Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard shortcut for mute/unmute microphone

A setting to make use of a keyboard to fast mute/unmute your microphone, this is a very good quality of live feature

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Transcribe audio messages sent from Teams mobile app

In addition to making the audio content searchable, a transcription would allow hearing impaired individuals to consume audio messages sent from Mobile clients.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add "In Review" or "On Hold" to Progress status of a Task

To align with Agile methodologies, which have four status options for "user stories"/tasks, add a fourth option in the Progress drop down menu on each Task. The fourth option could be customizable or could be fixed to either "In Review" or "On Hold." Either gets a similar point across.

The four options in Agile could be:
    to-do
    doing
    in review
    completed

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add rotating screen. Make things right

Rotating screen/landscape. Standard feature in mobile apps.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Different Notification Colours

It would be nice if the "followed channel" notification was a different color than the "direct mention" indicator. since I can't tell the difference, i find myself heading over to teams just to see conversations that I'm probably not interested in, which ends up being bad context-switching for me

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

I would like to gather some more feedback about this topic. I understand the request is for different colored notifications but I wanted to see about your feedback on the different icons.

We currently have different icons depending on the activity you are being notified of.
    Such as a direct mention in a channel with have the “@” symbol, letting you know you were @ mentioned.
    A lightbulb icon lets you know about general activity within a channel you follow.
    A chatbox icon appears when channel is mentioned that you are part of.

And so forth… do these icons help you understand the notifications or do you feel color differentiation is also required?

Let me know in the comments of this topic thread. Thanks!
    -Warren

6. Make Contacts and Contact groups appear in any order one needs

Do not require that contacts and groups be sorted alphabetically.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keep Tracked Changes in a Word doc within Teams

When reviewing to track changes in a Word doc in Teams I need to open it in Word Online. On making the tracked changes, autosaved, and closed the Tracked changes are changed in the Teams view but not tracked for visibility to another reader... Making any review and tracking within Teams somewhat wasted effort and quite counterproductuve across a joint team effort on a single document.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. searching refined

make it so that the ability to search within teams is a little better. I do not see a search or any type of local search within a group. If I go to a group, I should be able to search within the group, no matter how many pages and tabs there are, to be able to find things within tabs in groups.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Up Arrow / Keyboard to Edit Last Message in Teams / Channels

When will this be added to the compose message textbox in the Teams / Channels area of the app? It currently only functions in Chats and I'm sure a lot of people that voted for that (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16932934-up-arrow-to-edit-last-message) meant a vote for Channels / Teams, too or maybe even more importantly.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Slash commands should be available in the same place we type messages.

As a power user, I wish to be able to enter slash commands in the same control where I type messages, because the inability to do so goes against more than 30 years of precedent for chat applications. Having to enter them elsewhere is counter intuitive and frustrating.

From an accessibility point of view it makes no sense to force the user to navigate to another control where they still need to type the slash.

IRC has had slash commands for more than 30 years. Slack, Mattermost, Zoom... all have slash commands integrated in the text entry control too.

Integrating…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add ":eyes:" emoji to reactions bar

Reactions bar's emoji is useful.
    But, One of the reactions we wanna use most is ": eyes:" emoji.

When we get a notification, We often react to “I'm watching now" by using eyes emoji reaction on Slack.
    If we can do it on Teams, feel super cool !

So We want to add ":eyes:" emoji to reactions bar.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. reset chat conversation/start new chat button

It would be nice to have a way to 'reset/start new' chat conversation.
    It should not delete history ... just clear the screen so it is clear where the new conversation starts.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Copy and Paste

When trying to copy and paste, if you hold your mouse over the last word in a sentence a menu tab will show instead and does not allow to copy only that word but instead you will need to copy the whole sentence. Really annoying. That menu should only appear if we do right click.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hotkeys to access conversation options like copy link, mark as unread and menu accelerator keys

I would like additional hotkeys to access conversation options like copy link, mark as unread, save/ bookmark...

See attached screenshot. It seems none are available.
    At least one hotkey to access the options menu and menu accelerator keys. (it is a common UI expected feature)

Motivation: with such hotkeys/ accelerator keys one could pimp Teams with some AutoHotkey scripting e.g. copy link to selected thread->reply with link to this thread in one hotkey

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make cache clear easier

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のキャッシュクリアの簡易化を希望します。

Make cache clear easier

Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリ、クライアントアプリ、web アプリはそれぞれキャッシュクリアの手順が異なると認識をしております。
    キャッシュクリアの手順が複雑であるため、ボタン一つでキャッシュクリアを行えるなど、現段階よりも簡易的なキャッシュクリアの実装を希望します。

Microsoft Teams mobile app, client app, web app, they all have different way to clear cache. Make cache clear easier by clearing cache on button click as it may be confusing to some users.

Thank you for your consideration.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Font Options

Add the option to change and save font color, style, size in message box.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. HDR Monitor Support is Required

Hello, Please add HDR support to teams as on an HDR-enabled display it is darkened and impossible to see.

This issue was persistent with the Asus ROG 27UQ which is an HDR10 1000 nit local dimming device.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shortcut hide

Add a keyboard shortcut to hide a chat!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. grammarly word corrector

Grammarly word corrector

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams Kiosk Mode

There is currently no native way to put Teams in kiosk mode so that the user remains within the application.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base