Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 90 Grad Drehung

Es ist möglich in der Teams App das Handy um 90 Grad zu drehen und im Querformat auf dem Handy zu schreiben

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. More visible warnings on desktops

We used business Skype before I always saw the warnings it’s clear and the my dint go away until you answer. With team I always miss them. It reminds me of slack- not great

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I cannot invite guests

Although I've ticked the option in the Teams admin center, I cannot add guests to my teams.
    JP

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support third party keyboards on iOS in all Microsoft apps

I use Gboard as my main keyboard on iOS. I swipe. I have been since 3rd party keyboards came to iOS. Swipe, Gboard, Microsoft had a nice one they later store.

Is there a reason to not support 3rd party keyboards? They are specifically being excluded. My only guess it's because of MDM and security rules. As keyboards ask permission to see all that you type for their training on features. Is this a setting that can be switched by my company?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shortcut to kanban board (planner)

Now you have to select Teams, see all teams, the team, general, more, the planner, select the drop down menu amd open.... Trello is easier and faster and you can use it wide screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove overlay on messages

When the message is short and you want to copy it (lets say someone posts a ticket number) you just cant as stupid overlay with
    options, saving message and liking is covering the real message.
    This is just poor ux.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams mobile dark theme: make text legible in meeting notes

Meeting note text in mobile dark theme is currently dark purple on black (see screenshot). Please make text more legible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Blurring of old messages until hover setting per chat / room

I would like to have a setting per channel / conversation to blur messages until hover so people could not read over your shoulder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Move the message options somewhere else

The message options that appear on the upper right when you hover over a message keep you from coping a message. For developers, this is frustrating as we share share a lot of cmd's or similar code snippets

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please make your app usable - I'm locking my self

Once I open excel on MS Teams and close it I cannot open it in regular excel because it is showing me that file is locked. This is realy annoying not to be able to work with my files. Do something with this because otherwise MS Teams will be lame as now!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Presentations are not opened showing full slide

When opening a presentation, the window need to be readjusted to see the full slide
    The issue is basically solve by resizing MS Teams window and maximizing it again...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Viewing Excel File in Teams is Distorted

Can Teams improve the excel file viewing in Teams? I have a lot of empty space which makes it hard to look at a file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don’t put the record button where the send button is.

Whenever I push send, it also records since the send button turns into a record button shortly after. Please relocate the record button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Going backwards from Skype

I can't have separate chat windows, there's so much white wasted empty space. I can't tag contacts for when they come back on, i can't easily create contacts as my favorites, i have to start a chat with them first. I'm noticing all this by using teams for less than an hour. You're making it harder for IT admins, business users are furious. We can't convert skype meetings. Stop forcing and shoving things down our throat

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Copy and paste -- among other things like... retire this app

For the love of God please make cutting and pasting convos easier. this is ridiculous. Why my company decided to move to this platform and eliminate Skype for Business is beyond me or better yet please higher developers with experience... I think the hipster developer had too many non gmo chi tea lattes the morning meeting when copy and paste was discussed during development of this garbage app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Being able to decline shift or accept with modified hours

Being able to decline a shift that are in the open shift section would help senior support and managers know that someone saw the shift and cant do it then they can move onto the next person on the list. That way we dont have to wait till closing date if we know everyone has seen it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base