Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add rotating screen. Make things right

Rotating screen/landscape. Standard feature in mobile apps.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. auto hide sidebar should hide after choosing channel/team

When the side bar is on auto-hide (when window is sized to a smaller width), once a Team channel is clicked, the sidebar should auto-hide again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Actual keyboard usability

Trying to use Teams with a keyboard is a dreadful experience. I'd like to explain why, here, but it wouldn't do it justice. The product team just needs to use it for a day, trying not to touch the mouse and write down every time they have no choice but to reach for the mouse. Keyboard nav needs a complete overhaul, not the token keyboard shortcuts found on `ctrl+.`.

This applies to the app and the web ui.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. unobvious notitifactions

I miss many notes and messages just because I didn't notice they were written by a team mate. I beleive notifications should be more obvious so that we cannot miss them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Good app, annoying login process

Teams loads by force when you start Windows. This behavior is annoying when you boot up your computer for an urgent task and Teams pops up. Also, when using the mobile version I had to provide login credentials three times (this is not because I typed anything wrong). Good app but these behavior is annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Zu unübersichtlich

Warum ist das hier nur in englisch?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. right-click to quote and reply

In Skype, we have a very handful feature that allow us to right-click then choose "Quote" to get a message to be quoted in chat-box.
    I think it would be nice if we could have it on Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When i want to copy a message is very painful to select it, it sucks

When i want to copy a message is very painful to select it, it sucks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Optamize the app for a larger screen

The andoid app is not optimized for a larger screen. When used on a chromebook there is a lot of white are that is basically wasted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A heavy app

Its a heavy app and it is affecting perfrormance of my phone and my other devices. Besides the layout and tabs could get better. Display/presentation is important these days, work can be done though purple color is fine.
    Im new user to it took me quite some time to understand where and how I can upload my work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy Last One Word when the sentence is long

Cannot copy the last word in numbers when the sentence is long.
    When the mouse is moving to the last word, the icons like this message and save message keeps popping out. Please see the attachment and please help to fix it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Keyboard enter key not sending

On the IPad Pro when pressing the enter key on the external keyboard it makes a new line and doesn’t send the message. This is so annoying as I use Teams a lot and I have to touch the screen on every message to send instead of just pressing enter on the keyboard.
    I can’t see any settings to change this and all the other messaging apps work fine with the enter key.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have the Links Contained in Emails Open the Teams Application Directly

When clicking the "Reply in Teams" button located inside the emails that result from mentions, it currently pulls up the browser. Then there's a wait until the browser window pulls up the conversation inside Teams application. This is inefficient for the user and their breaks work flow.

It would be helpful if click in the email link brought the user directly into the Teams application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. RSS Connector name and Favicon added to title of post

We have various suppliers RSS feeds going into a Channel for operations \ technical teams to be aware of outages of platforms. However, unlike webhooks these all get posted into the Channel with a title of RSS.

It would be more useful if the name of the RSS feed, which you've got to add "Enter a name for your RSS connection." when you configure it would be used instead.

It would also be great if for a Webhook or RSS feed, it pulled and used the websites Favicon.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the chat input field active when switching back to Teams

When I switch to another program and back to Teams, I automatically start typing, but Teams has given active focus to window controls, meaning my typing is ignored until I hit the spacebar, at which point Teams minimizes itself. NOT the behavior I want to see!

Make it so Teams automatically chooses the chat input window for focus when I switch to it so that I can simply click the taskbar icon or alt-tab to it and start typing. Right now it requires far too many clicks which is disruptive and hurts my productivity.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The technology seems good but the Design and the user experience are terrible.

Please please fix the Design and user experience. For inspiration, look at Apple

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Are you still there?

Constantly being shown the 'Are you still there?' pop up which makes you refresh the page... You should show the pop up after 30 minutes/1 hour of inactivity, not less than a minute!

Very annoying, please update!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop mark team as favorite by default.

Currently, team are marked as Favorite by default, while this list is not sorted by alphabet. Although this list can be sorted manually but not everybody aware that, and if we have many things on this list, we just don't want to sort it manually anymore. We want to have ability to scan the list by alphabet. And removing Favorite is quite boring task.

When you have a big list of teams, you will just want to make some of them as favorite, while leave the rest in ABC order. Making just some teams as favorite is better than making…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. On chat, allow sizing of the columns for recent and activity.

Currently it is as if there is no "wrap text" on the speech balloons; resizing the entire window just cuts off the left edge of the chat, if you want to see the list of names at the left. Would like to be able to resize the chat side to fit in a narrower space, while maintaining the list of names.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Not able to copy long data from message.

It is difficult to copy data from a teams chat conversation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base