Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. file shortcut

It would be nice for a file inside of ms teams to be allowed to have a shortcut of itself to be placed inside other ms teams channel folders. Therefore, there isn’t duplication of the same file, yet it’s still accessible from different channels to people who have permissions to access one of the channels that has that shortcut within. When people click that shortcut they are opening the original file from the original folder that it’s in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. text color

when paste text, have the option to paste as plain text. reformatting text on teams is fairly hard (color font button isn't inuitive and the color options are too muted) and other issues. But the ROOT of the issue for me at least is that when I paste text from other places, it keeps the original formatting which doesn't look good or even legible in teams. If I could just paste as plain text, I wouldn't care as much at the poor process of reformatting text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create keyboard shortcut for switching organisations

Please add a keyboard shortcut for switching between multiple organisations in the desktop client.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The bar in the middle of the screen shouldn't be shifted to left

During the meeting when we press people or chat button to see what's there the bar which includes buttons is shifting left and if we accidentally press twice (sometimes mouse double click problem) then we press TO REQUEST CONTROL from other participant.
    So the bar should be still and shouldn't be shifted to left

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Not require top layer only notifications or allow notification area to be moved.

I hate that when messages or notifications pop up in the lower right corner they "hide" other things there that I'm trying to access. Then I either have to wait for it to go away or await an X to propagate so I can close it. It would be great to have an option to allow those pop ups to NOT dominate the area (not have to be top layer). And/or be able to be MOVED regarding where they normally pop up. Another example, I get an outlook inbox notification in the lower right corner that I want to review…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto rotate on phone app screen

Add an auto rotate option on the phone app so that the screen can be seen horizontally

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Keyboard shortcuts to navigate directly to various channel tabs (Posts/Files/Wiki/etc)

We can use Ctrl+G to navigate to a channel, but it opens on the main page. For faster navigation, it would be convenient to have a keyboard shortcut that navigates directly to, for example, the Files tab. Or a keyboard shortcut to navigate channel tabs quickly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Navigation

During a meeting I went to see who else was in the meeting and who was speaking but there was no way for me to navigate back to the main screen where the speaker was sharing his screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have all unfinished assignments shown at once

Instead of having to select a team to see if I have an assignment, I want to be able to see every unfinished assignment from every team at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Carga lento y no da notificaciones

Carga lento, no da notificaciones

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Toggle between tabs

Allow users to navigate between different tabs while working on the tabs at the same time. For now if I am creating a meeting invite, I cannot get out of there without saving to reply a message in Chat tab, nor to view calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Maybe get devs who know what they are doing?

The level of just plain stupid in this app is ASTOUNDING. First someone decided to let the GUI take up more than 30% of the desktop real estate, and a team of people said "Oh, yep. That's a great idea boss!"

Then someone (probably the same someone) decided to put banner pop-ups RIGHT ON TOP of the input element, so you can't SEE what you're typing! Again, GENIUS!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Download popup

1:1 chat, or 1:x chat; Download popup, similar to "<DisplayName> is typing.....", but this would be when someone is downloading a file, you just attached. "<DisplayName> is downloading the file you shared......". Let this popup linger, just for a moment, and really only for that one message where you just shared something. no need to know someone is downloading something shared 2 days or weeks ago.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Special characters

It would be very helpfull if special characters could be entered with the use of the CTRL key (similar to Word, Outlook), e.g. CTRL+SHIFT+:, u returns as ü

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shortcuts when Teams in background

Shortcuts that work even when Teams isn't the active window. e.g. Skype for Business uses Windows + F4 to mute/unmute microsphone even when minimised/in background.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Startup Minimized

Startup Minimized

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assignments page: show how many assignmentsare still open on each team

It doesn't make sense that the assignments page makes you click on the team in order to see if there are still any open assignments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)