Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. my picture not showing

my picture is not showing,

when joining the call camera is on, there should be a default to off

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. differentiate between chat and post without opening teams

Teams shows there are notifications, but I don't know whether they are instant messages that I should pay attention to or just someones post in teams, which I can read later

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. visibility

I need better definition of windows EDGES. I suffer from Glaucoma and I cannot make out the EDGES of WINDOWS. I get lost trying to figure out where the corners and edges are so I often cannot close windows or even know what things are in what window. IT'S MOREFRUSTRATING THAT A BSOD!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. desktop version needs to better suit or adapt to size of screen

The desk top app needs 2/3 the width of my 15 inch screen in order to show the scroll bar on the right hand side. This is very impractical when trying to use the programme whilst doing other work. Whilst I can make the window smaller, the scroll bar disappears and I can't navigate through the chat log.

It would be good if I can choose to scale down the programme since I don't really need the top bar (with search option) to be as bit as it is, when I'm using the laptop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Increase working area, when using excel, with the top and sides panels, working area is very small.

Increase working area, when using excel, with the top and sides panels, working area is very small.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Office documentation is locked while editing in Microsoft Teams

When I open another tab of the Office documentation while editing in Microsoft Teams and try to work on the original documentation, following message may be shown, “Another user (aka my name) is currently editing it”.
    This file lock problem is announced in the below article, refer to “Another user is editing the file” section:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/unlock-a-file-that-has-been-locked-for-editing-bdda0d41-1b8e-44ed-a6ae-6d095d37c22d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

I have to wait for a while till the documentation would become editable, but this would be a really frustrated situation.
    I would request the function improvement to allow unlock the file when working with another tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. OSX Hotkey CMD+1 to show window

Please add "CMD+1" to open the window when it is minimized or hidden, this is pretty standard on OSX as far as I can tell.

Or customizable hot keys.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the default to respond to the latest conversation not start a new one

When I open the app it automatically goes to a new conversation. It would be better if it went to the conversation for which I received a notification. Maybe make a + button for new conversations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. /bing

Add /bing to Command Bar to search for keywords.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Formatting text when creating/replying a thread: How do I insert new-line or get a bullet-list?

I am unable to format text while replying/creating a thread. For example, to improve readability, I format my message with new-lines, bullets or numbered lists. I am unable to do those things. For example, When I press the Enter key, the message is posted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hello, I would like to suggest the Teams and Chat be configurable in one window like Slack. It will make chatting and collaboration easier.

Hello, I would like to suggest the Teams and Chat be configurable in one window like Slack. It will make chatting and collaboration easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Clear Target for Selecting Teams Window for moving

With all of the buttons (new, search, profile) moved to the top bar of the Teams window it is often difficult to grab the window to move it around on the screen. I often keep Teams up on a separate screen and move it center when it becomes my focus. The cluttered to bar makes the challenging.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Translation

Seriously, who hired who to translate in French. It's simply awful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.