Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag and drop function within Teams for folders and documents

Please add function where you can drag and drop Teams folders within one another

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Sounds in Teams

Is it possible to customize Teams sounds? Im tired of the same calling sound..thanks

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add ":eyes:" emoji to reactions bar

Reactions bar's emoji is useful.
    But, One of the reactions we wanna use most is ": eyes:" emoji.

When we get a notification, We often react to “I'm watching now" by using eyes emoji reaction on Slack.
    If we can do it on Teams, feel super cool !

So We want to add ":eyes:" emoji to reactions bar.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sharing multiple screens

Like GoToMeeting, for training purposes or sharing content quickly, I would like the ability to have the video meeting participants be able to see multiple screens at once rather than having to move content around to the one screen that it shared. This is extremely time consuming if you’re training on multiple programs at once. And most people have more than one monitor these days.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please make the answer call icon on the incoming call popup Green! the popup is blue, the icon is blue. its confusing

The popup is blue, the answer call icon is blue, it's confusing. The "ignore call" icon is red and stands out. Users inadvertently click on the wrong icon. frequently. Making the "answer call" icon green would cause it to stand out. (image attached)

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Inking on Assignments in Teams

It would be great if we could use our Stylus to ink directly on a students work that has been submitted in TEAMS. Currently I use the highlight option to show student errors but it would be great if I could be a bit more clear about what is needing improvement. I like the idea of online marking, but it is limiting compared to editing a students printed page. Use of the stylus would override this issue.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. searching

The ability to search any types of WIKI within teams. if there is just clear text, please provide a type of search for that within groups. I can search files and other items just fine, but not clear text within groups, or Wiki's. This makes it very hard to find material.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams Kiosk Mode

There is currently no native way to put Teams in kiosk mode so that the user remains within the application.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Slash commands should be available in the same place we type messages.

As a power user, I wish to be able to enter slash commands in the same control where I type messages, because the inability to do so goes against more than 30 years of precedent for chat applications. Having to enter them elsewhere is counter intuitive and frustrating.

From an accessibility point of view it makes no sense to force the user to navigate to another control where they still need to type the slash.

IRC has had slash commands for more than 30 years. Slack, Mattermost, Zoom... all have slash commands integrated in the text entry control too.

Integrating…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. remote screen in full screen mode

While controlling remote screen in full-screen mode, I am unable to access lower part of the screen. Please fix the issue ASAP.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add the functionality to "Paste Special"

When working on Teams, and also in Office 365, you can't "Paste special". This is super annoying, and is stopping a lot my colleagues from using teams. Which defeats the purpose of us paying for it.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Permanent Font/Colour Change

Please allow permanent change of font and font colour for use in chats. The colour options given now are too light for use in fonts, and they do not allow permanent change.
    This option was available on Skype and should be available here.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. reset chat conversation/start new chat button

It would be nice to have a way to 'reset/start new' chat conversation.
    It should not delete history ... just clear the screen so it is clear where the new conversation starts.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change Default Keyboard Shortcuts

Please consider adding an option for users to customize keyboard shortcuts to fit their preferences! (If I had a dollar for every time that I hit Enter instead of the [ ' ] key, thus sending a cryptically fragmented message...)

While there currently exists a discrepancy between pressing Enter to send and pressing Shift+Enter to start a new line, I believe many users would find it helpful to have to option of DISABLING the Enter to Send shortcut.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make cache clear easier

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のキャッシュクリアの簡易化を希望します。

Make cache clear easier

Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリ、クライアントアプリ、web アプリはそれぞれキャッシュクリアの手順が異なると認識をしております。
    キャッシュクリアの手順が複雑であるため、ボタン一つでキャッシュクリアを行えるなど、現段階よりも簡易的なキャッシュクリアの実装を希望します。

Microsoft Teams mobile app, client app, web app, they all have different way to clear cache. Make cache clear easier by clearing cache on button click as it may be confusing to some users.

Thank you for your consideration.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Emoji

Please add the ]:) and thumbs down emoji. if possible you could just use the emojis that Skype uses just to cover the bases.

thank you

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open Screen Share window in new Window

When in a meeting, where someone is sharing a screen,
    Provide a feature, when you are viewing a screen presented by someone else then you can open that in separate window and get back to teams for looking at other chats.
    Currently when someone is sharing screen and you go back to chats, shared screen gets reduced in size.
    Other apps like Circuit, Skype have this feature

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make an option within TEAMSs to be able to share control of the screen with IPAD users.

IPADs need to be able to share control of the screen within meetings on TEAMS so that we can use interactive lessons where the student can control the screen to make therapy interactive. Please add this feature similar to that available if using TEAMs from Computer to computer.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Label closed captions with the speaker

Label closed captions with the name of the speaker

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Navigating between chat and teams folders is cumbersome. There should br a way to pop out chats or do an Alt tab to jump between

Navigating between chat and teams folders is cumbersome. There should be a way to pop out chats or do an Alt tab to jump between. For eg. If someone sends me a team folder link in team chat, i should be able to view the folder and chat in 2 separate windows

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base