Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chat Notifications

Currently, the only types of chat notifications available are email, banner or off. Can you fix it to where the chat will show the bubble if you receive a message, without the banner coming out. I don't want to have to read the banner every time someone IMs me, but I'd like to know I have an unread chat, by some kind of flashing notification, similar to what Skype for Business uses.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. reset chat conversation/start new chat button

It would be nice to have a way to 'reset/start new' chat conversation.
    It should not delete history ... just clear the screen so it is clear where the new conversation starts.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Shortcut hide

Add a keyboard shortcut to hide a chat!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. grammarly word corrector

Grammarly word corrector

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make the 'message delivered' icon green in chats

The icon for delivered messages looks like a clock now, which indicates it is not yet delivered. To make more clear a message is delivered, make it green, or remove the circle on the check mark.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Put a very thin gray border around the main window frame

Put a very thin gray border around the main window frame when running Dark Theme so I can find the bottom corners on top of other "dark mode" things, like Windows Desktop (black), Notepad++ (dark theme), etc.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Emoji

Please add the ]:) and thumbs down emoji. if possible you could just use the emojis that Skype uses just to cover the bases.

thank you

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enter button should return!!!

Its so hard to write something formal, especially to a manager or to another team. Its very irritating when you hit return expecting a return but rather actually send the message, sometimes incomplete...

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide keyboard shortcut to open the captioning settings pane

Currently the only way to toggle the closed captions view as well as manage your settings is to mouse or tab to the icon. Providing simple keyboard shortcuts will enable the user to quickly adjust to suit their needs.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be able to delete full chat conversations

Instead of only being able to delete individual messages, should be able to delete full chat conversations

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. About the feature that the cache is automatically deleted when you sign out

I would like to implement a feature that automatically deletes the cache when you sign out.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. meeting call me back controls need to be more visible

When joining from a Computer with Teams installed - It's awesome that the dial out function is enabled from the landing screen.
    Many users say they miss that the functionality is even there because of the placement and the fact the coloring blends into the background.
    Can the functionality be made more prominent?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Office Online tabs to respect the dark theme setting rather than have a bright white default background.

Allow Office Online tabs (Excel, Word, OneNote, etc) to respect the dark / High Contrast theme setting rather than have a bright white default background.

As a sight loss user, this causes a barrier for me in the desktop version of Teams, causing eye strain.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "multi-tab" feature to switch between files or view 2+ files at the same time.

I would really like a "multi-tab" feature to quickly switch between files or refer to two files on different tabs at once.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have a delete messages option

Needs to have a delete messages feature or delete old messages setting.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keyboard shortcuts for navigating _unread_ messages and conversations and marking them read/unread. Slack has _really_ good keyboard shortc

Keyboard shortcuts for navigating unread messages and conversations and marking them read/unread. Slack has really good keyboard shortcuts for navigating between unread teams and conversations, and it's a big productivity-booster. Vy

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable bookmarks in PDF tab, bookmarks created in Adobe Reader etc. do not seem to show in teams PDF view tab

When sharing PDF files as on-screen documents in Teams (using the PDF viewer tab), bookmarks cannot be selected even though they are in the selected file. Reference documents such as policies benefit significantly from bookmark navigation so it is bizarre it is absent.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto Spellcheck should operate like Word, Outlook, etc.

I can't believe this isn't posted.

If Teams is intended to be a primary project communication platform, this NEEDS to be addressed. It is good at recognizing a misspelled words, but the next step is where it fails miserably. I'll get a short list or a list of 20 options, or it just face-plants. The word "Didnt" without the apostrophe, only suggests, "Diderot". However, lowercase "didnt" will suggest the correct punctuation. Whaaat?! Oh, and the biggie: why cant i add a word to a Dictionary. We all work with uniques terms, words and names, that are constantly being asked to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User Status is confusing for Busy, In Meeting, on call

For Busy, In Meeting and On Call, all shows same Red color circle as status. I am not able get from icon until I hover on it and read the tooltip. :(

It should be different for each status so that user can get the meaning from its icon itself.
    Thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow us to opt out of the automatic hiding of teams. It keeps hiding the team I use the most!

Provide an option where you can turn off the automatic hiding of teams that haven't been used in a while. The current algorithm has a glitch and it is hiding the Team I use the most. I have to "show" it every day!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base