beleive notifications should be more obvious so that we cannot miss them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Good app, annoying login process

Teams loads by force when you start Windows. This behavior is annoying when you boot up your computer for an urgent task and Teams pops up. Also, when using the mobile version I had to provide login credentials three times (this is not because I typed anything wrong). Good app but these behavior is annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Zu unübersichtlich

Warum ist das hier nur in englisch?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Favorite or Saved tab in menu

Can you make a Saved or Favorits tab under the files tab on the left menu? It would increase productivity alot.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Inbox to Teams so its a single pane of glass to view all in one.

Add Inbox to Teams so its a single pane of glass to view all in one.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. About the feature that the cache is automatically deleted when you sign out

I would like to implement a feature that automatically deletes the cache when you sign out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve the interface

Hi there,

I'm using constantly Teams app and I think it's a good product but not as good as it can be.

I would like to ask you if there is anything in the loop of improving the interface/accessibility.

I always find the current interface not smart or intuitive as you my have to do multiple task in the same time such as: being in a call, taking notes, visualise a document; which if all are in Teams it's impossible to access all at once and currently there is no function of going back to a view from your previous…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Saperate the Download and Delete button

Download is frequently used and clicked often then Delete, putting them together forces to pause for a second and think that one doesn't delete the file accidently. While I am building the muscle memory to do the daily task successfully but their close proximity is getting in the way.

Suggest to put the Delete way down in the menu.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Test Microphone/Speakers from inside the application.

It would be nice to be able to test the Microphone and Speakers, to make sure everything is working.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Simplify it. Not user friendly to many tabs going on General, Teams. Chat, Call way to many sub menus.

Simplify it. Not user friendly to many tabs going on General, Teams. Chat, Call way to many sub menus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. minimize drop-down arrows won't stay minimized upon returning to tab

In Chat, I have several groups created with multiple people under each. Every time I need to minimize EACH tab because the lists are so long and I can't easily find who I'm looking quickly. However, if I should need to go to another tab within Teams, everything has gone back to the original extended layout and I'm back at square one. Can we get the minimize drop down arrows to stick please?!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add notification sounds! I activated every possible notification and unless I'm staring at my computer/phone/pad, I miss messages

Unless I'm staring at my computer/phone/pad I never know when I have a message for lack of notification sound! Very frustrating!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tiny URL to files in sharepoint

When copying a link via Get Link menu from files tab the URL is too big and makes it difficult to read the comments added with the URL.

It would be better if Get Link menu can give a shortened URL (like tinyurl).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base